PDA

View Full Version : Recaro options for the Beast?

Hy Octane
January 6th, 2005, 16:47
Hi Gang..
The thought of having to be satisfied with the A6 Sport seats that we in the USA were dealt instead of the recaro seats offered in Europe bugs me. I really want to have the seats the car was meant to have. To that end, we have seen a few Ebay sellers with the full fronts and backs, but they are super expensive to ship here. I can find the exact same Recaros here except they dont have the side airbags for $1200 each. However, it seems that the Recaros in the S4's are the same seats with airbags.. Does anyone know if it is possible to fit the S4 seats into an RS6? If it is, this might be a solution.. if not, well I might have to pop for the non-airbag ones.. after all, those side airbags are preferred, but not essential and the A6 sport seats just dont have enough side bolstering to give you that snug feel as you hunker down thru a corner. Thoughts?

Bauer
January 6th, 2005, 20:08
To my understanding the mounting brackets are different and thus won't fit...if you want to be adventerous you could have something fabircated.

I looked at importing the whole set (front and rear) from Europe about a year ago....but way too spendy IMO.

Good luck...keep us posted.

BTW, I hate the seats as well.:w:

wasn
January 7th, 2005, 09:41
If someone want to post pics for me then i'll post some "limitted seat" and other bits and pieces from audi "group buy", which we negotiated in a deal.

iconcls
January 7th, 2005, 20:07
contemplated importing Recaros, but decided to invest the money in better brakes instead and installed Schroth harnesses for the track.