PDA

View Full Version : my new 500 hp ride.

sturs6
December 24th, 2004, 23:37
Hear an audio clip of my new addition... the CTS-V with a few mods.
Audio Clip (http://www.kelseyphelps.com/media/MallettV.wav)

J0X
December 25th, 2004, 15:34
Ohh, that baby sounds ba-ad! So how are you liking the car overall, in comparison with the RS6?

sturs6
December 26th, 2004, 02:25
Originally posted by J0X
Ohh, that baby sounds ba-ad! So how are you liking the car overall, in comparison with the RS6?
Thanks J0X,
I really miss the All-wheel drive but boy is it fun. The feels as though it now is just as quick as the RS6 was but I have not been able to prove that. Hopefully soon!!The six speed is great I enjoy it with this power more than the tip or auto.Winter will be a little more difficult for me but thankfully I am not in an area that gets lots of snow.

J0X
December 26th, 2004, 22:20
Sounds great – yeah, I bet it's a blast to drive. Do you have a fellow RS6:er nearby to do some side-by-sides (or does anyone know of a test between the two?)

I just got a two second glance at this Caddie driving by the other day and I haven't quite been able to let it go.. :p

Benman
December 27th, 2004, 15:33
Originally posted by sturs6
Thanks J0X,
I really miss the All-wheel drive but boy is it fun. The feels as though it now is just as quick as the RS6 was but I have not been able to prove that. Hopefully soon!!The six speed is great I enjoy it with this power more than the tip or auto.Winter will be a little more difficult for me but thankfully I am not in an area that gets lots of snow.
It's a safe bet to say that your modded Caddy IS as fast, if not FASTER in a straight line, as the Beast. The car might lose a little off the line (all wheel vs rear wheel) but after that, the higher HP and lower weight should take care of the rest.

Question. Did they (Mallet) do a lot of suspension work as well or did they leave the stock set up alone? Glad to hear you're enjoying the new toy:D

Ben:addict:

sturs6
December 27th, 2004, 16:04
The suspension has been changed as well. It has been lowered as well as penske racing shocks installed and a few other mods to the suspension. I am still waiting on the 19 inch 1 piece forged wheel and the Michelin PS2's.

Benman
December 27th, 2004, 20:03
Originally posted by sturs6
The suspension has been changed as well. It has been lowered as well as penske racing shocks installed and a few other mods to the suspension. I am still waiting on the 19 inch 1 piece forged wheel and the Michelin PS2's.
How's the ride compared to stock?

sturs6
December 28th, 2004, 12:34
From what I remember of the test drive the ride is a bit stiffer and holds corners a heck of a lot better then the factory setup.

Benman
December 28th, 2004, 14:54
Seems to me that a slight trade off is worth it, although the car handles pretty well stock:D