PDA

View Full Version : Video: SCCA RS6 and its competition

Erik
December 20th, 2004, 20:15
Nice video. I think sturs6 will like it too :D

http://www.audivideos.com/New.htm

"SCCA RS6 and its competition" :addict:

"Some insights around SCCA racing regulations.
Comparing the SCCA versions of the Audi RS6, Dodge Viper, Cadillac CTS and Chevrolet Corvette."

Aronis
December 20th, 2004, 21:12
Nice Video,

as I had suspected the so-call stock CTS-V is modified more than any other car!

I'd like to see a fully stock race between those four cars, that would be interesting.

Mike

JAXRS6
December 21st, 2004, 04:10
Originally posted by Aronis
I'd like to see a fully stock race between those four cars, that would be interesting.

I'll second that!:cheers:

I understand why the SCCA makes & modifies rules for each car in this class: If they let one marque dominate, fans of the others will lose interest -- hurting the series overall.

But I agree with you on this, Mike, and a few weeks ago I posted a similar proposition on another forum. One answered by saying cars in the Showroom Stock category are less modified. I don't know what those cars are, but I suspect that if they were competitive with the RS6, we would know about them.

There might be a problem making a purely stock race between such varied cars as the GT series a commercial success. If it's only a single race, will there be a big enough audience to make it worthwhile? Seems doubtful. And if it is a series, there's the danger of domination by one marque if cars can't be changed.

Safety issues arise, too. Seems like any sanctioning organization would want a roll cage at least, so staying "pure stock" is a challenge.

Still, I salivate at the thought of doing it pure stock, even if just once. And just to fantasize further about such a one-time race, how about including an E55 and M5?

:revs: :revs: :revs:

Or -- for those who want some consistency without sacrificing the stock concept, race ONLY the RS6, CTS-V, E55 and M5 ... and call the class Sleeper Madness.

PS -- Thanks, Erik, for the nice video -- and the cool site with other Audi videos at your link! I didn't know about it til now.

Aronis
December 21st, 2004, 13:51
I understand the need for the roll cage, but perhaps a comparison race with just the addition of the roll cage for those four cars!

There is a good side of such heavily modified cars going against a not so heavily modified car, in that the drivers of Caddy CTS-V's will be crying when they come accross an RS6 and expect to 'beat it' LOL....

I love crushing Vette's, the typical middle aged driver (not so unlike us RS6 drivers LOL) just cries when he gets home that he was beat by a sedan LOLOLOLOLOL...

Mike

:race: :addict: :applause:

JAXRS6
December 21st, 2004, 16:00
Originally posted by Aronis
[B]I understand the need for the roll cage, but perhaps a comparison race with just the addition of the roll cage for those four cars!/B]

:thumb: Bingo!:thumb: Does anyone else agree with Mike & me on this? If there are enough of us, is there a way to encourage SCCA, or Audi & other mfrs, to get something like this going as a one-time race OR series?

iconcls
December 21st, 2004, 18:34
Awww, Gingerman Raceway, my car loved that track; it felt very at home there except turn 2.

Bauer
December 21st, 2004, 18:44
As my wife say "that RS6 will be our next track car".....I am really kind of screwed that I got her into this stuff.

I would love to have that thing:rs6kiss:

I also think a stock race would be very entertaining....who wants to set it up????

Stewart...your can been sent to Mallet yet?