PDA

View Full Version : Just want to say hi to the board. New member here.

DaveyKid
December 19th, 2004, 14:43
Am active on the Audiworld board, but it's probably more important to keep this forum active with such a rare car we all own.

Now if I they could just build a transmission up to the task!!!

SpinEcho
December 19th, 2004, 20:51
Welcome!

I've read about your transmission woes at AudiWorld. Hope they get cleared up ASAP!

DaveyKid
December 20th, 2004, 01:01
So do I! You know how hard it is to go weeks on end without your RS6? No offense to my MB's, but they just don't have that fun quotient that my RS6 does.

eph94
December 20th, 2004, 05:02
Originally posted by DaveyKid
So do I! You know how hard it is to go weeks on end without your RS6? No offense to my MB's, but they just don't have that fun quotient that my RS6 does.

OK, so the MB's don't stack up, but how about the Vespa? :thumb:

Bauer
December 20th, 2004, 05:35
Welcome-

I also read your posts regarding the issues you were having.....I hope they get it sorted out for you. My RS6 was down for over two weeks...dealer gave me a A6 2.8 as a loaner. Kind of sucked ...but when I got the RS6 back.....damm did it seem fast.

Cheers,

JAXRS6
December 20th, 2004, 06:01
Welcome to a very helpful forum -- glad to see you here! FYI I responded to your tranny thread at audiworld.com where my user name is jatwrite.

DaveyKid
December 20th, 2004, 13:39
JJV-MA, let me tell you that Vespa moves through traffic quicker than the RS6 does!

Bauer, my dealer has gone way above and beyond for me. Some don't like the dealer I use, but they have been nothing but professional and courteous towards me. They have loaners for me as well but I'll just use one of my other cars.

As a follow up to my trans issues, I'm just waiting for ECM to arrive from Germany so we can narrow down the issues. I feel better about the fact that it's not a second transmission that's gone bad and that it's an ECM communications issue. Might also be the harness, but we don't know yet.

I'll keep everyone posted!

Benman
December 20th, 2004, 21:18
Davey,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you,ve had tranny problems (I don't keep up with audiworld). Hopefully all is cleared up. I haven't had to go without my RS 6 for more than a day so can imagine what weeks must be like:cry:

Ben:addict:

chewy496
December 21st, 2004, 02:39
Welcome...

Any chance on a high res version of the pic you use as your avatar? (Preferably without the banner on it) :bye: )

DaveyKid
December 21st, 2004, 09:16
Chewy, I do have it in high res as well, but being new to this board, I haven't figured out how to post a picture in the body yet. Give me a few tries at it and I'll get it on there. I'm sure it's not too difficult!

quattro
December 21st, 2004, 09:36
I haven't figured out how to post a picture in the body yet.

Here's some help :)

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4607

www.RS6.com/gallery

DaveyKid
December 21st, 2004, 09:53
And then again, maybe not so easy......

Do I need someone to host the picture for a full resolution size image? My online storage be it Yahoo or whoever also limits the size of the picture.

Thoughts?

Erik
December 21st, 2004, 10:03
Do I need someone to host the picture for a full resolution size image? My online storage be it Yahoo or whoever also limits the size of the picture.

E-mail the pics to rs6com@gmail.com

DaveyKid
December 21st, 2004, 10:10
Unfortunately, I'm somewhat limited by the size restrictions in the gallery. Not sure how to make the picture larger within the gallery??

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/1696RS6_skyline.JPG

DaveyKid
December 21st, 2004, 10:23
Originally posted by Erik
E-mail the pics to rs6com@gmail.com

Sent!

chewy496
December 21st, 2004, 14:31
Thanks... But to me the image you attached seems to be at a different angle to the one in your avatar. They are both really pretty photo's but I feel the one in your avatar is just WOW:bow:

Also, you could e-mail it to me steve@stevechew.co.uk and I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

chewy

roadsleeper
December 22nd, 2004, 05:04
DaveyKid - I heard about your problem, but didn't keep track of what happened. Hopefully they ironed everything out.

Originally posted by Bauer
dealer gave me a A6 2.8 as a loaner. Kind of sucked ...

At last you got a halfway decent loaner... Our RS6 has been down twice now, the first time was for a faulty radiator (the car was literally peeing coolant), and the second time was for a bubble in the left-front Pirelli (still not resolved).

They apparently don't give loaners here, and they guy made it sound like he was giving me his first born to hang on to :rolleyes: Anyway, the sad part was that his 'first born' was a B6 A4... 2.0 CVT... and to add insult to injury, the damn thing was so dirty all over the interior and the tires were balding!!!

Edit: Typo

DaveyKid
December 22nd, 2004, 08:36
Chewy, how's this? Got the right angle this time!

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/1696RS6_skyline2.JPG

chewy496
December 22nd, 2004, 13:47
Thanks man... Very nice pic! :D

nene
December 22nd, 2004, 14:50
Welcome to our little slice of heaven.