PDA

View Full Version : Video: Top Gear tests Evo 8 FQ400

Erik
December 16th, 2004, 21:29
From Top Gear, Evo 8 FQ400.

Save as... (http://www.shibby.force9.co.uk/Pete/FQ400-Topgear.wmv)

8 Mb
11min 14 sek

Erik
December 16th, 2004, 22:05
Here's EVO's (UK magazine) FQ340 btw,

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_35/car_portal_pic_17580.jpg?9012

"I'm making good time: perhaps too good. The motorway is just up ahead, brilliant, just this roundabout to negoti... oh no, oh s**t... please don't hit the... BANG!
The left rear wheel smashes into the kerb... but I'm slowing down pretty quickly... maybe it'll be alri... BANG! The Evo comes to a stop with the passenger door and front wing mangled by a very immovable lamp post. Where did it all go wrong?

Well, I was praying to the gods of Super Active Yaw Control within milliseconds of turning into the roundabout and a split second later when I realised there wasn't the room to pull it out of the skid I was leaning on the ABS for all it was worth. It's a deeply surreal experience between the moment you know you're going to crash and the actual impact. Everything went quiet and slowed to Matrix speed and then, just as the rear wheel tore itself apart on the kerb, the noise ramped up to deafening levels and I seemed to fast-forward into the lamp post. The sickening crunch is still lodged in my head.

So, here I am. Backwards down a steep bank, one spoke-less wheel loosely held on by snapped suspension and bits of bodywork lying all around. All the S-AYC, ABS and EBD couldn't save me from myself. "

J.Seven
December 17th, 2004, 07:41
Amazing performance :eek: at a low price on a cheap looking car, great video, thanks for sharing.

J.Seven

Erik
December 17th, 2004, 08:03
Originally posted by J.Seven
Amazing performance :eek: at a low price

Amazing performance, yes, still looks like a rental ;)

~45.000 GBP. Roughly 90.000 USD.

Low price? :rolleyes: :vhmmm:

A418TQTip
December 17th, 2004, 14:07
Originally posted by Erik
~45.000 GBP. Roughly 90.000 USD.

Low price? :rolleyes: :vhmmm:

That's exactly what I thought...

Since the car is UK only, how long do you guys think Mitsu will need to move all 50 FQ400s they're planning on building?

Nordschleife
December 17th, 2004, 14:54
USD 90,000 isn't what it used to be.