PDA

View Full Version : Tire pressure monitor

audirs6sport
December 12th, 2004, 12:06
Does anyone know if the tire pressure monitor option can be retrofitted into the u.s. models? If so, where can I obtain the parts inorder to further proceed?

gjg
December 12th, 2004, 15:53
I used Tirerack pressure system for winter tires and by spring I will have the sensors swapped in summer wheels as well

works like a champ.

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/smartire/smartire_all.jsp

:thumb:

JP4
December 13th, 2004, 04:22
Like gjg...I have the Smart Tire System. And it DOES work great!

audirs6sport
December 13th, 2004, 12:03
Yeah I was considering these aftermarket products. However, I much favor oem over any aftermarket products...

quattro
December 13th, 2004, 12:17
A friend of mine is considering that TR system on his 996TT.

JP4
December 13th, 2004, 15:35
Originally posted by audirs6sport
Yeah I was considering these aftermarket products. However, I much favor oem over any aftermarket products...

I typically do the same thing. It WOULD be nice to have the data displayed using the in dash display. In this case however you MAY find that the aftermarket product either is the manufacturer of the OEM system and or is more functional. It is certainly less obtrusive than you might think as the in car display measures about (L)7cm x (W)4cm x (D)2.5cm and mounts nicely out of the way above the rear view mirror. I have mine setup to recognize 2 different sets of tires (street & track). The display gives temperature as well as pressure data for each tire and the target pressures/temps can be set up differently for each set of tires. It's a nice system IMHO. :0:

Benman
December 13th, 2004, 15:53
Originally posted by audirs6sport
That's interesting. Why then are you interested in "aftermarket" suspension products for your RS 6, since the OEM suspension sucks? Sorry for going off topic.

audirs6sport
December 14th, 2004, 01:41
Hmm... I was talking about the tirerack's aftermarket tire pressure monitor vs oem. After all, that "IS" the topic I have posted. :) As far as suspension goes, I don't plan on doing any mods to it. The stock suspension works just fine for me. It's the damn sluggish auto gearbox that is pissing me off. :w: