PDA

View Full Version : Yo Gotta See This!!!!!

Bauer
December 11th, 2004, 07:49
Stuff like this is just awsome......keep trying others.....you might, if your lucky, make something half as good.

http://www.supercars.de/html/related_link/redirect.html?link=853

smeeg
December 11th, 2004, 16:51
go audiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

J0X
December 11th, 2004, 23:30
:hihi: Four rings to rule them all. :hihi:

RS4Ever
December 12th, 2004, 06:20
HAHA!!! :D :applause: thanks bauer

totally awsome!

it was ready to start climbing the next one. :0:

audi really shows the :harass: others what 4x4 means.

:thumb: "cruzin with quattro" :cool2:

this is a good clip to help deal with that loooooong re:re:re:re:re:re:re: thread about rwd and quattro on snowy surfaces thats been going.

steve
December 12th, 2004, 10:51
lol that's great:D

For al the people who say an Allroad isn't a real offroader! :thumb:

dl link: http://www.designbybond.se/temp/vergleichstest-allroad-quattro.avi

Nordschleife
December 12th, 2004, 11:49
Be very careful not to get too carried away by this video. The All Road is not a real off roader, try it across country and you will realise its not suitable. It is an excellent car in winter however, and one of the nicest cars for skiing families to own.
However, on the test in the video, by far the most important factors were drivers and tyres. Notice the All Road was a factory car, if they sent one of their team of rally stars along they could drive anything up to the top with the correct tyres.
A similar test carried out earlier this year showed how a Mercedes S Class was much better at driving up a ski run than an Audi A8. Its all drivers and tyres.
I would say that the All Road is just as its name suggests, designed for All Roads, but its not an off roader, unless I am mistaken, this video shows cars driving on a snow covered road.
R+C

itisme
December 12th, 2004, 12:42
[As the video is in german I can understand everything. And it`s not a snowy road, it`s a skiing hill on wich they are driving uphill. The Bmw 3 series was the worst, because it has too much power wich the simple all wheel drive system can`t handle in this situation. Also he has too less space between the ground and the car. The Lexus has too less power and grip and also as simple awd-system. The Volvo is better then the lexus because the power and grip is more balanced. The X5 is third best but no clever awd is his enemy. He has more space between the bottom and the car thatīs the reason why he comes farer than the 3 series. The Landcruiser was on second or third (i don`t remeber wether he was better or worse than X5) because he is too heavy and his all terrain wheels hove not enough grip in the snow and he has too less power. The audi wins, because of his extra stong turbo-engine and the high torque and the very intelligent quattro-system which leads the power always to the right wheel plus the right hight of the car makes him an unbeatable winner which climped up the complete ski track.

Greets

J0X
December 12th, 2004, 14:23
Well, each manufacturer probably knew what they were lending their cars to - hence probably chose tires suitable for that kind of driving OR each car came with the standard setup tires, which is more or less industry standard to go with "for all roads" if I'm not mistaken.

I know this isn't binding or whatever, and it doesn't really show which off road vehicle is the better allrounder, but I seriously doubt that the drivers were anything but similar in terms of skills and capability.

I would've wanted to see how a Subaru performed as well though.

Erik
December 12th, 2004, 15:42
Thanks! :applause:

Another source:

http://www.designbybond.se/temp/vergleichstest-allroad-quattro.avi

steve
December 12th, 2004, 16:15
J0X, I think the subaru wouldn't have got as high because of the limited ground clearance

Erik, look up for the same link:D

Erik
December 12th, 2004, 16:18
Originally posted by steve
Erik, look up for the same link:D

Hence the words "Another source" :rolleyes:

steve
December 12th, 2004, 16:22
Originally posted by steve
lol that's great:D

For al the people who say an Allroad isn't a real offroader! :thumb:

dl link: http://www.designbybond.se/temp/vergleichstest-allroad-quattro.avi

hehe:) :p

Nordschleife
December 12th, 2004, 16:37
I'd have more confidence in the translation, if the translator had not cofused "Nissan Patrol" with "Toyota Landcruiser". Two very different vehicles, (lol). The Lexus looks to be based on the POS 4Runner chassis, so not much competition there either.

Having lived high in the mountains, I can say that with the correct tyres the Diesel Landcruiser beats everything that isn't tracked or 6 wheeled. The Subarus do just as well as the Audis and the best value 4WD is the Lada Cossack, which makes everybody wonder why they spent so much money.

The 'hill' in this video is, I can see, used for night skiing, I would have a small bet that during the summer there is a road up the piste, its the shape of the land that suggests this.

Two years ago I was involved in a convoy of quattro cars going up a glacier for some filming, some of them were RS6s, some All Roads, it was the tyres that made it feasible. And having dealt with motoring journalists and television crews, I would have no confidence in the ability of any of the drivers, let alone their being of equal standards, the more cars on a shoot, the more likely the manufacturers have sent somebody along because the extra drivers are needed, Audi with several rally champions and alpine residents on tap has advantages in this area.

the tyres fitted for normal German winter conditions are not good in snow, in the Alps at night, too cold, not enough sipes for starters.

R+C

A418TQTip
December 12th, 2004, 18:54
Originally posted by Nordschleife
The Lexus looks to be based on the POS 4Runner chassis, so not much competition there either.

I remember reading that the Lexus is actually based on the previous gen Camry... :bigeyes: I wonder if the new one is based on the current gen Camry/ES330 as well... :rolleyes:

Erik
December 12th, 2004, 21:41
Is there anything that says there drivers were different? :confused:

J0X
December 12th, 2004, 22:06
Originally posted by Nordschleife
Having lived high in the mountains, I can say that with the correct tyres the Diesel Landcruiser beats everything that isn't tracked or 6 wheeled.

R+C

I second that. I was in a convoy of friends a few years back in St. Moritz, Switzerland going "uphill " (some would refer to it as a road - we didn't) towards a restaurant. We had one LC 100 Diesel, one A6 2.7T (non-Q!) and a Jetta TDi(Bora?).

Upon our arrival, we were 9 people crammed into the Toyota and the other two cars were stuck wa-ay down. We seriously entertained the possibility of going vertically. It's unbelievable.

itisme
December 13th, 2004, 10:20
Originally posted by Erik
Is there anything that says there drivers were different? :confused:

no...

and Iīm sorry, it was a nissan patrol, not a toyota landcruiser

the volov is only about 5m away from X5 i think that this is not bad

and they say that the nissan is in the middlefield so between volvo and lexus i gess
:)

LIRS6
December 15th, 2004, 16:53
I'm just getting graphics when trying to play the video via Windows Media player - what am I doing wrong? TIA

RS4Ever
December 15th, 2004, 19:46
Originally posted by LIRS6
I'm just getting graphics when trying to play the video via Windows Media player - what am I doing wrong? TIA

hey you might be missing a codec.. probably an audio codec.

try this .. its a great program..silly name.. its called "G-Spot" (it has a mona-lisa kind of icon)

you load a clip to this program and it tells you what audio and video codecs the clip uses and it tells you if you have them installed on your computer or not.

-good luck

LIRS6
December 16th, 2004, 22:30
Originally posted by RS4Ever
hey you might be missing a codec.. probably an audio codec.

try this .. its a great program..silly name.. its called "G-Spot" (it has a mona-lisa kind of icon)

you load a clip to this program and it tells you what audio and video codecs the clip uses and it tells you if you have them installed on your computer or not.

-good luck

I wish I understood what you are talking about - I'm a computer numbskull - but thanks