PDA

View Full Version : M heartache

M3 owner
December 10th, 2004, 07:14
After having my M3 badge brutally removed/stolen from the back of my car,FOR THE 3RD TIME,I decided 2 repair the rear boot & not bother replacing the badge.What would someone gain by stealing a badge & damaging the boot in the process ? What are they going 2 do w/ the badge ?
Yesterday I parked in the carpark of a shopping mall,admiring my car as I walked away from it,saying 2 myself, "At least I don't have 2 worry about some jerk badging my car anymore." Upon returning 2 my car I found that some jealous SOB had keyed both sides of the car,THE FULL LENGTH OF THE CAR. I was so upset I could have killed someone.
I would give all my possessions in exchange 4 the name & address of the jealous bastard that defaced my car.
Have u guys had any similar problems ?
I thought about not parking my car in public anymore,but that's not very practical. I thought about buying a second car & just driving the M3 for the experience but that's pointless. There's a RS6 sitting in a Audi dealership near my mates house, it's been sitting there for months & I am seriously considering trading the M3 for that discreet beast.
Do u think that I am kidding myself by thinking that the RS6 (minus the badges) will pass 4 just another Audi ? There doesn't seem 2 b that same jealousy towards Audi's as there is for Beamers & Mercs.
I am at my wits end.

freerider
December 10th, 2004, 13:05
I'm very sorry to hear that. I would be pissed as hell to. It's a very beautifull car and some people do get jealous, i know(not from experience, but i've seen it before).
There's a thread about the stealth factor of the rs6.
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3396&highlight=stealth
I personally think that it's more stealthy(?) than the m3, but still some people (read car fanatics) will recognise it.
But you're still lucky, because it can be worse.
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5553

Good luck in the future, hope you can enjoy whatever car you have without having to worry about those vandals.

Greetz Johan

Bingocaller
December 10th, 2004, 19:13
Originally posted by M3 owner
After having my M3 badge brutally removed/stolen from the back of my car,FOR THE 3RD TIME,I decided 2 repair the rear boot & not bother replacing the badge.What would someone gain by stealing a badge & damaging the boot in the process ? What are they going 2 do w/ the badge ?
Yesterday I parked in the carpark of a shopping mall,admiring my car as I walked away from it,saying 2 myself, "At least I don't have 2 worry about some jerk badging my car anymore." Upon returning 2 my car I found that some jealous SOB had keyed both sides of the car,THE FULL LENGTH OF THE CAR. I was so upset I could have killed someone.
I would give all my possessions in exchange 4 the name & address of the jealous bastard that defaced my car.
Have u guys had any similar problems ?
I thought about not parking my car in public anymore,but that's not very practical. I thought about buying a second car & just driving the M3 for the experience but that's pointless. There's a RS6 sitting in a Audi dealership near my mates house, it's been sitting there for months & I am seriously considering trading the M3 for that discreet beast.
Do u think that I am kidding myself by thinking that the RS6 (minus the badges) will pass 4 just another Audi ? There doesn't seem 2 b that same jealousy towards Audi's as there is for Beamers & Mercs.
I am at my wits end.

Have u tried using a magnet on the badge? The dumbfu... will steal your badge but not ruin your car :mech:

freerider
December 10th, 2004, 21:33
Or even better, you can take it off when you leave the car ;)

Greetz Johan