PDA

View Full Version : Erik, how was Spain

mikkers6
December 7th, 2004, 18:07
Erik,

so how did it go?? did you enjoy your time in Spain / Ronda? how was the road to Ronda ?

let us know how it went.....

Mikkers6 :incar:

Erik
December 8th, 2004, 22:29
Hi,

And thanks for your e-mail with all the information.

In short, stayed in Paradores in Ronda for 2 days. Very nice hotel. Raining most of the time :( Tried to enter Ascari but since I didn't have an appointment I couldn't enter. Went to Jerez but most (all?) of the Sherry Bodegas were closed.

Had a Renault Diesel 1.9 which was not so bad, a lot of torque was good on these roads. Perfect roads for a Ferrari! :race:
I expected the roads to be smaller and not in such good condition.

Went to Gibraltar which we enjoyed a lot! Much better than expetecd, but perhaps due to there was not so much tourists there. But the spanish custom is a joke! :nono: Waiting line of almost 1 hours to get out. :vgrumpy: They check every car... *sigh*

Some pics I found: http://pirmann.quuxuum.org/travel/iberian/gibraltar.html

Spent 2 days in Marbella, close to the beach. Went to Porte Banus to see the boats etc. :cool2:

I had expected the food to be better :rolleyes: and the service was usually very welcoming in the beginning but usually decayed during the meal. But I don't want to sound spoiled, I didn't go hungry...

In Marbella I had a lovely breakfast at a cafe close to the beach, great view and sunshince. Almost +20C, not bad for December and my birthday! In front of me there were 3 good looking ladies doing Yoga...

Overall a short, nice vacation. :thumb: