December 7th, 2004, 04:12
nene is this you?

http://www.anything-auto.net/EVENTS/CLUB_MEETS/11_28_MEET/bostoncruise_098.jpg

nene
December 7th, 2004, 19:18
That is me!

Aronis
December 8th, 2004, 13:26
How did you get away with the No Front License plate issue? Do you have old plates - ie grandfathered in......

I lived in NH for 5 years, and while returning from the Nashua BMW dealer with the plate mounts and the front plate on my front seat (and baby sleeping in the back) I was pulled over by a NH state trooper (who thought he caught Bin Ladin the way he pulled out of the side of the road)...

It was funny to show him the plate, mounting hardware and two day old registration for the car LOL....

I sent photos of every NH registered Corvette I could find and many Pickup Trucks with plows on the front as I could find to the NH state trooper barracks and asked the same question....how come these guys don't need front plates....LOL......

When I got my RS6 they thought I was crazy when I told them to put the front plate mount on it....

Mike

More Pics from BOSTON PLEASE.....

:)

nene
December 8th, 2004, 13:53
I'm suppose to use a front license plate. I'm taking my chances, and if I get stopped, most likely a ticket too.
I try to stay away from small towns. The police in small towns are a little too vicious for my taste.

I live close the the state house in Boston, and lots of state troopers usually there. I've caught them admiring the RS6 many times, but never left me a ticket for no front place. Sometimes I strike conversations with them too.

Aronis
December 8th, 2004, 14:50
Nene,

How do you deal with the Inner City Door Ding Issue/????

Any hits yet??

Mike

nene
December 8th, 2004, 19:00
I park it in a garage all the time. If I must part on the street, I make sure to find a spot large enough. Nothing tight, mostly because folks here use the bumpers of other cars to determine when to stop.

I do believe a cab door did scratch the car a little, but unnoticeable. But then again, most likely a stupid person for swinging the door so far. I was able to buff it out without any pain. No other door dings that I can confirm. Usually in lots I just part in a spot that is large or far away, but not in neverland sort of speak. You really have to just be careful. However, sooner or later they will get you.

I also believe a stupid SUV with tire attached to the outside of the trunk did break my grill. No damage anywhere else. I just bought a new grill, and now all fine.

Can't worry about it though. Otherwise I'll jinx myself.

Aronis
December 8th, 2004, 19:23
I was down in Stamford, CT, for a visit to old friends last spring, and had to park in a lot next to a MB and a Honda, I sweated that out...but luckily no ding....LOL...

Those SUV's can do a lot of damage!

Mike