PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wonderland

Benman
December 6th, 2004, 18:59
A couple of pics from the weekend. I know that winter tires are certainly better in the snow but my "summer only" did fine.

Benman
December 6th, 2004, 19:00
another:

Benman
December 6th, 2004, 19:01
Last one. Apologies if the pics appear on the week side but by the time I'm done resizing them to fit the limit (have no idea how nene does it) they lose quite a bit of quality.

Aronis
December 6th, 2004, 19:10
Originally posted by Benman
Last one. Apologies if the pics appear on the week side but by the time I'm done resizing them to fit the limit (have no idea how nene does it) they lose quite a bit of quality.

YOU'RE TELLING ME.....

I have the same issue.....I'll figure it out if it kills me....LOL....

Nene keeps it a SECRET!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Mike

RS4Ever
December 6th, 2004, 19:29
very cool pics Benman.

they go good with the story of all the other cars (RWD) that have a difficult time in conditions like those.

....... "and then there was quattro...." :0:

BTW, i sent you a PM .

Klint
December 7th, 2004, 00:31
Great pics, Ben!

Benman
December 7th, 2004, 00:39
Thanks for the comments.

This one reminds me of the Audi commercial where the glowing spheres are floating around. Camera flash reflecting off the falling snow.

Klint
December 7th, 2004, 00:42
Ben,

You should flex you photography skills by finding the right location...like loads of trees besides a road....you get the idea, to add to the affect, snap a branch (preferably with lots of leaves) off a tree and cover up your tyre tracks and foot prints... :thumb:

Aronis
December 7th, 2004, 12:59
Originally posted by Klint
Ben,

You should flex you photography skills by finding the right location...like loads of trees besides a road....you get the idea, to add to the affect, snap a branch (preferably with lots of leaves) off a tree and cover up your tyre tracks and foot prints... :thumb:

Or better, just use Photoshop and wipe the tracks away without getting dirty. LOL

:bye:

Benman
December 7th, 2004, 17:06
Ahhh... you mean like this: (The foot prints were to show the parents that there was some snow still on the road BTW:D ):

Finnus
December 8th, 2004, 13:10
Ben,

Nice pics! What tires are you riding on? I got caught in packed snow last winter on my P-zeroes on a very windy road near Utica, NY and it was a "white nuckle" affair.

Finnus
:addict:

Bauer
December 8th, 2004, 15:01
Nice shots Ben!!! Have not been to the snow in the RS6 but have in our S8....on Pilot Sports.....you can do it but it can be a bit scary. Now have a winter set for the S8.

BTW. where were you? Mammoth?

Benman
December 8th, 2004, 16:58
Hey guys,

Those happened to be the Pilot Sports. I've also been in snow on the P Zeros (which I feel are a little better IMHO). To be sure full winter tires would be better but I thought these weren't too shabby for "summer" tires.

As for location, the family and I headed up to Big Bear. The pics were taking up close by Snow Valley.:cheers:

Ben:incar: