PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels

Miami RS6
December 4th, 2004, 20:33
finally got them...20" HRE 545R with painted centers....what do you think?

Aronis
December 4th, 2004, 21:49
Very nice..

How is the ride with such low profile tires???

Any problems with rubbing in the fender wells?

How Much?

Mike

audirs6sport
December 5th, 2004, 04:25
Kool. Should have got the 840 series. Top of the line hre wheels for top for the line a6 :D Did you get a set of new h&r springs or new coilovers?

nene
December 5th, 2004, 14:11
That is beautiful.

We need more pix. What suspension are you running. What are all the correct specs of the wheels (width, offset)?
Real awesome.

RS4Ever
December 5th, 2004, 16:41
Originally posted by Miami RS6
finally got them...20" HRE 545R with painted centers....what do you think?

awsome pic.:0:
beautiful!
the silver lining in the rim balances with the silver mirror and the chrome around the windows. imagine that beast passing right in front of you at night as your head lights are shinning on it... the sliver linnings is what you will see.
very nice.
:love:

more pics please!

Benman
December 6th, 2004, 16:56
Well any stealth factor that red RS 6 had left went right out the window!:D

Ben:addict: All colors, All good!

SR Stealther
December 6th, 2004, 19:03
This car is incredible!:eek:

The colour of the car featuring the rims painted the same colour, it looks unusual, but veeeery hot!

I like it, powerful cars need powerful colours!:rs6kiss:

At least no silver understatement RS6

trex
December 6th, 2004, 21:08
what is the difference between HRE 540R & 540
BTW your car looks very sexy :)

noushy
December 7th, 2004, 20:17
For those that ask, the R series wheels have a reverse drop center, so that the lip is flat. The standard 540 series have a front drop center (like the stock wheels). This makes the front lip have a buldge towards where it attaches to the centers. The R series look cool with a flat lip but have one major downside. They trap water between the centers and the reverse buldge and this causes the car to shake in heavy rain. I have a set of 449R painted black for my wife's S6 Avant. Her only complaint is the horrible shaking in the rain. I purchased 547 wheels with high polish for my RS6, and decided against the drop centers. I choose 19 inch for my car and 18 for my wife. It is a compromise with the horrible michigan roads.

Noushy

Miami RS6
December 7th, 2004, 21:09
Thanks for the compliments......
the ride is a little more harsh than stock but the look is alot more aggressive, for me, the trade-off is worth it.
I installed H&R springs only and have no issues with rubbing. I paid $7,500 for the wheels and tires.
By the way....car is for sale if anyone is interested...only 2,900 miles.

trex
December 7th, 2004, 23:26
Originally posted by noushy
For those that ask, the R series wheels have a reverse drop center, so that the lip is flat. The standard 540 series have a front drop center (like the stock wheels). This makes the front lip have a buldge towards where it attaches to the centers. The R series look cool with a flat lip but have one major downside. They trap water between the centers and the reverse buldge and this causes the car to shake in heavy rain. I have a set of 449R painted black for my wife's S6 Avant. Her only complaint is the horrible shaking in the rain. I purchased 547 wheels with high polish for my RS6, and decided against the drop centers. I choose 19 inch for my car and 18 for my wife. It is a compromise with the horrible michigan roads.

Noushy

thanks mate im willing to get 20'' for my ride but cannot decide which one to get!!

the 549:
http://images2.hrewheels.com/wheels/images/enlarge/enlarge-549.jpg

or 540:
http://images2.hrewheels.com/wheels/images/enlarge/enlarge-540.jpg

audirs6sport
December 8th, 2004, 00:37
In addition, the reverse lips also have another downside. They bend more easily due to the lack of support, especially when you have big lips on the wheels. I strongly recommend looking into 840R series rather than 540's. The hidden bolt construction looks much cleaner on any audis. :)

SR Stealther
December 8th, 2004, 06:25
I think the 549īs fit the RS6 much better, the spoke design is more exclusive, while the 540īs are more sportive!

RS4Ever
December 8th, 2004, 07:06
personally, i would go with the 540 style.

good luck

RS4Ever
December 8th, 2004, 07:14
Originally posted by Miami RS6
Thanks for the compliments......
the ride is a little more harsh than stock but the look is alot more aggressive, for me, the trade-off is worth it.
I installed H&R springs only and have no issues with rubbing. I paid $7,500 for the wheels and tires.
By the way....car is for sale if anyone is interested...only 2,900 miles.

interesting reply... however, not to sound rude or anything, but i think i speak for everyone here when I say... more pics please. :hahahehe: