PDA

View Full Version : pics are real RS4's; RS4 article

rks838
December 3rd, 2004, 22:55
http://www.autorevue.cz/Images/4014/11.jpg

This black testing mule is definitely a real RS4. The headlight and taillight "eyelids," the black-out grille, and blacked-out mirrors show that Audi is trying to hide the car's true identity. As other people have pointed out, the presence of wider fenders, modified front fascia, oval tailpipes, RS6 19-inch wheels, honeycomb grille and Recaro seats (from another pic) all point to it being an RS4, except for the interesting license plate "KE J964". There's been doubt as to whether this is an Abt A4, but here's the clincher. On pg. 40 of CAR magazine, the same car as in the picture above, w/ license "KE J964", is caught on the streets around the Nurburgring. In the pic, the "RS" badge is peeking out from behind the wheels. This should eliminate any doubt as to whether the car is an RS4 or not.

http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos/6041115.001/6041115.001.1M.jpg

The blue car is also an RS4. Look closely below the front grille, and there are two tiny blue bars below the "E" and the "T" of the license plate. Look even closer on the black car and these two bars are also present. If the black car is an RS4, the blue is also an RS4.

CAR magazine article: “With the RS4 only months away, Audi is making little attempt to disguise its flagship A4. Honeycomb mesh packs out the facelifted car’s single-frame grille and deep new front splitter. Twin radiators, as used on the current RS6 Plus, lurk behind.
Five-spoke RS alloys fill out the flared wheel arches, and enlarged side sills and twin oval tailpipes complete the makeover.
Whereas the last RS4 had a twin-turbo V6, the new car runs a revised version of the s4’s 344bhp 4.2-litre V8. The engine has been overhauled and its redline raised, cranking up peak power to 420bhp. The next S6 will adopt the same engine.
As with the Mkl RS4, power is sent to all four wheels via a six-speed manual transmission. This time, however, the car is available as a four-door – like the car pictured – as well as the traditional Avant.
FACTS
Engine: 4.2 V8, 420bhp
Transmission: 6spd manual, Quattro
On sale: 2005”

RS4Ever
December 4th, 2004, 07:46
great... thanks.

its nice to see that we are getting closer all the time.

i would really want (more like need) to see one in the flesh here in the states. :MTM:

rks838
December 5th, 2004, 17:26
Yea I wonder when it's coming to the U.S. Edmunds.com actually had it for summer '04 in their "Future Cars" section, but then switched it to summer '05. But they're not updated at all - they're still saying it'll have a twin-turbo V6, and their spy picture is of an A4 1.8T w/ the Ultra Sport package.

Benman
December 6th, 2004, 16:59
Originally posted by rks838
Yea I wonder when it's coming to the U.S. Edmunds.com actually had it for summer '04 in their "Future Cars" section, but then switched it to summer '05. But they're not updated at all - they're still saying it'll have a twin-turbo V6, and their spy picture is of an A4 1.8T w/ the Ultra Sport package.
They're way off. It would be late 06 at best case.

Audihead
December 7th, 2004, 05:15
Benman is right. We usually get the goods @ a year after the rest of the world. It sucks, but it's true.

:s4addict:

rks838
December 8th, 2004, 01:22
On that note (I know it's not the thread topic), any news on the next RS6's release date?

Audihead
December 8th, 2004, 17:39
On that note (I know it's not the thread topic), any news on the next RS6's release date?

According to product life cycles it should be at the end of the run of the C7 A6. So most likely not til sometime in '07 or '08 is my guess. Hopefully sooner, we may just be surpised, but i doubt it. Tailpipe or Nordo seem to have a line on these things, try dropping them a PM.

rks838
January 18th, 2005, 16:39
I've been reading 2007 from other threads...too long...ugh

Benman
January 18th, 2005, 18:44
I've been reading 2007 from other threads...too long...ugh
Hang in there, you have an RS 6 to bide the time:D

Ben:addict:

M3 owner
January 21st, 2005, 07:14
Hello everyone !
I've just come back from a holiday 2 the US.While I was there I purchased the Feb 2005 issue of Sport Compact Car.
Well,they have the same photo as above in that issue (a black Audi at Nurburgring) but they r saying that,that Audi is in fact the 2006 Audi S4 NOT the new RS4.
The 2006 S4 features19 inch tyres,a rumoured 5.0 Litre V8 boosting output from 340HP to 400 HP !!!!!!!
They also claim that the S4 will have a 7 speed version of tiptronic auto transmission.
So what do u think of that ? I don't believe it either & I am suffering from Jet lag.
Have great day guys,I am off 2 bed.
M3 driver
P.S I test drove the RS6 b4 i went o/s.....I'll type more about that 2morrow.

5000S old skool
January 21st, 2005, 13:55
Man, sport compact car is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off. They should stick to civics and golfs. where did they get the 5.0L V8 from? Gee, they are just making stuff up. 7 speed tiptronic? LOL they are gettin confused with 7 speed DSG which will be on the RS4 only.

Finnus
January 21st, 2005, 16:38
rumoured 5.0 Litre V8 boosting output from 340HP to 400 HP

"Rumored" is the operative word here. Why would they put 400 hp in the S4 vs. 420 in the new RS4? That doesn't seem enough of a difference to me.

Finnus
:addict:

RS4Ever
January 24th, 2005, 01:45
Originally posted by M3 owner
Hello everyone !
I've just come back from a holiday 2 the US.While I was there I purchased the Feb 2005 issue of Sport Compact Car.
Well,they have the same photo as above in that issue (a black Audi at Nurburgring) but they r saying that,that Audi is in fact the 2006 Audi S4 NOT the new RS4.
The 2006 S4 features19 inch tyres,a rumoured 5.0 Litre V8 boosting output from 340HP to 400 HP !!!!!!!
They also claim that the S4 will have a 7 speed version of tiptronic auto transmission.
So what do u think of that ? I don't believe it either & I am suffering from Jet lag.
Have great day guys,I am off 2 bed.
M3 driver
P.S I test drove the RS6 b4 i went o/s.....I'll type more about that 2morrow.

$h!t man... if they are that off.. i'd ask for my money back and i'd spit in their face.. i wouldnt really.. but now i know to never buy that magazine.

what idiots. b7 tech specs have already been out... and has already been test driven... and is now in car shows with specs saying that its still a 4.2 with 340 bhp.

kujo
January 24th, 2005, 03:53
That is odd.
I get Sport Compact Car.
Just read the new issue 3 days ago.

doesn't have anything about the RS4 in it.
No photos or text !!!

kj:rs4kiss:

sebdtc
January 24th, 2005, 07:54
Hi everyone,

i was at my local dealer last week, to test drive the brand new S4, awesome btw :s4addict:
And he said me that they had a meeting 3 days earlier, and apparently the RS4 won't be in geneva as expected. He also said that the updated released dates are spring 2006 and september 2006 for the avant. But i've doubts on that because that would be very late.
Wait and see guys, only time will give us the truth.

Seb

tailpipe
January 24th, 2005, 11:01
Why don't you bet your dealer the price of a new RS4 that it won't be at Geneva? I would.

He's telling you that it won't be there because of its delayed arrival in USA - due to adverse currencies - so that he can sell you an S4 instead.

sebdtc
January 24th, 2005, 11:06
I agree with you, i have big doubts on what he said. And i won't buy him an S4 for the moment, i will wait a couple of months to see if the RS4 can be ordered and when the engine will be replaced in the S4 and for how much more ...

Seb

RS4Ever
January 24th, 2005, 18:27
Originally posted by sebdtc
Hi everyone,

i was at my local dealer last week, to test drive the brand new S4, awesome btw :s4addict:
And he said me that they had a meeting 3 days earlier, and apparently the RS4 won't be in geneva as expected. He also said that the updated released dates are spring 2006 and september 2006 for the avant. But i've doubts on that because that would be very late.
Wait and see guys, only time will give us the truth.

Seb

Hey Seb,

How is the overall look of the new S4 in person with the new grill and tail? from what i've seen so far (pics only) i like it.

im a huge fan of the:s4addict: .. and i've been waiting for the facelifted B7 for a lonnnnng time.. but now you guys are saying that it might be better to wait for the 4.2 FSI.

so now they are building the FSI engines (This current january or jan2006?)... but when is the car (S4 B8?) due (US) ??

oh my g:rolleyes:d

im assuming the FSI will also have the DSG?

kujo
January 25th, 2005, 06:46
DSG isn't slated to come out in the high HP/torque motor until the Porsche / Audi's of 2008.

The tranny can't handle the HP/Torque and is being developed for the higher end motors now.

But, we won't see any on the high end until model year 2008.

kj

sebdtc
January 25th, 2005, 07:15
Hi,

the facelifted S4 looks purely awesome :s4addict:
The frontend is far more agressive than the previous, and the little spoilers are great. And i completely love the new back with those new taillights and those 4 mean tailpipes :MTM:
I've seen the B7 and the B6 side by side, and you have the impression of a complete different car, very sportly. In short, you will love it, believe me :heart:
As you i wanted the FSI, a modern look, and the DSG. For the last one we won't see it until a long time, but the other features are in front of the door !

I can't wait to have the official info for the release date

Seb

RS4Ever
January 25th, 2005, 08:48
thanks kujo and seb.

----------------------------------------------------
:vhmmm: so is this how it goes: ?:confused:

B7 S4 4.2 V8 due in US after B7 A4 arrives in march (2005), both as a 2006 model

B8 S4 4.2 V8 FSI due , a year after?

B9 We might possibly see the DSG?

----------------------------------------------------------
hey kujo,

im assuming since you mentioned the gass guzzler tax earlier that you have a manual S4... how often do you visit the pump?

there is a lot of traffic here in atlanta, however.. im more leaning towards a manual... it just seems like it would be more fun with the S4.

Good luck with the RS4 ... Avus Silver looks real nice.

btw, is the European "Avus Silver" = to "Phantom Black" (possibly for US?) ?

here is why i ask...
The Full Reveiw We All Saw/Read Before the B7 S4 was at the Car Shows (http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2040906.006/page/15/lang/eng/audi/1.html)
"The new S4, like the other S models, can be ordered in a choice of exclusively available paint finishes: Imola Yellow, Brilliant Red, Sprint Blue, pearl effect and Deep Green, pearl effect. The S4 can also be ordered in Brilliant Black, in the metallic colours Silver or Dolphin Grey and in Phantom Black or Moro Blue, both with pearl effect. "

Brilliant Black
Dolphin Grey
and
Phantom Black (Just Checking with you guys, but this is new right?)

thanks. :asian:

RS4Ever
January 25th, 2005, 08:54
Hi,

the facelifted S4 looks purely awesome :s4addict:
The frontend is far more agressive than the previous, and the little spoilers are great. And i completely love the new back with those new taillights and those 4 mean tailpipes :MTM:
I've seen the B7 and the B6 side by side, and you have the impression of a complete different car, very sportly. In short, you will love it, believe me :heart:
As you i wanted the FSI, a modern look, and the DSG. For the last one we won't see it until a long time, but the other features are in front of the door !

I can't wait to have the official info for the release date

Seb

stop it man!!:(
i cant take it.

actually, im happy you got into those details... i cant wait. from what you said it should definately be something :love:

thanks,
Leo

sebdtc
January 25th, 2005, 09:06
I don't knoe for the US, but here in europe, it think it will be more sth like that :

B7 FSI in the middle of the year (To be confirmed)
B8 FSI DSG in 2 or 3 years

Seb

RS4Ever
January 25th, 2005, 17:52
I don't knoe for the US, but here in europe, it think it will be more sth like that :

B7 FSI in the middle of the year (To be confirmed)
B8 FSI DSG in 2 or 3 years

Seb

hey seb,

just to get things straight... when you say "middle of the year" do you mean 2005?

M3 owner
February 7th, 2005, 09:13
I forgotten 2 mention that the article claims that the 2006 S4 will b released this Spring.
A Australian Car Mag has predicted that RS4 will run a TT version of the S4’s 4.2 L V8,developing 300KW.This Mag has a pretty good record when it comes 2 guessing the stats of future models but then again..Audi has a pretty good record of keeping their cards close 2 their chest.Ultimately,it’s ALL speculation until the RS4 is officially released.
Kujo,SPC Feb 2005,vol 17 no.02 page 38.The mag shows the same photos above ( A black Audi) but claims it is the new S4 not the RS4.
I can scan the article if u think I'm full of u know what.
I'm gonna post some info on the up & coming S6,RS6 & S8 on the RS6 link so have a read & express ur views on those facts & figures as well.
Take care guys

gjg
February 7th, 2005, 10:51
A Australian Car Mag has predicted that RS4 will run a TT version of the S4’s 4.2 L V8,developing 300KW.This Mag has a pretty good record when it comes 2 guessing the stats of future models

wonder how they going to fit that tt V8 engine in that chasis :vhmmm:

Audihead
February 7th, 2005, 20:25
Originally posted by gjg
wonder how they going to fit that tt V8 engine in that chasis :vhmmm:

They won't, can't.

M3 owner
February 7th, 2005, 20:53
I don't know mate,I am not saying it's gonna b a V8TT,I am just passing on what I read.
I am desperate 2 sell my car,I can't afford a RS6 but i could afford the cheaper RS4...But i will not buy the RS4 if it's not turbocharged.

Audihead
February 7th, 2005, 22:24
I would say keep your car until you can afford the used RS6, because the next RS4 will be N/A, almost positive about that. Maybe the B8 version will go back to being pressurised but for now i don't think it will come to pass on the B7.

rks838
February 8th, 2005, 00:19
M3 owner, look at the pictures + article of the first post of the thread and compare to the black S4/RS4 in your magazine - you can find out whether it's the RS4 by looking very closely, if your mag's picture is that detailed.

M3 owner
February 12th, 2005, 08:17
Rks838, the pictures r of the same Audi..It IS the RS4. But, whether it is a S4 / RS4 is irrelevant.I just thought it was stupid that SCC claimed that it was the 2006 S4 w/ 400 HP.2 b honest,I was pretty excited as well…I was hoping it was true because I grow more & more desperate 2 sell my car everyday.
I am sick & tired of my car getting badged,scratched,having morons in WRX’s drive right up my backside trying 2 prove that their piece of crap is faster then mine,having morons in M3’s try & race me in a identical car..Sheesh !
Besides,every second car on the roads is a M3,I like 2 drive cars no one else has.
Audihead,I don’t buy 2nd hand cars.
The RS4 probably wont arrive down here until maybe late this year/early nxt year.
I can’t wait that long,I want 2 get rid of my car b4 the new 3 series is launched in Oz (June/July)
I am seriously looking at buying a C55 AMG or CLK 55 AMG…BADGLESS!!!!!
Looks like this will b the 2nd time I will b denied an Audi.
I am losing sleep over this guys...No joke.

rks838
February 13th, 2005, 04:50
Oh boy, no no no - maybe you're not looking for extreme amounts of this, but when you try to push the handling on those cars, the suspension simply flops on you. They're very powerful though...wouldn't be a bad choice at all

Audihead
February 14th, 2005, 18:16
If you can't wait get the C55 AMG. Great ride! Good luck, i don't buy used cars either. Just trying to help.