PDA

View Full Version : what to buy?

minimoto
December 3rd, 2004, 11:25
help please

i've just sold my rs4 as the miles were starting to build up and am now looking for a new motor. i really liked the rs4 but am in 2 minds whether to go for rs6 avant. i've got around £45k waiting to be spent, but can find more for the right car. is the rs6 better than the rs4? any help appreciated
thanks
julian

minimoto
December 3rd, 2004, 11:26
ps its only got to do me till my lemans arrives.

nene
December 3rd, 2004, 14:11
Both RS4 and RS6 are great vehicles to own. You can go wrong with either. The only real difference in my mind is size. Both are extremely fun to drive I'm sure, but the RS6 is larger.

Either way, you should be fine.

JAXRS6
December 3rd, 2004, 14:49
http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/9803.phtml

Bauer
December 3rd, 2004, 15:41
I have never owned an RS4 but I recently bought a S4 that is heavily modified (350 whp). I can tell you both cars are great just very different IMO. The RS6 is extremly competent car and a blast to drive. It is really amazing how well the car handels for how big it is. The DRC works very well on the street but on the track it has some quirks in multiple transition situations. The RS6 is very easy to drive fast....I find my self going 20mph faster then I think I am. I assume you will be getting the Recaros which we did not get here. The US seats are the only complaint I have about the cars comfort...they really suck for a 90k car. The exhaust tone (I have sound enhancing) is wonderfull.....everytime I floor it I get a huge grin on my face. It is not as tossable as the S4 for obvious reasons but very fun nontheless. It would be hard for me to choose between the two since in my mind they are so different....I guess if I had to I would take the RS6 because it is a great combo package. But I do love the S4.

Good luck

7:53 RS6
December 3rd, 2004, 21:10
I had a few stock RS4 before and did drive all at tracks.
Now driving RS6 also on track.

Both cars are heavy but RS6 DRC make good things whit the steering and the RS6 do not understeear as much as RS4 even RS6 is hevier.

The fackt is that RS6 feels a bit moore direkt at steering thanks to DRC and RS6 is also more fun to powerslide cuse of DRC.

Sure you can have the sportsuspension on RS4 but its not something I have tried and can fore that reason not talk about how it improve handeling of RS4.

And the automatic in RS6 works relly good in s mode and in my mind ther is no gain in using paddels around track. May save some friction of pads but not gaining time. In street driving I shift down some whit paddels.

I never use the padels to change gears on track its just a fun gismo the first days. Its not like its a SMG box that for exampel allows you to let the rpm neadel play at redmark whit out changing gears.
I been driving some tracks whit RS6 and have never really been botherd by it being atomatic. Sure at some spots.

As been said the sound is the first time you start up the car and drive some thing speciall in RS6. The RS6 feels moore high end but they are almost twins when it comes to speeds. But sure the RS4 is leaving money left in your pocket beeing cheeper.

I would go for RS6 whit sport suspension and ovals:thumb:

Ps. the gearbox of RS4 is so far from being sporty and exact but still its doing its jobb good. Ds

Benman
December 6th, 2004, 16:47
Originally posted by minimoto
ps its only got to do me till my lemans arrives.
Unless it's absolutely neccesary to blow the money you could just stick with the RS 4 until said time. Otherwise RS 6 if you want more room, RS 4 if you want nimbler car.