PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Parts

LLOYD909X
November 30th, 2004, 15:36
:addict: Can anyone help me source RS6 parts. I require engine, gearbox, possibly rear 1/4 panels from front damaed vehicle, interior, front and rear bumpers. Maybe someone somewhere has crashed one and is looking to sell parts. info@lloydash.co.uk

JAXRS6
November 30th, 2004, 17:03
A friend who should know quoted a replacement price for the RS6 engine as $46K US, and these cars are rare enough that finding a used replacement engine could be very difficult. :looking:

Where are you? Country, at least...and if a big country, what part? Even if shipping costs would not be a major issue, consideration needs to be given to the fact that, for example, RS6s in Europe have Recaro seats while those in the US do not. To help, we need to know which interior you are seeking.

Are you trying to salvage an RS6?

LLOYD909X
November 30th, 2004, 17:32
im in england, and need the recaro style seats. Maybe someone somewhere is breaking one?

gjg
November 30th, 2004, 21:50
A friend who should know quoted a replacement price for the RS6 engine as $46K US,

engine block (complete excl. head and turbos) at going exchange rate in June was approx. $11k - this was a price quoted for replacement on my ex-rs6 damaged while in for service

gg

gjg
November 30th, 2004, 21:52
I've forgot - this is excluding VAT (19%) ...... how could I forget the death and taxman ...

sturs6
December 1st, 2004, 00:55
Are you trying to build an RS6 or did you tear one into a million pieces and now need to rebuild it?

JAXRS6
December 1st, 2004, 00:57
Even with the VAT there's a big diffference between your figures and mine, gig. So I'll ask my dealer when I go in next week.

gjg
December 1st, 2004, 06:51
JAX, I may get my hands on the quote ... the engine was damaged by running over high curb and basically stripped down.

$46k seems bit high - perhaps including tranny and everything else?

danham
December 1st, 2004, 08:06
hello,

maybe i can help with a complete car in parts! it is an europe version incl. all body-parts and so on!
only missing thinks: esp-electronic and airbag in steeringwheel!

please mail me if your are interessted to info@dh-exclusiv.de incl. your opinion about price!

greetz
daniel

JAXRS6
December 3rd, 2004, 03:57
I had some time to kill today at my Florida dealer, so I asked a Parts guy for engine & tranny price info for the RS6. Here's what he came up with -- and please note everything here is US. I don't know how much prices vary elsewhere, or what happens to the VIN elsewhere; also this DOES NOT INCLUDE LABOR:
----------------------------------------
short engine with crankshaft, pistons, oil pump and oil sump, 4.2 ltr, 331/3534KW

For Part No. >077 100 103 T, new, VIN up to 905 000, $9,909.47

For Part No. #077 100 103 TX, rebuilt, VIN up to 905 000, $7,925.69 (plus core charge of $1335 when applicable; core charge applies when no corresponding used part is turned in)

For Part No. 077 100 104 D, new, VIN from 905 001 on up, $14,358.95 (no used available for this later series)
-----------------------------------------

Once you determine which "short engine" applies, there are other possible costs depending on what is needed:

Cylinder Head, two per engine, $3626.95 each (or $7,253.90 for both)

Turbos, two per engine, $1708 each (or $3416 for both); or $1545 rebuilt (plus $400 core charge each, if applicable)
------------------------------------------
SOOO...total cost for an engine, no labor, figures out to a range of $20,253.37 for a rebuilt engine + cylinder heads + rebuilt turbos ... to $25,028.85 for the later, pricier engine, new, + cylinder heads + new turbos.
:mech:
Finally, the price they gave me for a tranny was $6,555.34 new and $5,142.06 rebuilt (plus $2000 core charge when applicable).

Overall these came out less than I expected, but they might be very deceiving because they don't include labor. I may ask the labor cost question when I return tomorrow, but even this stuff took a while for them to find :idea: and I didn't want to be too demanding since I have no practical need for this data & hope I never will!:thumb:

Another question I may ask is why there's a more expensive, later series engine. The only thing I can think of for that would be the RS6 Plus, but since it's not sold in the US I don't know why it would show up on a US part list. So I'll ask.

gjg
December 3rd, 2004, 07:25
For Part No. 077 100 104 D, new, VIN from 905 001 on up,

yes, this is the one. Of course being four hours from the factory makes the difference in price (shipping, customs, etc.).

gg

gjg
December 3rd, 2004, 07:28
Another question I may ask is why there's a more expensive, later series engine. The only thing I can think of for that would be the RS6 Plus, but since it's not sold in the US I don't know why it would show up on a US part list.

this is not VIN number for Plus - the + numbers are 999 xxx as produced.

:deal: :thumb:

JAXRS6
December 4th, 2004, 06:33
Originally posted by JAXRS6
I may ask the labor cost question when I return tomorrow

The answer given wasn't specific or official, but two service writers & a tech estimated 25-30 hours to change an engine...15-16 hours for a tranny, and about the same for turbos. Apparently the engine & tranny have to be dropped down & out, even for a turbo swap. Labor rate at my Gulf Coast Florida dealer is $92.63/hr, so I just add a couple of zeros to the hours given in order to determine a dollar estimate.

The same three guys also offered that chipping poses more of a risk to the tranny and turbos than it does to the engine. This is a mod-friendly dealer in that they will actually install some chips, e.g. MTM and APR. One guy also mentioned those two plus Revo as being preferred because their performance parameters are less threatening.

The question about why there's a later & more expensive engine series was not answered by dealer guys, who agreed it's a good question for my AOA owner advocate. So, I'll try to get that one answered next week.

JP4
December 4th, 2004, 15:02
That's good and interesting info Jax....thanks!

Aronis
December 4th, 2004, 22:02
Kewl,

My car is in the 905 001 and up group with the "better" engine LOL.. (who knows mayb its a cheaper engine LOL)

I wonder what the true difference is?

Mike