PDA

View Full Version : A4 DTM road Legal

fastdrive
November 26th, 2004, 14:00
Whit a special edtion of the new A4,Audi celebrates the this year's successes in the DTM.
article and photos
http://www.fastdrive.org/news.php?extend.275

Nordschleife
November 27th, 2004, 18:52
please do not exaggerate - this car has NOTHING to do with the DTM cars, it is a cynical marketing exercise. Its a 2 litre FSI with some rather pointless styling features.
R+C

fastdrive
November 27th, 2004, 18:57
also for me is not relly great car,i prefer a milion of time the last rs4 avant...
:rs4addict

CarbonFibre
November 28th, 2004, 12:54
Yeah not exactly just a strassenversion of a German race car like the Porsche GT1 or BMW M3 V8 GTR were.

RacerBice
February 22nd, 2005, 12:42
Originally posted by Nordschleife
please do not exaggerate - this car has NOTHING to do with the DTM cars, it is a cynical marketing exercise. Its a 2 litre FSI with some rather pointless styling features.
R+C

Sorry for picking up this slightly old thread again, but "cynical marketing exercise"?! Would the shareholders of any respectable firm tolerate failure by the management to capitalise on a success such as the DTM victory? In trying to do so, Audi would of course not want to interfere with its own S- and RS-ranges, and in my eyes this model therefor makes a lot of sense. I have actually had the opportunity to see the first pre-series car, and even sit down in it. Having done so, and looked at it in close detail, I can honestly say that no pictures released so far do justice to the car's exterior. Above all, the interior is simply fabulous, with Recaro seats all around, carbon fibre inserts, Alcantara on seats, doors panels, steering wheel, gear shifter and hand-brake lever, and silver seams on all leather trim. With some extra power and torque (220 HP/300 Nm) as compared to the regular 2,0T (200 HP/280Nm), modified exhausts, S-line chassis, 18 inch OZ wheels, Xenon lights, and the DTM body works, I would even go so far as to say that this is quite good value for the money.

Of course, though, I wish I could afford the new RS4, but....well....

Benman
February 22nd, 2005, 15:44
I think Nordschleife was going after the " should of done this to a RS 4 or something".

Now that's a cool idea. An RS 4 DTM Edition. Maybe a limited run of 300 cars and a $125K sticker? Well, what do you say Audi. :D

Ben:addict:

Erik
June 28th, 2005, 21:28
http://www.autometrix.co.uk/pics/ADpreviews/jun05/a4dtm.jpg