PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel brake lines

SpinEcho
November 24th, 2004, 03:01
Has anyone switched to stainless steel brake lines with the OEM brakes? The pedal is surprisingly mushy considering the fixed front calipers. Maybe the problem lies elsewhere...?

Erik
November 24th, 2004, 10:54
8:29 RS6 has that setup. :thumb:

7:53 RS6
November 24th, 2004, 12:36
Originally posted by SpinEcho
Has anyone switched to stainless steel brake lines with the OEM brakes? The pedal is surprisingly mushy considering the fixed front calipers. Maybe the problem lies elsewhere...?

Eco I have steel line.
And its feels good/safe to have them when going at it inspierd and thats my main reason to have it on as well.

But the feeling as I feel it is not a big diffrense from stock line if I only have in mind thinking of the pedal feel in normal driving, but In my case its for sure not a softer feel in pedal than before. Slightly stiffer but not a big diffrens. But It feels even more stiffer feel in pedal when using the harder pads as well.

I think all 3 things as steel lines, better pads than stock and better oil makes the car a bit more up to the task.

PS. for they who havent changed lines and want to do so just for the feel in pedal in normal driving.......dont change you hardly feel it. DS

Erik
November 24th, 2004, 14:09
8:29 RS6, didn't you change the oil as well?

What do you use?

7:53 RS6
November 24th, 2004, 15:36
Originally posted by Erik
8:29 RS6, didn't you change the oil as well?

What do you use?

Motul!

SpinEcho
November 25th, 2004, 01:19
Thanks for the responses!

kreggin
November 25th, 2004, 03:06
I put Stoptech lines on my 2001 TTR with Motul fluid. Firms up the pedal and to my feel makes modulation easier. I freind with the full up Stoptech conversion gets a much "stiffer" feel. I'm thinking the pads do play some role in how it feels.
I've been considering a line and fluid upgrade as well for the RS6 - glad to see the posts here.