November 17th, 2004, 19:25
Pics of Infineon Audi Club event.

Pic of Lotus and TT Porsche

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:25
Inside

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:27
A wide body A4 Shell. A bit much for my taste but I bet you could sure fit some big shoes on it.

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:29
Rear

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:30
A very clean Sport Quattro:bow:

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:31
more Sport quattro

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:32
Sport quattro engine bay....me likey:0:

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:33
Carbon fiber fan cover...it the little details that make it special:D

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:40
Another S4....putting down 405 whp on a MAHA on 104 gas. This guy was fast on the track. He was stripping out the interior and currently has the car down to 3200lbs with a half a tank of gas.

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:41
another pic

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:47
Pic of my S4 and my wife S8

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:48
front shot

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:49
95 S6 Avant engine bay

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:51
90 body style with a heavily modified motor putting down a reported 425 whp on race gas.

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 19:52
and one of the two STaSIS A4 race cars.

iconcls
November 17th, 2004, 20:01
Nice pictures, thanks.

How 'bout some details, how did your new S4 do, how did some of the RS 6's do, any video?

7:53 RS6
November 17th, 2004, 20:17
Love the white clean sport quattro.

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 21:06
I have some video but have NO IDEA on how to get it on the board. I have to first get it off my camera on to my computer....working on that.

As for how the S4 did. Well the first run the car was a bit of a hand full as we had not dialed in the suspension properly. talked with Paul (owner of STaSIS) and made some adjustments.....what a difference. The alingment was just set up to be fairly agressive....I want to work my way through and learn along the way.

Car was a blast to drive....so much more different then the RS6. The exhaust note of the car, I was told by the event master broke 103 decibles on a fairly regular basis, good times:thumb: . Car was easier to drive in all aspects then the RS6....as to be expected. Not a hint of break fade at anytime during the two days. These Alcon's work great....if I were to keep the RS6 after the lease I would put this break set up on.

The Dunlop R compound tires worked very well....especially for a $120 a piece. Also the reduced weight of the OZ's compared to the BBS CH's was noticeable difference.

Of the three RS6's in my run group not one could keep up with me. In fact I got my anwser on if the S4 was faster then the RS6 in a straight line and it is. I would have expected it to be in the corners, but the straight line acceleration was questionable. In fact there was a GT3 in my run group and he was not able to pull on me in the straights and in the corners there was a minimal difference, he was faster in some and I was faster in others. My instructor was actually suprised. Now I know this is all driver dependant and the driver of the GT3 may not have to driven the car to its fullist....but I was not driving mine to its fullist either. First time out I did not want to over do it.

Got the rear out a good bit in turn 3a..which is a bad place to loose it, as there is really no run off. Small muddy strip(good for off track acceleration) then wall.

The most fun I have had on a track yet. Love the learning process as long as it doesn't end in a wall:mech: Also, got signed off to drive solo for the second day which was kind of nice...although I really liked my instructor.

Can't wait for Thunderhill in January and most likely will be going to Buttonwillow.

Cheers,

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 21:13
Oh and a white GT3...the one in my run group was silver

Ernesto (ERT)
November 17th, 2004, 22:18
Ben-

Nice catching up with you and Jen, and your "garage crew" Unless things change, I'll be going up for Thunderhill also.

I'll say that after the gray 996 TT, (you can see it in the background of the first elise pic) that your car had one of the most intoxicating sounds coming down the front straight. The 996 sounded like it had a jet turbine in it- amazing.... and having had a ride in it, what an amazing car. Though the GT3's kept pulling on the 996 TT when I went along for a ride along.

You've got a sweet ride, and Jeff Doyle and I kept looking at those brakes while you were in the pit, and saying how sick they looked.

Who's your Audi tech? I'm looking for someone local to begin doing some work on the A6 now that I'm past the 100k mark.

Have a great holiday-
Ernesto

Bauer
November 17th, 2004, 22:41
Ernesto,

Look forward to seeing you at Thunderhill...should be a blast. Thanks for the kind comments about the S4. What run group did you go out in the 996 TT, it must have been the X/Y group. Unless the silver GT3 had a co driver who was going out in the C/D group. Or maybe the X/Y instructor in the sliver GT3 was out in the C/D group...who knows. Good times nontheless.

Oh and my buddie Eddie (S6 in the same garage) works on th S4 and my brother in laws(my old car) S4. I have known him for about 15 years and taken any non-warranty or modification work to him. He just open his own shop in Berkeley if you like shoot me a PM and I can get you all of his contact info. Really good guy.

Cheers,

sturs6
November 17th, 2004, 23:10
I want to see the CH's on the Beast Ben!!!:D

Ernesto (ERT)
November 17th, 2004, 23:34
Oh and my buddie Eddie (S6 in the same garage) works on th S4 and my brother in laws(my old car) S4. I have known him for about 15 years and taken any non-warranty or modification work to him. He just open his own shop in Berkeley if you like shoot me a PM and I can get you all of his contact info. Really good guy.

I thought that was him... Eddie was my first instructor on Monday, when my original instructor didn't show up- good guy. Jen said the same instructor did the same to you some time ago... 8^)

I'll shoot you an email tonight, so I can get his info. Berkely is a lot closer than Burlingame.

Cheers-
Ernesto

RS4Ever
November 18th, 2004, 00:30
very cool pics.. thanks.

all those S's and that quattro :0: and the rest of course

eph94
November 18th, 2004, 03:30
Seeing as I already has snow tires on all my vehicles, it's nice to live vicariously through you Ben. Boy, I'm having track withdrawal. Well, come January and February, we'll be able to play at the Team O'Neil Rally School in the snow! :D There is one part of the course where there is an off-camber uphill left-hander. I had the RS6 going up that sideways. FUN! But at the end of the day, I would prefer a sunny 70 degree day at the track!

7:53 RS6
November 18th, 2004, 09:18
Nice to read some track days info Bauer. Keep em coming please, we have a long winter here. April or May is the first track events. :w:

In Sweden its:snow: :snow: :snow: all over alredy.

Bauer....I can onley think of one bad thing to have a realy god track car. Its when some one else is driving faster its hard to blame the car :D

This country sucks, its the same whit golf, to short season.
Well maybee we do the Audi winter driving events.

Benman
November 18th, 2004, 17:43
Good to hear Ben:0:

Glad the S4 lived up to your expectations. With a lot less weight and better suspension set up it was doubtful that it was going to be slower than the Beast:D Look forward to meeting up with everyone at Thunderhill.:cheers:
Ben:addict:

Bauer
November 18th, 2004, 17:54
Originally posted by sturs6
I want to see the CH's on the Beast Ben!!!:D

Here you go........now get off my back!!

Just kidding of course

Bauer
November 18th, 2004, 18:02
pic 2

Bauer
November 18th, 2004, 18:03
pic 3

Bauer
November 18th, 2004, 18:16
Its when some one else is driving faster its hard to blame the car

Oh thats not a problem...as I am still learning and blaming the car at this point would make me a real jacka$$:brag: :D :D

unless it was the car:hahahehe:

sturs6
November 20th, 2004, 12:19
Originally posted by Bauer
Here you go........now get off my back!!
Just kidding of course

:thumb: Nice very very Nice!!!!
Sorry for being on your back about seeing them!!!:D :cry: