View Full Version : new audi a6 avant

fastdrive
November 9th, 2004, 12:34
cool article whit more spec
are on this page
http://www.fastdrive.org/news.php?extend.249

tailpipe
November 12th, 2004, 19:57
The shape of the new A6 Avant bodes well for the new RS6 which should look lean and mean. I'll trade in my new RS4 for one, which will be old by the time it arrives!

RS4Ever
November 13th, 2004, 23:09
so the avant will have rear lights like the a4 style and not like the A6 sedan. interesting.

looks good.

i guess this is the front of an S-line.. perhaps?

roadrunner
November 14th, 2004, 17:42
Originally posted by RS4Ever

i guess this is the front of an S-line.. perhaps?

good observation, missed it myself - you can see it on the different shape of the lower part bumper (the black part faces down versus up on standard A6. the other mark is the small bump below the headlights.

greets
seb. :bye:

tailpipe
November 15th, 2004, 11:12
The more I see of the A6 Avant, the more I like it. No other estate looks as good. Interestingly, I just read that the A6 will get the same engine as the forthcoming RS4, probably in an S6 version. The existing five-valve V-8 is already available and goes well. So either way V-8 A6s should be highly desirable.

I also understand that Audi is retuning the suspension based on criticism of the new A6 saloon/ sedan.

5000S old skool
January 6th, 2005, 01:11
is just me or did anyone notice that s badge on the grill? and the front bumper looks like a B7 S4's.... S6 anyone :revs: :0:

A418TQTip
January 6th, 2005, 04:00
Originally posted by 5000S old skool
is just me or did anyone notice that s badge on the grill? and the front bumper looks like a B7 S4's.... S6 anyone :revs: :0:

I'm pretty positive that badge stands for S-line (i.e. cosmetic stuff only).

Audihead
January 6th, 2005, 16:28
Originally posted by A418TQTip
I'm pretty positive that badge stands for S-line (i.e. cosmetic stuff only).

You are correct, S-LINE. You can tell by the rims as well. It also has more sporting bits on it also. Suspension, rims, mirrors, trim pieces, maybe sport seats as well. Not just a total badge job, but stops just short of a true S.

:s4addict:

5000S old skool
January 9th, 2005, 20:12
ahhh yes ok i see... i just saw the red on the grill and automatically thought S6..