PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Avant converted from a sedan

Speedracer
November 9th, 2004, 03:42
My mechanic, Greg Hayman and his brother at Autofirme, in Amenia, NY just finished converting an RS6 sedan into an Avant for a customer in NYC. They replaced all the sheet metal from the A piller back, and it was seemless. You couldn't tell it from an original except for the lack of a roof rack. He told me that European Car will probably be doing an article on it. I saw a ton of pictures of the car under construction and will post some if I can.

Greg told me it was actually cheaper to convert it than to federalize an imported one.

Those of you who went on the first Northeast Ride will remember the shop. We stopped there and looked at some of the cars he had there.

Benman
November 9th, 2004, 15:12
Originally posted by Speedracer
My mechanic, Greg Hayman and his brother at Autofirme, in Amenia, NY just finished converting an RS6 sedan into an Avant for a customer in NYC.

Greg told me it was actually cheaper to convert it than to federalize an imported one.

I'd believe it. When I was talking to Josh @ achtuning about his imported RS 4 costs he said they were totally outrageous and a very time consuming process (still ongoing after 1 year!).

JAXRS6
November 9th, 2004, 17:20
Cheaper to convert than federalize? Still going on after a year?

Ah, the joys of government in action. Or should I say inaction?

At least we Americans should feel safe now that we know our government is protecting us from those insurgent hordes of high powered German station wagons!:hahahehe: :hahahehe: :hahahehe:

Bauer
November 9th, 2004, 18:19
At least we Americans should feel safe now that we know our government is protecting us from those insurgent hordes of high powered German station wagons!

LOL!!!

LIRS6
November 11th, 2004, 19:24
I know the owner - looking forward to seeing the finished product.

eph94
November 12th, 2004, 01:45
Originally posted by JAXRS6
At least we Americans should feel safe now that we know our government is protecting us from those insurgent hordes of high powered German station wagons!

They must have read some European magazine review referring to the RS4 and RS6 Avant as rockets. Can't be too safe these days.