PDA

View Full Version : Some pics of the track car in progress (I know wrong section)

Bauer
November 9th, 2004, 02:46
So finally got the brakes, rotors and suspension....just waiting on some front and rear control arms from STaSIS. They are currently being machined.....when done they will allow for better suspension set up. Unfortunately, won't be ready before the event at Infineon Raceway....oh well. Still putting everything else on for the event.

"I feel sorry for anyone trying to take the same breaking line as you" my friend and mechanic

Bauer
November 9th, 2004, 02:47
pic 2

Bauer
November 9th, 2004, 02:50
Custom MAF and intake.....oh and rear rotor :D :hahahehe:

Bauer
November 9th, 2004, 02:52
Nice big custom downpipes:bow:

Bauer
November 9th, 2004, 02:54
Complete straight through exhaust......thats why it so damm loud:wo:

Bauer
November 9th, 2004, 02:55
Added power steering cooler and the RS4 intercooler keeping it company. Pic of added oil cooler turned out poor:doh:

Bauer
November 9th, 2004, 02:59
AHHHH the good stuff.....can't wait to get it dialed in and on the track:mech: :incar:

sturs6
November 9th, 2004, 03:03
I am assuming this is on the S4...
Some nice photos Bauer.

Bauer
November 9th, 2004, 03:06
Originally posted by sturs6
I am assuming this is on the S4...
Some nice photos Bauer.

Yep....

The CH's look great...thanks.....I have got to get the bolts in the mail to your shop...they will go out fed ex tomorrow.

I will post some pics....the RS6 look very stealth....in a menacing way:hahahehe:

sturs6
November 9th, 2004, 03:21
Originally posted by Bauer
Yep....

The CH's look great...thanks.....I have got to get the bolts in the mail to your shop...they will go out fed ex tomorrow.

I will post some pics....the RS6 look very stealth....in a menacing way:hahahehe:
Awesome I am glad they made it. I can not wait to see the pictures.

7:53 RS6
November 9th, 2004, 10:09
Nice pics. I spotted a bottel of Motul as well. I can relly imagin how much fun this car will give you:thumb:

Benman
November 9th, 2004, 15:16
Very nice Bauer,

A you planning to make to finished debut at Thunderhill?
Ben:addict:

Aronis
November 9th, 2004, 17:09
How much did all this work cost you???

Sounds expensive!

Mike

Bauer
November 9th, 2004, 18:50
Ben-

The S4 will be almost done for Infineon, only thing missing will be the control arms. Kind of sucks I will have to do the aliangment twice....but oh well. Also, there will probably be some additional cost because the suspension is going on and then the arms will be added later....so that kind of sucks as well. The car should be all done for Thunderhill and that is were I want to really try and get it dialed in. I have to talk with Paul @ STaSIS to see if I can give him some seat time @ Thunderhill to help with the suspension set up. You coming to either event?? I am going to try and make Pahrump and I guess they are working on events at Fernly and Button Willow. Going to try and make one of those if they get worked out.

I guess Laguna for 05 was cancled due to track renovations.....which kind of sucks....I really like that track. Altough, I don't know if I would be able to run the S4 there on the backside. I could see myself getting black flaged due to noise:revs: :D

Aronis-

Not the best use of $$$.....I have made better investments in my life but this aint one of them:doh: . I should end up at a little under original MSRP of the car. This would not have been the case had I done all of the engine and driveline work....thankfully the last owner ate all of that. I figured out that he had about 12k to 15k in engine work when I bought it and I bought the car for KKB. This thing better be fun:wo: anf thankfully my wife is into this as well:thumb:

RS4Ever
November 9th, 2004, 19:35
wow

cool project

:s4addict:

SpinEcho
November 10th, 2004, 02:21
:bow:

Benman
November 10th, 2004, 15:25
Ben-

The S4 will be almost done for Infineon, only thing missing will be the control arms.

The car should be all done for Thunderhill and that is were I want to really try and get it dialed in. I have to talk with Paul @ STaSIS to see if I can give him some seat time @ Thunderhill to help with the suspension set up. You coming to either event??
Ben:cheers:
Yes, I was talking to Jimmy at Laguna Seca and told him I would try to make Thunderhill (Infineon no go, middle of work week). Looking forward to seeing Jr. Beast in action! Bake Mono Banzai!

Ben:addict:

Erik
November 10th, 2004, 15:32
"I feel sorry for anyone trying to take the same breaking line as you" my friend and mechanic

More pictures like these please! From everyone!

Love it! :heart:

So go on get out to :mech: and :incar:

Ernesto (ERT)
November 10th, 2004, 23:30
Hey Ben- nicely done. I'll see you at Infineon, since I'll be there. Love those brakes.

Cheers-
Ernesto

Bauer
November 11th, 2004, 00:02
Originally posted by Ernesto (ERT)
Hey Ben- nicely done. I'll see you at Infineon, since I'll be there. Love those brakes.

Cheers-
Ernesto

Sounds good....I am looking forward to the event to see how this poor investment performs:D :D :incar:

Ben-

See you at Thunderhll.....I really like that track....a lot of run of.....can really hang your balls out there without too much fear:hahahehe:

TuningBrasil
November 11th, 2004, 12:04
http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=37450

How do you like your ITG filter?!

Bauer
November 11th, 2004, 19:07
Originally posted by TuningBrasil
How do you like your ITG filter?!

Previous owner had that put on.....so I don't relaly have any before or after impressions. It does however give the car a great intake noise....kind of sounds like a turbo spooling up.:thumb:

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:21
more pics.....new Alcon's mounted:bow:

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:21
different view

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:23
External dampers...mounted....me likey:hihi:

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:23
Up close:mech:

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:24
and drivers side

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:25
Rear Brakes

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:26
Front dampers

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:28
Front bumper...leaving lower grills off for better cooling, until RS4 bumper gets put on. New Euro headlights as well....no yellow side markers:nono:

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:30
Orca...the big daddy:rs6kiss: ......guess who's rims found a new home????

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:32
The Family....minus the S8.....she will be in on Sat for new front brakes.

RS6

01 S4 on left rack

93 S4 on right rack, my old S4, now Bro in Laws....his track car now...but I do have visitation rights:D :D

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:33
thought this made a nice shot.

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:34
and new exhaust on the 93 S4....sounds VERY nice

Bauer
November 12th, 2004, 19:36
and last but not least new RS2 turbo for the 93 S4....underside shot

nyrs6
November 12th, 2004, 19:44
Wow a real audi guy :D :s4addict: :rs6kiss: