PDA

View Full Version : be carefull the next time you film...

freerider
November 8th, 2004, 14:39
http://boston.mirror-image.com/newsvideo/softwin/template.html?OAS_pos=SPONSOR2&middle=072104_vws_worcester.wmv

You can learn from someone else's mistake.

Greetz Johan

Klint
November 8th, 2004, 16:04
oh no, they were weaving in and out of the cones!?!?!

HILARIOUS!!!! Grasses are funny people. ROFL!!!

JAXRS6
November 8th, 2004, 17:13
I've been on a few club drives but never saw anything like that -- cone dodging on public roads, being pulled over as a group, or having the video. But all three -- wow!

I do recall being pulled over as part of a group of cars on a state highway in 1950s central Indiana, visiting from Michigan with my parents. The state troopers were very polite, gave all of the five or six drivers a speeding ticket, and accompanied us to the courthouse -- where the choice was pay the fine, come back to court in three months, post bail...or go to jail. What a racket! Fortunately such practices ended.

As for club drives ... personally, if I had seen drivers in my event dodging cones in a construction zone, I would -- before seeing this -- at least decline participation. But AFTER seeing this I think I would probably just leave.

Participating drivers can argue til they're blue in the face how, for example, there were no highway workers or other traffic in the areas where they played. And they might be right. But the law doesn't leave it in their hands to decide when it's safe, and the law clearly was violated -- on the culprits' video! So even if in a sense they're "right," they'll never win in court because court is based on the law -- not drivers' interpretations of safety.

I do feel a little sorry for them, but not much, because 1) videotaping unlawful behavior is just plain dumb; and, 2) it shouldn't be that difficult to set up cones in a safer environment.

I hope you might consider sending this to the Audi Car Club & its VW counterpart, so that they can consider forwarding it to local chapters for a lesson on how not to conduct a club drive.

And thanks for the video -- very entertaining, as long as you weren't one of those busted!:applause: