PDA

View Full Version : Bugatti Veyron

jackal
November 6th, 2004, 19:41
Have anyone heard how it goes with the Bugatti? Have they found a way to fix the gearbox and the prob with overheating engine, at slow movement?

Mr Balsen
November 7th, 2004, 20:39
The Bugatti Veyron was one of the topics I discussed with folks at Nardo end of september. From a source close to the project, the Bugatti Veyron is facing 3 problems:

Aerodynamic is not very good. Reaching 400 km/h request a lot of power.

Tire: Michelin is not able to produce a safe tire which last more than a few laps at full speed at Nardo

Piech: Since Ferdinand Piech has left the project, this is a battleground of internal political wars. Everybody blaming everybody for the delay.

Cheers from Paris.
Frederic

mr
November 7th, 2004, 23:33
The Bugatti Veyron was one of the topics I discussed with folks at Nardo end of september. From a source close to the project, the Bugatti Veyron is facing 3 problems:

Aerodynamic is not very good. Reaching 400 km/h request a lot of power.

Tire: Michelin is not able to produce a safe tire which last more than a few laps at full speed at Nardo

Piech: Since Ferdinand Piech has left the project, this is a battleground of internal political wars. Everybody blaming everybody for the delay.

That's sad to hear!!!

This could have been (could still be) a REALLY great and fast car ... but ... if release is delayed another time -> well ... looks not good for the Veyron!!!

it's sad, ... that this project may be cancelled just of internal political wars!!!

Benman
November 8th, 2004, 15:35
Originally posted by mr
That's sad to hear!!!

This could have been (could still be) a REALLY great and fast car ... but ... if release is delayed another time -> well ... looks not good for the Veyron!!!

it's sad, ... that this project may be cancelled just of internal political wars!!!
Very sad. This is VAG's chance for a supreme flagship car. All the delays does nothing for Bugatti's rep. Heck, even Chrysler has had time now to come up with a Bugatti Beater:bigeyes:

bludnik
November 8th, 2004, 17:29
Originally posted by Benman
Very sad. This is VAG's chance for a supreme flagship car. All the delays does nothing for Bugatti's rep. Heck, even Chrysler has had time now to come up with a Bugatti Beater:bigeyes:

I think that Citroën has got good time to come up with a Bugatti Beater before the Veyron is finally launched... :eye:

Benman
November 8th, 2004, 22:39
Originally posted by bludnik
I think that Citroën has got good time to come up with a Bugatti Beater before the Veyron is finally launched... :eye:
:D
Heck, they should have just bought an Ultima. Then reengineer it with an even lighter titanium tube frame, stuff ABS and power steering, windows and door locks along with ohhh say 100 lbs worth of the finest leather around and in the end they'd have a WAY better drivers car with WAY less weight and if they use the factory approved engines end up with a car that even beats their power to weight ratio.

And think of ALL THE PROFIT THEY'D MAKE by selling it for $1 million!!! And it would have been on the market WAY sooner:D
Ben:addict:

Eckoman
November 9th, 2004, 08:22
Originally posted by Benman
And think of ALL THE PROFIT THEY'D MAKE by selling it for $1 million!!! And it would have been on the market WAY sooner:D
Ben:addict: [/B]
Profit? This Project is not about profit. Think about it: they only want to make 300 of the Veyron, do you think engineering this beast will only cost 300 Million? Don't think so.

Benman
November 9th, 2004, 15:02
Originally posted by Eckoman
Profit? This Project is not about profit. Think about it: they only want to make 300 of the Veyron, do you think engineering this beast will only cost 300 Million? Don't think so.
Think you missed my point. I know that they will not be making a ton off $$$ of this project. My point was that they could have just bought a couple of Ultimas (after all it was good enough for Gordon Murray to use for test mules) reengineered it and spend WAY less $$$ than they are schelling out for their own R & D and had a better drivers car (WAY less weight, rear wheel drive) and had it on the market over 2 freaking years ago. So yes, They would have made A LOT of profit!

Ben:addict:

Klint
November 11th, 2004, 22:14
errr...the car costs $1mln but comes with a free $200k watch. :vhmmm:

freerider
November 12th, 2004, 00:14
Originally posted by Klint
errr...the car costs $1mln but comes with a free $200k watch. :vhmmm:

Jep, and it's designed in such a way that you can read it, while holding both hands on the wheel (clock on the side). And it's really ugly :D .

<quote from site>
And working with its sister division, Bugatti International, the automaker has assigned a select few luxury partners the right to produce matching accessories to compliment the new car. These include diamond jewelry, a $70,000 watch, and a collection of eyewear. Those glasses feature a microchip that contains data about the wearer’s vision. Break a pair or need a new look? No problem. The chip will help your local optometrist grind the precise prescription.
</quote>

Greetz Johan

Erik
November 18th, 2004, 11:49
DSG Gearbox that handles 1250 Nm :revs:

jackal
November 18th, 2004, 12:02
k... then that shouldn't be a problem... :blush:

Croman
November 18th, 2004, 16:27
Anyone got pics on the watch? :bow: