View Full Version : Cayenne Turbo or RS6

TaTaPiRaTa
November 6th, 2004, 18:50
This is nice what you can see on the Porsche forum:
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=166842

:rs6kiss:

SpinEcho
November 7th, 2004, 01:01
Really interesting what was said by the guy who now has a Plus and used to have a 'regular' RS6. He wonders if the difference in feel might be due to tires - has anyone else experienced such a tremendous difference with a tire change?

JP4
November 7th, 2004, 04:52
Originally posted by SpinEcho
has anyone else experienced such a tremendous difference with a tire change?

That would be a definate YUP! When I took the OEM tire/wheel package off (255/40/18 SP9000 RS's) and shod a set of forged alloy wheels with 265/35/18 Pilot Sport Cups (for track use) I was litterally grinning from ear to ear with the results. The weight delta was 12 lbs on each corner. That by itself made a significant difference. The turn-in response was dramatically improved. The car "seemed" to have a totally different suspension setup. And if one considers that fact that the tire wheel set-up IS part of the suspension, that statement is at least partially true!

JP4 :idea:

A418TQTip
November 7th, 2004, 06:49
Cayenne vs RS6?!? :doh: RS6 HANDS DOWN!!!

I just don't get some of the stuff I see posted on the Web...

The guy is coming from a C4 and he still needs to ask?!?

It's a shame lots of people don't realize that most SUVs (or however the heck Porsche spins it) have less internal space than SWs...

:addict:

gjg
November 7th, 2004, 08:43
He wonders if the difference in feel might be due to tires - has anyone else experienced such a tremendous difference with a tire change?

I had Avant for about 8000 km and switched to + with about same amount of km by now. The write up is pretty much correct, the tire issue, to me, is that:

18" stock Pirelli's on rs6 are quiet, comparing 19" stock Dunlop P9000 on Plus.

18" P's give in turn little more than 19" but given the sidewall height I'd say that's normal.

On the s*** roads here the Dunlops do not hold as well as Pirellis when raining (scary moment when you find out) and on the concrete surface of bahn portions the noise level from Dunlops is so bad you do not, at certain speeds, hear almost nothing but the tire noice - horrible. I will not buy the P9000 again - had the noise problem on wife's car as well.

I also drove my dealer's Avant with optional 19" Contis and and it is about half way between 18" stock and 19" Plus - my bt-meter recollection. But the difference is not, imho, really that much noticeable in day2day street driving ....

:rs6kiss:

7:53 RS6
November 7th, 2004, 18:17
The guy is compering Contis and Pirelli P Zero Rosso. In my world the both tiers are preforming well on RS6. And its not a big diffrens on them if both have same air pressure in. Good tiers.

But I agree that its different if driving a bad preforming tier and driving a god one. Even bigger diffrens if runing R-tiers or slicks.

But the god tier can also be taken for not god if for exampel its less air pressure or to much air in tier, espesally if driving inspierd. Same goes fo the bad tier it of course preforms even worse if to litel or to much.

I had the plus fore a day When me and Erik made the test drive report of Plus. And then I driven it plenty at track a few days later whit mine at the same time(changing cars and both cars at samme time racing) whit AMS.

Now 30 hp is hard to feel but at steet sure a litel. That same 560 tourq is holding in for 400rpm moore is the same a litel you feel it on street. All in all its a wery small diffrens in my world.

At track you hardly feel this, but the droped chassi fore sure feeling better than mine stock. And I would say if I did a blind test whit a Plus and normal RS6 and not nowing what car it was. I think the chassi is what i would have noticed first and not the extra power if driving it.
Of course I love the hole thing about Plus anyway.

Hawk
November 8th, 2004, 12:46
RS6:addict:

Benman
November 8th, 2004, 15:48
Finally, the engine note. Frankly, the RS6 is one of the best-sounding cars I've ever heard. I never drive with the radio on as I simply love the Steve McQueen Bullit soundtrack coming from the back. The TT sounds muted in comparison, even though turbo-noise is much more pronounced, and it is nice to hear the whistle over the V8 rumble.

Wow, can't believe that came from a Porsche forum
:D

RS 6 ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(And yes, tires will make a difference but I really like the Pirellis and don't think the Pilot Sports (what I'm trying now) are any better).
Ben:addict: :addict: