PDA

View Full Version : Rns-e

audirs6sport
November 5th, 2004, 06:12
Is the RNS-E navi a touch screen system? How do you enter the address? By using the little knob or does it give you letters that you can touch to input?

gjg
November 5th, 2004, 10:43
it is not touch screen, you use the rotary know on the right side of NAVi to enter the letters and numbers.

garlin
November 9th, 2004, 05:35
Does anyone know if people are working to get RNS-E as an after-market product? The map display looks so much better than the Nav+. There are sellers on eBay, but I haven't heard of anyone claiming to have a working North American version of the maps.

gjg
November 9th, 2004, 13:16
I have no idea about aftermarket, all I can tell you that I have tried Blaupunkt and Pioneer DVDs in this new NAV and neither one worked.

What sucks in reality that Audi in its ultimate wisdom sells a car for about $130k (plus that is) and the maps supplied with the vehicle end with German border going east, like there is nothing.

To add insult to an injuty, NAVTECH who supplies the maps for AUdi, has no immediate plans to add any maps to the existing database. So, the EU as far as French and Germans are concerned today, ends on Eastern border of Germany and Austria.

Oh, I've forgot - there is a little icing on the cake - the Audi importer offered me new DVD which included at least some limited "new" parts of EU at the time I picked up my +, guess what - there was "additional" charge for another DVD in the amount of approx. $1,200 - at the time they handed me keys to the new car with obsolete DVD inside. .....

Turned out, for $1,200, he supplied the same (E) version of the maps as I already had .....

So, next time you guys bitch about incompetent dealers in US, rest assured that there is at least equall amount arrogant and ignorant idiots on the other side of the pond as well.

:vgrumpy: