PDA

View Full Version : 300C to be built in Europe

JAXRS6
October 28th, 2004, 01:54
http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0410/27/b01-316735.htm

gjg
October 28th, 2004, 08:56
this is same plant where Jeep is build for Europe .... and with diesel engine too ..... same torque less than half fuel consumption ...

mr
October 28th, 2004, 11:28
......... not just europe -> it's being built in AUSTRIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well -> seems somehow strange -> thousands of employees are planed to be laid off (12000 from opel (GM), maybe 5000 - 15000 at VW in Wolfsburg).... and over here ........ a few hundred maybe over 1000 new jobs are being created!

.... strange ....... reeeeeeeeeeally strange!!!

gjg
October 28th, 2004, 23:09
hi MR .... nothing personal - Austria is the last communist country in Europe .... actually the only country I know where you can officially get a speeding ticket by police officer OBSERVING your speed, and, to add insult to an injury ... they will take your spare tire (or car radio or something else tangible) if you do not carry 200-500 Euro to pay the fine on spot ....

so, it is communistic (guilty and no chance to prove you're innocent) and the fines are (depending on your car registration) extremally high .....

:harass: :harass: :harass:

mr
November 3rd, 2004, 23:32
to gjg

I do not comment your unqualified comment about Austria -> it seems you don't know anything about my homecountry!!!

hmmmmm -> it seems ...... hmmmmmm o no ... I just don't want to start an endless useless discussion with sbdy who seems to know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about a country he talks about!!!

:vgrumpy:

gjg
November 7th, 2004, 22:37
I do not comment your unqualified comment about Austria -> it seems you don't know anything about my homecountry!!!

hmm, not that I want to get in to any pissing contest here :nono: , but I firmly stand by my comments, specifically by

actually the only country I know where you can officially get a speeding ticket by police officer OBSERVING your speed

I have personally experienced the above at minimum one or more times a year for last fourteen years.

I comute between Prague, Bratislava and Vienna at least once a week. I suggest you drive in Austria with, for example, Slovak or Czech license plates on your car - you will be surprised what you will find when it comes to traffic enforcement by Austria's finests. Level of arrogance is unmatched .....

Don't take me wrong - Austria is a nice country and I do have very good friends there - however the attitude of some police officers towards former Ost Block citizens purely sucks.

Unfortunately the bad apples ruins the general picture.

George

:argue:

Nordschleife
November 7th, 2004, 22:42
MR
I have lived in Bayern for several years. During that time my colleagues and I have visited Austria on numerous occassions, we like the place. However, the traffic police DO target non Austrian cars when stopping people for speeding. Its a fact, I guess its very nice for Austrians, but it sure as hell irritates the visitors!
R+C

gjg
November 7th, 2004, 22:50
well, at least there is a French part I missed - they do not discriminate, they hate everybody ...... :harass:

as R+C said, this is true, I have seen several German guys in the same situation as well, not just poor Ost Block bastards .... :applause:

mr
November 8th, 2004, 13:31
... well i can neither confirm nor deny your posts!
maybe it was / is so -> I don't have information about treating foreign car drivers different than Austrian here ....... but ... yeah ... maybe you're right!!!

... sorry for my being harsh!

rgds
martin

gjg
November 8th, 2004, 19:29
no hard feelings on this end ......

Klint
November 11th, 2004, 23:06
Gents,

Would you like a seperate thread made to discuss the Austrian Police force? :hihi:

gjg
November 12th, 2004, 17:06
seperate thread made to discuss the Austrian Police force?

ha ha, how about universal threat for the subject?