PDA

View Full Version : we all love cameras... don't we

freerider
October 24th, 2004, 17:20
I think I speak for everyone with this picture :D

RS4Ever
October 24th, 2004, 17:30
hehe true.

i wonder how a picture from a camera like that taken of a chromed car would come out.. that would be a huge plus if your car would blind the camera from its own flash.:bye2: hehe
being such a huge reflector.. you might even burn the pic (thats what we want to hear).

freerider
October 24th, 2004, 17:50
Camera like that? They're all like that in Belgium. And believe me, we have a nice collection of them.

Greetz Johan

RS4Ever
October 24th, 2004, 22:13
many in israel as well.. even on the highways.

but here in georgia they dont really have many posted up if not at all.

if you goto this link
http://212.68.158.3/template/default.asp?maincat=3&pageID=17
you will see a map of israel with a main highway running upfrom north to south.. this is called the ayalon highway.

on this map.. if you click on any video camera icon.. it will load you live footage of traffic and stuff going on at the section on the highway.. such as here.. camera 9
http://212.68.158.3/camera/camera.asp?perCamera=9

some cameras are not accessable for the public.. some highways have cameras posted that are for speeding and keeping short distances between cars. the government watches those cameras.
although, my best friend over there is a taxi driver and knows which ones work and which dont. :bye2:

myth... they say that if you drive a certain amount of high speed.. you can pass the detection of your car speeding and the government wont see a car in the pic.

besides these traffic cameras we have cameras posted at intersections... and you know what happens when you pass a red light.

international talk.. hows it like in your country?

freerider
October 24th, 2004, 23:02
Btw, that picture is actually a sticker to put on your car!!!

And how it's like in our country? Like said before, whe have a nice collection of them. It's like public phones. You have one on every corner of every street. That's a bit exaggerated. But we where known for our fast driving(we're a neighbouring country of germany and there was no checking of speed whatsoever), and the past years they're trying to do something about that. So the cameras started to pop out of the ground like mushrooms. It's really a kill on the fun of driving. But, we try to live with it. We have just one or two together on all the highways, but that's something I think is very useless(cameras on highway). Most of the speeders on the highway are caught by policemen on the side of the road. But we have a radiostation that tells everyone where the policeman are staked out(listeners send a message and they say it).
And yes, there are people saying that when you drive fast enough, you won't get caught (200kph+), because of the limitations of the camera, but that is easely solved by using digital cameras.
My opinion is that driving fast is not dangerous (if you know what you're doing!!!!). The dangerous part is when it's combined with something else(by someone else or yourself). And the fines are way too high nowadays. They're called superfines(really, no kiddin, even by the governement). You wont pay less then 125 euro's for speeding. You will have to drive very fast to make the fine make worth it.
http://www.letsmove.be/nl/PracticalInfo/penalties.asp
Take a look when you drive 10 kmh too fast on the highway (120km/h). That's just sick. There's a guy who drove 20 kmh too fast and lost his driverslicence for 30 days!!!, while there was another guy who had way too much to drink(5 times legal amount) and had a prohibition of 5 hours to drive a car. That's not fair you know.
And then there's the anonymous Volvo(and others, but this is the most famous, because it's on a show on tv "De zware voet" -> "The heavy foot"). It's a normal familycar with a camera in it and offcourse 2 policemen. They drive around and go after people who violate the law(not only speeders). That's a program I better not watch, because everytime I watch it, I get frustrated. But it's very funny, because the volvo is an automatic (can't they drive?) diesel with a topspeed of 180-190(they couldn't follow a german who was doing about 200 :D ). And the driver (policeman)was very scared because of the speed :D, when trying to keep up with him . The german dude had to pay 500 euros for that as a foreigner.
And all of this is of a guy who drives his mom's Yaris. It's very hard to speed in this car :D. But our previous car was heaven for me(nissan primera 2.0 sgx, the one in which I learned to drive). I'm so happy a friend of mine is an Audi dealer :wo:

So people you're warned, when you drive in Belgium (on your way to Germany offcourse :D ), watch those cameras and a black Volvo avant with tinted windows. The normal policecars are white with a blue stripe.

Greetz Johan

PS: for the ones who don't know it, in Germany you get flashed from the front, could make nice picture of your stay in the land of the magical highways.(and bikes are safe). But watcht it, there's a "state" in G that has introduced an overall speedlimit for the highway.