PDA

View Full Version : Top gear

freerider
October 21st, 2004, 19:22
For all of you people who can watch it. Just a reminder that top gear will start this sunday on BBC2(www.bbc.co.uk/topgear).

For the people who are not able to see it (or don't know it, it's the best carshow out there), there is a site where you can download the torrent files. But you can not distribute those. Only for personal use!!! http://gear.viper007bond.com/ --> downloads (you can also download 5th gear, but I don't know that one.

You will need a torrent downloader to be able to download them (I suggest shareaza, because its functions). The torrent file itself is just a list of server from where you can dowload the real file. But once downloaded the download of the real file will start by itself, IF you have a torrent downloader.

Greetz Johan

RS4Ever
October 28th, 2004, 02:04
yes i have been using this site for a while now..

it is awsome!

btw, they have the new topgear episode posted.. the first episode of the season... very cool.

5th gear is an awsome show as well... if unfamiliar, tiff needel (host) was once a host on topgear... i remember that from when in lived in israel when watching bbc.. there wanst any 5th gear at the time.
AT LEAST, they show 5th gear here in the states on the speed channel. phhhewww.:360:

these 2 shows are the best car review shows, at least most entertaining i'd say.

:0:

J.Seven
October 28th, 2004, 11:08
Tiff is more focus on the car itself, Jeremy is more an entertainer guy. I like them both, but Tiff is the man whem it comes to serious driving and opinion.

J.Seven

freerider
October 28th, 2004, 13:33
Yes I agree. But I like top gear because you can tell that the hosts know something about cars.
And there's a rumour that the Stig is an ex racing driver called Perry McCarthy. He can drive a car though. Better than clarkson, but who doesn'? :D

Greetz Johan

Bingocaller
October 28th, 2004, 14:27
Im soooooooooo Firewalled :cry: No P2P for me :nono:

The admin in my building knows his moves - can only get stuff from FTPs etc.

I so gotta move soon :vhmmm:

A418TQTip
October 31st, 2004, 02:55
Originally posted by J.Seven
Tiff is more focus on the car itself, Jeremy is more an entertainer guy. I like them both, but Tiff is the man whem it comes to serious driving and opinion.

J.Seven

I couldn't agree more... :thumb:

7:53 RS6
October 31st, 2004, 09:18
This is from the ringersforum this summer, he had a har time geting under 10 minutes laps!

#
Karl a.k.a. Sir Bastard skrev:
OK, here's the deal. We spot Mr Clarkson in the carpark and take a wander over to see what it's all about. Turns out that Sabine is to coach him so that he can get below 10 minutes before the day is over. It's for an episode of Top Gear and there were various technicians taping loads of cameras to the chase car.

As the time for them to go out neared, I went to the Golf, Ed to the Clio and Jeppe to the Civic. The first lap was to be Sabine driving and Jeremy in the passenger seat being followed by the camera car. We waited after the cones like buzzing hornets and then Sabine appeared. All three of us took off and managed to get in between both the Jags, I was giggling like a small child at our behaviour, it was fecking hilarious :-)

After I had had my fun through Hatzenbach, Jeppe and Ed took up the chase after Hocheichen, it was very entertaining to watch! After Adenauer Forst, we came up behind an old Kadett Coupe, the Jags, then Ed & Jeppe went passed but I got stuck behind him. Going into Breidscheid he lost the back end and ended up with the rear facing the wall and staring at me bearing down on him with four locked wheels, lots of smoke and 1000kg of Wolfsburgs finest heading for his drivers door at, *cough 50kph *cough*. I managed to come to a stop about 1cm from his door, we looked at each other, I smiled, he farted, and off we went :-) Needless to say I had lost the little convoy :-(

Back at the gates, it was Mr. Clarksons turn to drive, with Sabine in the passengers seat. Kim jumped into my passenger seat for the fun and Ed was already waiting at the cones ;-) We tore off after the Jag and overtook him rather quickly, so quickly in fact, that both Ed & I pulled off at Breidscheid and then overtook him again :-) Kim & I did this for two laps running until Mr Clarkson had had enough and pulled off.

I couldn't resist the temptation and wandered over to tell him that I thought he did quite well for his first laps, "what were you driving?" he asked, "the old red Golf" I replied, "which one? there were two", "no there weren't Jeremy, I pulled off and then overtook you again." He was not amused, I nearly wet myself, again, so did Sabine :-)

Karl. #

freerider
October 31st, 2004, 11:45
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
This is from the ringersforum this summer, he had a har time geting under 10 minutes laps!

Yes, he isn't the best driver around, there are even guests who have a better time on HIS track with the reasonable priced car.

Greetz Johan

A418TQTip
October 31st, 2004, 14:30
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
..."what were you driving?" he asked, "the old red Golf" I replied, "which one? there were two", "no there weren't Jeremy, I pulled off and then overtook you again." He was not amused, I nearly wet myself, again, so did Sabine :-)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: