PDA

View Full Version : saying bye bye to my beast

gnomik007
October 21st, 2004, 08:24
I have recently come up with idea to sell my RS6 and get something else.Its a great car,but I have been driving it for two years now and after 40k I think it is time to say good bye.In its place I am thinking to get either my friends Gemballa Cayenne GT700 (that car rocks) or Toureg Sport and tune that W12 to be something like GT700.Anyway,I realized that SUV is more practical car here in Moscow because roads are not like in Germany and huge amounts of snow in winter where every extra mm of clearance matters.On the other hand I am waiting to see what the next RS6 will be.This model brought a lot of excitement and driving fun,so with all the rumors about next one being twice as good as this one I really hope it will be all that.

VAG PLZ MAKE NEXT BEAST NICE:bow:

freerider
October 21st, 2004, 13:39
You can GIVE it to me. No problem at all :D .
No serious. It's a pitty that you have to sell it. But, if I where you I'd go for a Allroad and put a rs6 engine in it :king:
But I've got to say one thing. You talk about snow and that you need clearance for that reason. But if you have a jeep with let's say 750 hp, it isn't going to be easy to drive that safe,because you know you have the power and won't be able to use it, and offcourse, that's a lot of power. You have to know that cars like that aren't meant to do what other real offroaders do. But I can see your point. Maybe you should keep - or buy the new - rs6 and buy a second one for the snow.

Greetz Johan

TheBrit
October 21st, 2004, 17:25
Originally posted by gnomik007
I have recently come up with idea to sell my RS6 and get something else.Its a great car,but I have been driving it for two years now and after 40k I think it is time to say good bye.
What an odd coincidence, after almost 2 years and 45,000 miles, I'm parting with the beast too, and I'm going for something with a W12 engine in it, although mine's going to be a little more low-slung than a Touareg...

Good luck with your new pride and joy! :thumb:

Benman
October 21st, 2004, 20:58
Originally posted by TheBrit
What an odd coincidence, after almost 2 years and 45,000 miles, I'm parting with the beast too, and I'm going for something with a W12 engine in it, although mine's going to be a little more low-slung than a Touareg...

Good luck with your new pride and joy! :thumb:
Wow, the Brit, one of are founding RS 6 owners says goodbye to the Beast! Say it aint so! Enjoy the W12 A8. It will be quite the comfy transporter.:cheers: (and almost as quick!)
Ben:addict:

sturs6
October 21st, 2004, 22:40
Mine will be gone also in the next few weeks. The time has come for me to return it to its mother. :D
I have enjoyed it and I will miss it greatly butI will anxiously await the next one.
:addict: :rs6kiss:

TheBrit
October 22nd, 2004, 12:06
Hmm, isn't gnokik's RS 6 Mugello Blue as well? Is there a pattern developing here? ;)

Ben, yes it's true, the beast is going. After 45,000 miles on harsh British roads, it's been through a lot of tyres, brake discs and pads and Shell Optimax and it's starting to get just a little bit tired in the cabin (squeaks and rattles) although the engine is still pulling strong, in fact I think it's only just about loosened up fully in the last 5000 miles!

The W12 is quite some monster too, same peak hp as the RS 6, slightly more peak torque, and I'm going for the UK short wheel base model, which according to the original press release has a lower final drive ratio for more sporting performance, so I'm hoping it will be almost as fast as the RS 6 overall, even if it feels a bit more sedate.

Benman
October 22nd, 2004, 16:38
The Brit:cheers: ,

The squeaks and rattles I guess are understandable going by what I've read and heard of about your roads:D .

It's cool over there you have the option of the short AND long wheelbase when paired with the W12. Curious, what made you decide on the short wheelbase? I believe it's only @ 150 lbs lighter and since it's not an exact RS 6 replacement why not go for the full monty and get the whole "limo" experience?

Keep us posted on how you're enjoying it.:D

TheBrit
October 22nd, 2004, 21:01
Why the SWB? Well, over here the roads are not only rough, but they're pretty unfriendly to larger vehicles as are things like car park spaces etc. Over here, an SWB A8 is a big car...

I had a couple of hours test drive (on some of my favourite twisties) in both an LWB and SWB W12, and I preferred the SWB's feel and handling (hopefully that lower final drive made it into the SWB after all).

The SWB is a more sporting style than the LWB - it comes with sport suspension and sport seats in place of some LWB limo features like 4-zone climate and electric rear side window blinds, but I added them back in anyway, so I get the luxury element. I added 4-zone, blinds, voice control, TV, 2nd CD changer, load-through, 19" RS 6 wheels and alcantara/leather seats to mine.

Anyway, I would only notice the extra limo length from the back, and I don't intend being prised out of the driver's seat that often! :D

One last thing, I'm being flown over to Munich business class and given 2 night hotel accomodation, a factory tour of both Ingolsdadt and Neckarsulm and my Eurostar ticket home, courtesy of Audi. Oh, and international transfer plates to bring my new beast back home myself. I fly out next Tuesday.

Benman
October 22nd, 2004, 21:14
Originally posted by TheBrit

One last thing, I'm being flown over to Munich business class and given 2 night hotel accomodation, a factory tour of both Ingolsdadt and Neckarsulm and my Eurostar ticket home, courtesy of Audi. Oh, and international transfer plates to bring my new beast back home myself. I fly out next Tuesday.
Now that's what I'm talking about. It would be great to see AOA finally adobt a similar program.

Let us know how the trip home goes.