http://www.autozeitung.de/autotest/bilder/846/04_c.jpg

http://www.autozeitung.de/autotest/bilder/846/05_c.jpg

http://www.autozeitung.de/autotest/bilder/846/06_c.jpg

steve
October 19th, 2004, 17:40
nice clean pics!

Benman
October 19th, 2004, 20:32
very nice pics. The RS 6 + is the most coveted but I'm very content with what I got:D
Ben:addict:

RS4Ever
October 19th, 2004, 23:10
very nice pics

especially that first one

freerider
October 20th, 2004, 13:58
Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the rs6+ accelerate to 100 in 4.5 sec? Even the standard rs6 does it in 4.8. This I find very strange because I've seen on several sites that their time is higher than the time from audi. Also, I've read on several sites that the time given by Audi is higher than in real life.
But, it could be me, who's wrong.

Greetz Johan

RS4Ever
October 20th, 2004, 19:07
Originally posted by freerider
Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the rs6+ accelerate to 100 in 4.5 sec? Even the standard rs6 does it in 4.8. This I find very strange because I've seen on several sites that their time is higher than the time from audi. Also, I've read on several sites that the time given by Audi is higher than in real life.
But, it could be me, who's wrong.

Greetz Johan

yeah i know what you mean.
kind of pisses me off when we dont know when something is concrete.

one thing is that sucks is that some car companies use 60mph instead of 62 mph (100kmh) when they advertise- those extra 2 miles can definately influence and adjust those tenths of digits (example: 5.8 sec , 5.4 sec , 5.2 sec, etc. whatever)

different magazines and websties all over give different figures for times.

*** so many factors to consider.
i would think that some journalists test the times at near optimal conditions.

* drivers may weigh different
* air temperature
* elevation (under sea level, or it)
* humidity
* road surface
* amount of petrol in the tank (more petrol = more weight = less fast)
* tire wear condition
* tire temperature
* wind resistance (going against or moving with you)
* engine temperature
* engine break-in (such as its not healthy to push yourr car hard for the first 1000 miles of engine break-in/settlement time.. hopefully they sprint it when the engine has broken-in)
* and hopefully they run it on a flat straight

probably even more factors - some that i cant think of off the top of my head - anyone?

i've read many :idea: reviews about the:s4addict:having between 5 seconds flat to 5.6 and upto 5.8 - i dont know what time to go by. i only know the range. oh well. :alig: its hard to go by just one number these days.

freerider
October 20th, 2004, 22:46
Yes I know, but I also only look when the time is rated by km/h, because even 62 mph isn't exactly 100 kmh. You need to compare apples with apples you know.
And offcourse what also matters is how they time it. I wouldn't be suprised if some people do it with a stopwatch :D
And offcourse who's testing the car. When you see a review done by m5board the rs6 wouldn't perform well (if you know what I mean). Don't really like the fact that people talk crap about other cars (espacially m3 vs (r)s4, m5 vs (r)s6) even when they never driven it. They're all totally different cars(don't even like it if they test for example m3 with s4, they should the comparison with the rs4). But thats a whole different story. All I wan't to say about that, is that the rs6 is my dreamcar, and that I like other cars as well, but every car has is advantages and disadvantages.
Oh well, I'm just new on the board, so I don't know how people here think about that.

Greetz Johan

RS4Ever
October 21st, 2004, 07:22
first of all welcome to the best :0: forum.

why do i find it the best... well i really dont see much crap talk about other competitor cars like in other forums.
and besides there is always very useful information about the cars out there, how to modify, how to transform, what not to do and you have a whole lot of skilled and incredibaly knoweldgable people here.
i always enjoy reading threads on this site.

i think mainly they test an M3 with an S4 is due to the price range.
however, the cars are not equally the same.
M3 having 2 doors (less weight, stiffer body), s4 4 doors
M3 having either a flatable tire or tire foam repair kit (less weight) - S4 full size spare
M3 particular weather conditions - S4 usable even in snow.

here in the states especially you wont see an M3 compared to an RS4 since we have no Rs4 in our market (yet, hopefully).

i agree with you, stop watches should not be used and apples should be compared to apples.

enjoy the forum.

freerider
October 21st, 2004, 13:26
I already am enjoying the forum :wo: . But on the other hand I'm just teasing myself. Jalousy is felt a lot when reading :cool2: . And I have to agree about the crap talk. The people in here are Audi enthousiasts, but love cars in overall. That's something I can't say about other boards.

Anyway, it's nice to see people with the same interests, and that they're even very nice.

Greetz Johan

SpinEcho
October 21st, 2004, 17:55
There are always people who want their car to be faster by one tenth of a second. For some, this is the most important aspect of car ownership, and they'll expend lots of energy talking about it on forums to anyone who will listen. In general, I think people who buy Audis, and in particular the RS6, cherish their cars for more diverse reasons. Perhaps that is why there is less "crap talk" on this forum.

freerider
October 22nd, 2004, 10:51
Like their car got to compensate something :D .I think it's a human thing, always wanting the best and the fastest. But this conversation is going a bit off-topic. So we'll keep it like this, 'cause it's and endless discussion.

Greetz Johan