PDA

View Full Version : Help !!! Delivery date !

Thilo
January 14th, 2003, 09:57
I just phoned my dealer and asked if he can tell me the delivery date. He told me that it is not possible to get even the month of delivery. But when i ordered the car, he told me that i will get it in june or juli 2003. Is it possible that he gets no accurate date or his he only too lazy to call quattro GmbH ?

You guys have all a more or less excact delivery dates and that makes me a bit worry.

Is there a possibility to check on my own ?

Greetings Thilo
:vvangry:

s6plus
January 14th, 2003, 11:31
Just call quattro gmbh.
and if you're lucky, you can arrange that you can pick your car up at the factory...incl. a small tour etc...:0:

Erik
January 14th, 2003, 11:46
I guess your dealer is lazy. When I bought my 2.7T they knew quite well what was going on in the factory and kept me fairly updated.
There are a few people on this board who have RS6s on order but do not write anything but I still keep contact with.
They know very well when their RS6 is being produced and are notified of any changes.

scoop is going to quattro GmbH today maybe he's got more information on how you can get updated.

Benman
January 14th, 2003, 16:35
thilo,

what erik and splus are saying seems to be right.
but i'm not sure if that only applies to people living
in europe. in so cal most dealers are very reluctant
to offer any specifics on when the cars arrival date
is or what exact options i can have.

it would be nice to know if others in the states
are having the same problem as me. thanks for the
great forum:cheers:

:addict:

bass656
January 15th, 2003, 05:53
The U.S. dealers should be able to give you ballpark production dates for the cars they have been allocated. My car is a May production, but I have no idea when in May, but they are talking about a July delivery, but that is as close as they will get. The reality is that no cars have actually been ordered for the U.S. market as the dealers will not receive the ordering materials for several weeks, but they do know what months the cars they have been allocated will be produced.
I also understand that Audi does not have a European delivery program, has anyone in the U.S. taken delivery of their Audi at the factory?

Thilo
January 18th, 2003, 12:28
OK,

I pushed my dealer to check for the date. He phoned back and, you will not believe it, now he could give me the date. I will get the car in june.

That is the good news.

I was driving yesterday in the southern part of germany (Waldshut) and passed an audi dealer and i couldn't trust my eyes. He had a daytona gray RS6 in his showroom. Of course i stopped immediately and entered the show room.

The car that stands there is exactly the car that i've ordered (ok, no navi, but i could maybee live with that). He told that i could have it today.

It's a pitty that i've already ordered mine and have also sold my old car to the guy. So i have to wait until june and 30 kilometers from my home is a brand new RS6 waiting for some other guy .....:vsad2:

greetings
Thilo

Alex K
January 18th, 2003, 20:10
Based on my experience, the Quattro GmbH production planning process can hardly be called first rate:

Due to the fact that the lease contract on my current car will expire in June of this year and the tight supply situation regarding the RS6, I ordered my car in July 2002 with a requested delivery date of June 2003. In August 02, I received a written order confirmation from my dealer stating a (non-firm of course as you will never get a guaranteed delivery date) delivery date of June 03 (as requested).
Since then my car has been moved to July 03, then August 03 (with corresponding new order confirmations) and last week-believe it or not - my dealer called to tell me that the car will be built in week 10 or 11 (late March !!!!). As much as I hope this is real, I find it difficult to believe given the history of previous delays.
We will see......... The earlier, the better!

Nordschleife
January 18th, 2003, 21:44
Alex
You must realise that the RS6 is a low volume hand finished car. There has been considerable interest from VIP customers who tend to jump the queue and insiders and also the need to reward certain successful drivers for their efforts. When the boss tells quattro GmbH to give x a car, then some ordinary customer gets pushed around, its physics!
So don't blame quattro GmbH, if the car was not so outstanding you would not have a problem with delivery dates. There is a tendency to build in a bit of a safety factor when quoting delivery dates. Your "March" date may very well refer to when the car is built by Audi in Neckarsulm, before it goes to the quattro GmbH compound to be finished.
To quell your impatience, why not ask if you can go and see your car whilst it is being built?

Robin

scoop
January 18th, 2003, 22:09
My delivery dates have been shuffled around as well. I ordered in November 2002, preliminary delivery date was set for June 2003. Then it was April 2003. Now, a few weeks later, the car moved well into being built week 07 which is the week of February 10th. Guess I'm feeling lucky. :D

Oh, and it's definitely worth visiting the quattro GmbH facilities in Neckarsulm. I'll write up a short report about my visit last week.

Thilo
January 19th, 2003, 01:26
Hi Scoop

I would like that the same would happen to me. I also ordered my RS6 in November and now the dealer gave me june for delivery.

It just hurts a little bit, that some dealers have RS6 to go and others (my) have such long queues.

If anybody (germans) is interested in the adress of the sout german dealer who has the daytona gray RS6 (brand new) in the showroom, let me know and i can mail you the adress.

greetings
Thilo :addict:

scoop
January 19th, 2003, 10:22
Yeah, but hey, that's the deal. :) I guess there's one or more small tidbits that you'd have ordered differently (navi plus for example, cars without it have almost no resale value :rolleyes: ) which is why picking your car up at some random dealer will never met your personal requirements by 100%.

I have yet to find a car that matches mine by even 80% - almost no dealer ordered the sedan. Also, a lot of the dealer off-the-shelf cars are not equipped with drilled discs, sports exhaust or any other quattro GmbH extras that I ordered mine with.

I guess all in all I'm pretty confident that (at least for me) it was the way to go to order one personalized to my whishes and dreams. :D

Thilo
January 19th, 2003, 13:17
Originally posted by scoop
Also, a lot of the dealer off-the-shelf cars are not equipped with drilled discs, sports exhaust or any other quattro GmbH extras that I ordered mine with.

:D

How much are the drilled discs ? I am really thinking about also ordering this feature. Most of the time (95%) i am driving in Switzerland where the speed limit is 120 km/h. But sometimes i drive in Germany. Do you think for a not so sportive driver it is worth to buy the drilled discs ?:confused:

All other RS6 experts are of course also invited for their supporting thougts in this tough decision :D

Greetings
Thilo
:cheers:

scoop
January 19th, 2003, 17:58
Originally posted by Thilo
How much are the drilled discs ? I am really thinking about also ordering this feature. Most of the time (95%) i am driving in Switzerland where the speed limit is 120 km/h. But sometimes i drive in Germany. Do you think for a not so sportive driver it is worth to buy the drilled discs ?:confused:

The drilled discs are EUR 850,- and I think it makes sense for everyone to order them. Nordschleife mentioned serious problems with overheating, this can partially be helped with the addition of drilled discs. They also tend to be a lot more responsive in the wet and the price isn't too high actually. Oh, not to mention the improved optics :D

Alex K
January 20th, 2003, 12:40
I do understand the "physics" of a limited production, high profile car business.
Yet, it is a little bit strange - as a 96,000 Euro customer - to be pushed around like this.
In addtion - based on what my dealer tells me - Quattro GmbH doesn´t give a damn what their propective customers are going through. They obviously could sell more cars than they have capacity..... a nice situation for any manufacturer.
Still, I believe they should treat their "ordinary" customers a little more courteously as times could be changing rapidly in the automotive business......

Nordschleife
January 20th, 2003, 18:51
Originally posted by Alex K
I do understand the "physics" of a limited production, high profile car business.
Yet, it is a little bit strange - as a 96,000 Euro customer - to be pushed around like this.
In addtion - based on what my dealer tells me - Quattro GmbH doesn´t give a damn what their propective customers are going through. They obviously could sell more cars than they have capacity..... a nice situation for any manufacturer.
Still, I believe they should treat their "ordinary" customers a little more courteously as times could be changing rapidly in the automotive business......

Alex
quattro GmbH, to spell their name correctly, DO care about customers, whatever you may believe. However, slagging them off in a public forum is unlikely to endear you to them as a customer! Think about it.
Try being a customer of Ferrari, or Aston Martin, or Lamborghini, before you complain about being 'shoved around'.
What I do know is that you are not used to buying exclusive cars, if you were you would never write what you have written here! You know, spending EUR 96,000 on a car does not make make you more or less deserving than anybody else. If you tried making yourself known to the people at quattro GmbH, you might find that the entire waiting process becomes more understandable and enjoyable, and possibly shorter.
HTH
R+C

Benman
January 20th, 2003, 20:03
what nordschleife is saying is true.

after all if you were buying a ferrari, not only do they mark the
price up to insane levels but depending on the model you could
be waiting for more than 18 months!:mad: and thats for a car
that costs waaaaaaaaay over $100,000.:(

:addict: