PDA

View Full Version : Please Someone Tell Me This Is Not True!

5000S old skool
October 16th, 2004, 00:52
http://www.carbc.com/Car-News-893.html

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

THIS CANT BE TRUE!!!!!!!! SOME PLEASE TELL ME ITS NOT TRUE!!!

RS4Ever
October 16th, 2004, 03:47
im speechless

i know that there was a thread similar to this that said about the same thing about focusing on improving weight reduction while not increasing hp.. however, i didnt hear that there wont be any S or RS types.

i also wonder if this is official data.

i hope not. :vgrumpy:

5000S old skool
October 17th, 2004, 04:13
im in denial.... this cant be true.. because there is so much hype about the RS3 and upcoming RS4..... and all of a sudden they say the top performance line is being discontinued.... I was just wondering... perhaps there wont be a next RS6 or a next RS4.... there will however be an RS3... because if you look at it.. the RS2 and RS4 were realesed once... and never came out again.... and the RS6 is to young to say....

Audihead
October 17th, 2004, 05:45
I say BULLSHIT!

:s4addict: :rs4addict :addict: -Forever

RS4Ever
October 18th, 2004, 08:29
again.. dont forget about audi and its stratgies to throw-off its competitors.

lets hope its that.

please.

Finnus
November 3rd, 2004, 13:07
I think this is being misinterpreted. Look at the way MB has just thrown more and more HP at its performance cars (and more and more electronics to manage it). Its even worse if you look at some of the prototypes. All I read this as as aying is that Audi is not going to play that game :cheers:

So I expect Audi to remain a major player in the performance game. Just look at development of the new RS4.

That's my 2¢.

Finnus
:addict:

Mr Balsen
November 3rd, 2004, 13:57
I actually believe this is a smart approach.

Audi has been innovative with the Quattro system, then the Aluminium Space Frame why not designing faster cars with same power as of today ????

After all, when I was at Nardo, we discussed about the Bugatti Veyron and the problem Michelin is having to design tires to survive such treatment (weight, power and downforce).

What is the point to have an 600hp + engine when the power is not there in the first gears because chassis and the driver can't handle it ?
What the point to have a car you can not drive under the rain ?

I prefer to wait what Audi is doing next before burrying Ingolstadt .

Cheers,
Frederic

tailpipe
November 4th, 2004, 20:57
Audi has clearly stated that it is committed to developing a more sporting car range. Nothing I have read recently leads me to believe that Audi is doing otherwise and I read everything! It's my job.

Whatever Audi's plans, luxury and performance are the two key buzzwords driving new product development in premium car categories. Given Audi's success and reputation in producing high performance versions of their cars, you can rest assured that the boys from Ingolstadt will not kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

So what does this article really mean? Simply that the horsepower race reulting in ever more powerful engines is an increasingly meaningless and futile exercise. In a road car, we are rapidly reaching a situation where cars have more power than either the chassis or driver can handle. While this is risky for the person driving such a car the car, it is also dangerous for other road users.

More fundamentally, oil reserves are running out much more quickly than we anticipated. Long term, we need an alternative power source. Short-term, until fuel cell technolgy is perfected, we also need to develop cars that use less gas.

Weight saving technologies are an ideal way to make horsepower more usable. Given the choice, I would take an RS4 with 300 bhp and weighed 1000 kgs over one that had 600 bhp and weighed 2000 kgs. I believe that Audi realises this too.

Mr Balsen
November 5th, 2004, 01:31
tailpipe,

I could not agree more with you.

But If Audi build a 600hp 1000 kilos RS4, I take it as well ! !! !

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

RS4Ever
November 5th, 2004, 07:31
tailpipe,

you summed it all up.

what i was thinking word for word.

:0:

CRIMOR
November 10th, 2004, 10:13
Weel guys...I think that it is impossible that Audi will give up his plans for RS production. Audi is really competitive with AMG and BMW M.. For me it means that there is a way to fight with concorrence..a best way that isn't increase HP but reduce the weight of the car becouse we know that is fundamental the relatioship about weight/HP. It is probable that this will be her future marketing politics.

absent
November 10th, 2004, 23:06
Well,when my car's traction control activates all the way to 70 mph in the dry on 275 Michelin PS2s,it looks initially like "fun".
After a while though,in daily driving,I'm willing to give up a little power for the extra traction.
Scratch the last sentence,I want to keep the power and have the extra traction.
I want a 600hp S8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GustavDK
January 11th, 2005, 16:47
Did you guys read the text properly? What's wrong with this..?

"With better handling and less curb weight, Audis may not lead in power, but they'll leading in driving excitement."

I think thats cool.

Skaala
August 10th, 2005, 20:13
iran also promised to pull out of the nuke race.. :rs4addict :addict: :incar:

BBGT2
August 10th, 2005, 23:41
Absent,

I second that notion S8 with a V10 twin turbos !

Bajo:addict:

minimad
August 11th, 2005, 04:38
I agree the next RS6 could have less power than M5's 507hp, maybe.....490hp with 1500kg weight.

Toto89
August 13th, 2005, 16:39
Sorry Minimad but if the thing that you wrote(the less powerful RS6 than M5)would be true that will be the most stupid thing that Audi could do.
I think the next RS6 should be a 600hp+ car and even not comparable to the M5 because it is much more unique and it should be much-much faster than M5. :addict: :revs:
Don't forget that the old RS6 with "only" a V8 is even faster than the new M5(I mean the RS6+,it is also only the second slowest RS6 if you see the MTM or something like that):rs6kiss:

minimad
October 18th, 2005, 17:58
Toto89, I knew how MTM RS6 like, I have stage III MTM on my RS6(535 bhp). But I really hope Audi can cut weight for next RS6, 1500kg is not possible, but 1700kg with 580+ bhp will be ideal for me. The rest leave to MTM:hihi:

Next stage III........how about 650 bhp on 1700kg RS6....

roozbeh007
October 19th, 2005, 18:03
that article is a BS. it says: "The RS6 might just have been the end of the line for high-HP Audis."
soon we are going to see the new RS4 and we've heard about up comming RS6 as well. so don't get this seriously

Kappe
October 20th, 2005, 01:17
this is not true LOL :p

audi just fired up there extremly good RS4 and they will come with there next generation RS6 (5.2L V10 BiTurbo @ 600HP :eek: )
Later M5, Later 65AMG! Quattro power to harnest that 600BHP! :dance:

oce
October 29th, 2005, 03:29
If it were true, Audi would not have release the 450HP S8, nor would they have announced the 600HP RS8 development. Nor would they have announced the S6 (debut in jan 06), nor "let slip" the development on the 550HP RS6.

the only thing that stinks is NO TURBOS!... but then again with full torque available at 2300 rpm, the v10 ought to be a kick in the pants.

if you remember back, they always seem to underestimate audi. I remember when the S6 was going to be the same high output V8 in the S4, but now its gonna drop tails on my RS6. The lamborghini V10 is tuned down to 450HP for the S8, but at Tokyo they slipped a 600HP version for the RS8.. imagine dropping that into the RS6! (If there is enough room under the hood that is!, even thought the V10 is smaller than their V8, the S8 V10 still has battery and electrical in the trunk... and if I remember correctly, the A6 engine compartment is smaller than the A8.)

Code_2025
October 29th, 2005, 05:51
check out their gallery man....i feel like a kid in a candy shop....what to choose!!

:love: :love:

:s4addict: :s4addict:

Kappe
October 29th, 2005, 16:26
Originally posted by oce
If it were true, Audi would not have release the 450HP S8, nor would they have announced the 600HP RS8 development. Nor would they have announced the S6 (debut in jan 06), nor "let slip" the development on the 550HP RS6.

the only thing that stinks is NO TURBOS!... but then again with full torque available at 2300 rpm, the v10 ought to be a kick in the pants.

if you remember back, they always seem to underestimate audi. I remember when the S6 was going to be the same high output V8 in the S4, but now its gonna drop tails on my RS6. The lamborghini V10 is tuned down to 450HP for the S8, but at Tokyo they slipped a 600HP version for the RS8.. imagine dropping that into the RS6! (If there is enough room under the hood that is!, even thought the V10 is smaller than their V8, the S8 V10 still has battery and electrical in the trunk... and if I remember correctly, the A6 engine compartment is smaller than the A8.)

It wil fit th0.. the new A6 has a bigger engine compartment than the old A6. and the trunk is bigger than of a A8.
But I think they wil gonna put the V10Biturbo with 600HP in it from the audi concepts, Like the audi Le mans Quattro and the nuvolari Quattro :D cuz I dont think the 600HP non turbo will be a reliable road engine. Thats a race engine disigned for racing, that only will last a couple 1000 miles

absent
October 29th, 2005, 17:59
Originally posted by Kappe
It wil fit th0.. the new A6 has a bigger engine compartment than the old A6. and the trunk is bigger than of a A8.
But I think they wil gonna put the V10Biturbo with 600HP in it from the audi concepts, Like the audi Le mans Quattro and the nuvolari Quattro :D cuz I dont think the 600HP non turbo will be a reliable road engine. Thats a race engine disigned for racing, that only will last a couple 1000 miles
Kappe:
Where is Amsterdam???
Is it near Maastricht?(spend a lot of time there):thumb:

absent
October 29th, 2005, 18:02
Originally posted by oce

Where did you hear that bit of info?
How reliable is it?
Any hints of the possible time of release for these hotties?

Kappe
October 29th, 2005, 19:15
Originally posted by absent
Kappe:
Where is Amsterdam???
Is it near Maastricht?(spend a lot of time there):thumb:

lol :p it's on the other side of the netherlands.. Like 2 and half hour drive from my house.
But why maastricht? :P it's ok th0

oce
October 29th, 2005, 22:20
Originally posted by absent
Where did you hear that bit of info?
How reliable is it?
Any hints of the possible time of release for these hotties?

Tokyo Auto-show, started on the 19th. That is when the S8 was "unveiled". The Audi presenter "mentioned" it. The show is still going on (until Nov 6th I think). A trip over and ticket shouldn't cost more than a couple grand if you dont mind being a sardine for 12 hours.

absent
October 30th, 2005, 13:28
Originally posted by Kappe
lol :p it's on the other side of the netherlands.. Like 2 and half hour drive from my house.
But why maastricht? :P it's ok th0
I was still a kid ,early 70's....
Still remember that almost everybody rode a bicycle there.

Code_2025
October 30th, 2005, 23:04
:vhmmm:

:s4addict: