PDA

View Full Version : Need some assistance please...

incognito
October 15th, 2004, 05:11
I got an rs6 like a week ago. I drove it home from the dealership, turned it off for like 30 hour and then back on again....the MIL/check engine light was on. I brought it back to the dealership that i bought it at and the guy said they werent really RS certified or whatever...How would they be able to sell a car that they cant even check on??? I made an appointment with another dealership and it was scheduled at like dec 20th.. I think this is bullshit. Any opinions?

Wang
October 15th, 2004, 06:12
Depending where you are, you should be able to get service from the list of RS6 certified dealers. Call Audi, they'll give you a list. Call them anyways and let them know of your issues with your selling dealer. Is your car certified preowned or brand new??. Only certified dealers can sell new ones and service them.

Good luck.:addict:

incognito
October 15th, 2004, 07:03
I live in New York... I got my car in New Jersey though, certified preowned, came with 1,600 miles on it...

You guys know any numbers for audi, i saw some numbers posted somewhere (i think it had something to do with an rs6 number or someshit) but yea...should i just email or call audi or is their a number where i would get better customer service and where the person will realize the car costs 80,000 dollars and only a little over 800 are made...Thanks for the help

Aronis
October 15th, 2004, 19:24
RS6 dealers are supposed to all have technical chase cars for the RS6.

If you call a certified RS6 dealer with a problem such as yours they should have a chase car ready to go with all the diagnostic abilities of the shop.

So, go to the road side somewhere, call them, tell them it's not running right and they should send a 'chase car' to your site to diagnose it.

At least that is what I was told before I got my RS6.

It may be bullshit....

Mike

by the way, any vag-com software at any VW, Audi or Porsche dealership can READ the error codes at least....

Sometimes it something very simple.

nyrs6
October 15th, 2004, 20:14
Originally posted by incognito
I got an rs6 like a week ago. I drove it home from the dealership, turned it off for like 30 hour and then back on again....the MIL/check engine light was on. I brought it back to the dealership that i bought it at and the guy said they werent really RS certified or whatever...How would they be able to sell a car that they cant even check on??? I made an appointment with another dealership and it was scheduled at like dec 20th.. I think this is bullshit. Any opinions?

Which dealer was this?

incognito
October 17th, 2004, 06:23
Riverside Audi......Still...the question is how can they sell me a RS6 without having someone able to check the car completely and the right way.

Aronis
October 17th, 2004, 13:46
Originally posted by incognito
Riverside Audi......Still...the question is how can they sell me a RS6 without having someone able to check the car completely and the right way.

It's probably OK for a second hand car, after all you can pick up a second hand Ferrari from a car lot......and many used car lots don't do any service.

Just get your car to a certified RS6 dealer and get it checked out thoroughly.

Mike

I should talk, I HATE bringing my car in for service, I don't trust them LOL.

Hy Octane
October 17th, 2004, 17:44
Just a thought. Did you check the gas cap? If not fastened securely it will cause the CEL to lite. Does the car run ok other than that?
There are several New Yawkers here who should be able to steer you to an RS6 tech. GL ..

GoFastKindaGuy
October 17th, 2004, 21:22
New RS6s also come with an "Audi Advocate." Call mine, Mark Kellums: 866-892-2834 and ask him for direction. Tell him a Wisconsin Audi loyalist, named Fred, sent you.

:incar: He should lead you to a good service outlet.