PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Do it yourself ECU upgrade

NWRS6
October 14th, 2004, 06:01
Hi all:

Some new developments on the ECU tuning front. GIAC has released it's handheld flashloader:

Basically, the handheld flashloader plugs into the OBD II port and you press a button. A few minutes later, your ECU is flashed with new software: 520 hp/520lb torque. Should you so desire, press another button and the car returns to stock: "only" 450 hp/415 lb torque.

The flashloader is an extra $150 on top of the RS6 software ($2,000). The tiptronic chip is required for GIAC ($595) but cannot be flashed - a spare transmission ECU can always be purchased.

Benefits of flashloader:

1) Return to stock anytime you want
2) Does not trip flash counter in your ECU
3) No need to physically remove your ECU and its tamper proof bolts

Very very interesting......

QuattroFan
October 14th, 2004, 14:43
I'm pretty sure it is not a 'self-flasher' You will still have to visit the tuner to have the code initially loaded onto the ECU. The flashloader will allow you to switch between different maps.

nene
October 14th, 2004, 15:17
That sounds pretty cool.

I'm wondering if you can use your own VAG tool to flash it up the first time around.

UrQ
October 14th, 2004, 16:48
Any one install the GIAC chip, if so any observations ?

NWRS6
October 14th, 2004, 17:25
You are correct. The GIAC dealer needs to flash it for you the first time around as they require your VIN number in order to make the codes compatible or something like that.

Afterwards, you CAN flash it yourself with the loader. The loader will actually hold the programs themselves.

I have already installed the tip software. Will be doing the flashloader this Saturday and provide a full report and pics.

For you Porsche Turbo guys, GIAC is also in the process of releasing this flashloader for the 996TT within the next 60-90 days.

It will be interesting to see how the RS6 fares agains a stock 996TT. Stock 996 TT vs stock: 996TT wins hands down. I expect that a chipped RS6 will run even. We'll know sooon enough.....

Nordschleife
October 14th, 2004, 17:44
good luck with your warranty claims!

avdh
October 15th, 2004, 08:43
Revo has something very similar to that.

Aronis
October 15th, 2004, 19:06
EXCELLENT.

:0:

rs6_newyork
October 18th, 2004, 23:06
sounds great.

Shame my GIAC experience, with the + flash, was awful.

The program screwed up my car but good:

cold start stalls (ignition - into D - stall)
random hesitations on lazy cruise
hesitations when hot
some tip oddness i could never put my finger on.
increased gas consumption
better quarter mile speed
more torqe esp. in first gear

after uber hassles with the giac dealer, I had it reversed and refunded. Even on the drive home, the car immediately felt perfect again:

cold start stalls gone away
zero hesitations over the last 1000 miles
perfect tip function again
better gas consumption

And, best of all, despite what I thought after getting "spoiled" with 40 extra whp, i'm not noticing the missing hp and have no desire to try OCT or anything.

audirs6sport
October 19th, 2004, 09:31
Originally posted by avdh
Revo has something very similar to that.

Yes, but even better. With their SPS3 unit, you have the ability to change boost and timing. =) Anyone know how much it costs to purchase an additional TCM for the RS6?

Jack
October 19th, 2004, 19:09
Originally posted by audirs6sport
Anyone know how much it costs to purchase an additional TCM for the RS6?

~ $700 retail.

NWRS6
October 20th, 2004, 01:48
Here's a pic of a spare TCM with all the part numbers should you need to order it.

Nordschleife
October 20th, 2004, 17:22
1. Now try getting it.
2. Now code it to your car.
3. Ask an Audi dealer for help.

NWRS6
October 20th, 2004, 19:58
1. It was not hard to get.
2. It does not need to be coded. Simple plug and play. Tried it and it works perfectly. Hooked it up to VAG - no codes thrown.
3. No help needed from Audi dealer

Nordschleife
October 20th, 2004, 20:28
Originally posted by NWRS6
1. It was not hard to get.
2. It does not need to be coded. Simple plug and play. Tried it and it works perfectly. Hooked it up to VAG - no codes thrown.
3. No help needed from Audi dealer

That only works for the Transmission CU, I should have made myself clear, I was referring to the Engine CU.

NWRS6
October 20th, 2004, 20:43
Buying a new ECU (engine) would need to be coded etc as you stated.

That is why the flash programming from GIAC is so good. The ECU does not physcially get altered or touched. Should the ECU need to be returned to stock, it can be done without tripping any fault codes or the flash counter.

Aronis
October 20th, 2004, 20:52
Is it possible that we would be able to 'flash' the transmission ECU in a similar way???

Mike

Jack
October 20th, 2004, 21:13
Originally posted by Aronis
Is it possible that we would be able to 'flash' the transmission ECU in a similar way???

Mike

No, not feasible at this time, and probably never, according to those in the know.

NWRS6
October 20th, 2004, 21:19
HI:

No, the transmission chip needs to be soldered on. Should the dealer ever look at the chipped TCU, they will know it was altered.

So, if you do not have a spare TCU, your warranty can still be voided;

Scenario 1 - Without spare TCU

Let's say your engine/transmission needs to be repaired. You flash your ECU back to stock. Although the ECU reads stock, if the dealer sees your chipped TCU, they can still blame the problem on the chipped TCU.

Scenario 2 - Spare TCU

Flash ECU back to stock, and replace chipped TCU with spare stock TCU. NOTHING will indicate that your car was EVER chipped.

Other tuner's such as MTM, OCt. APR achilles heel is this warranty concern. GIAC flash programming is the only one that will not trip the flash counter - this is very important.

Consider you flashed your ECU with APR 4 times. Your dealer see this but know that they never flashed your ECU...."red flag"....car was chipped. This is again why I stress the GIAC program is so good in terms of a warranty standpoint.

Nordschleife
October 20th, 2004, 21:40
For all the effort you put into 'fooling the dealer', why not just build a decent relationship.
What you are talking about is called cheating. It costs the manufacturer money he should not have to pay. This means that measures are taken to reduce warranty costs. It is no coincidence that the current S4 and the next RS4 do not have turbos, that is the best way to stop cheats modifying engines.
R+C

NWRS6
October 20th, 2004, 22:55
So...R+C...do you always obey the speed limit, pay all your taxes, never ever cheated in school, always ensure that the parking meter is paid etc. etc....PLEASE........take your high and mighty morals somewhere else........

Do you think manufacturers are honourable? Please....

Take the E46 M3 engines...they constanstly broke down and initial M3 owners had to pay for new engines until the bad press was such that BMW was forced to honour all engine claims and extend the warranty to 100,000 km.

EVERYBODY CHEATS..in some form or another....including YOU R+C.

You should also know, a good relationship with a dealer is moot if Audi AG says otherwise. Are you so foolish to think a good relationship will entail a dealer to jeapordise their relationship with the manufacturer over a client who chipped their car?

SpinEcho
October 20th, 2004, 23:52
Although I have objected to Nord's ideas of "building a relationship" with the dealer before, I have to agree with his point about chipping. It IS cheating. That being said, I am a hypocrite, as I have chipped before.

I don't think I'll ever have a warm and fuzzy feeling about my dealer, nor do I expect the dealer or manufacturer to ever do anything other than try to make a profit off me. That's the way it works.

NWRS6
October 21st, 2004, 01:59
What can I say.....everybody cheats. I cheat but i ain't gonna get all high and mighty and criticize other members about it. Heck, the average dealer cheats much more than your average joe.

Take the upgraded ceramic brakes on my 996TT. When I paid BIG$$$$ for them, Porsche stated that they would last 3 times as long as regular brakes and that they were "made" for the track.

After 1 event, my ceramics were cracked and had to be replaced at $5,000 per rotor!!!! I had to pay!!!! Guess who was cheating? The manufacturer! Now, their literature has changed to "not suitable for track use"!!! In fact, now I have just gone back to regular brakes on the 996TT.

How about Audi...the brakes on the RS6 are definitely flawed...look at all the brakes that fail on the euro RS6's that were tracked. Heck, even Audi had spare brakes on hand when they did press events on the RS6 at the track. Audi stresses ALL scheduled maintenance for 4 years...guess what, all 2004 models and up are now only allowed 1 brake job. Who is cheating who now?

Point is...everybody cheats. Like it or not. I am certainly not going to feel bad about chipping via flashing, and keeping it to myself.

On that note, here's a pic of that "cheating" flashloader:

rdpg_Oktane
October 21st, 2004, 03:39
Originally posted by Nordschleife
For all the effort you put into 'fooling the dealer', why not just build a decent relationship.
What you are talking about is called cheating. It costs the manufacturer money he should not have to pay. This means that measures are taken to reduce warranty costs. It is no coincidence that the current S4 and the next RS4 do not have turbos, that is the best way to stop cheats modifying engines.
R+C

we should give a damm about the car industries "unfair costs" or whatever...

the only thing that they have in mind is money, nothing more.

they cheat us saying to the media that they produce cars to be "the ultimate driving machine" and other bullshit, but the only thing that matters is that they sell as many units they can.

take a look at Porshe. Introduced the Cayenne SUV that goes againt a hole "super-car" tradition, with only one aim: the US market. That´s disrespect, if I was a porsche ownner I´d be dispointed, like so many are.

What about the //M cars? They become each time heavyer, less "go-kart" feel, more eltronic gismos, lauch control, etc = they wanna get the cadilac and others shit-cars consumers in. zero respect with the "purists".

and also check the prices of genuine parts in the authorized deallers. it´s a crime to pay 10 times more just to have OEM parts.

for me it´s 100% bullshit that "honest" speech. If one day they respect me, I may respect them.

Nordschleife
October 21st, 2004, 20:43
If you have a problem with a dealer or manufacturer, deal with the problem.
Don't use it as an excuse to be dishonest.
I know that people who dealt with Porsche on a reasonable basis received satisfactory settlements with respect to the PCCB brakes.

You justification for cheating is juvenile, it does not hold up. You know perfectly well that one perceived wrong does not excuse another, and if you don't you ought to.

The car industry passes 'unfair costs' back to the customer body as a whole, so yes, we should care about it, it affectsd the cars we get to drive tomorrow.

I have said before that my experience has been good, largely, I expect, because I discuss any modifications with the manufacturer. So I have had turbos, downpipes, gearboxes replaced, under warranty, when the cars have been modified.

R+C

Bauer
October 22nd, 2004, 02:13
Nord,

I have made EXTENSIVE efforts to build such a relationship with my dealership over the past few YEARS. Spending time getting to know the people who help me and build those relationships, personal notes, thank you's and even an ocassional friendly gift certificate to a local resturant when I felt it was warranted.

After ALL OF THIS I can tell you with great CONFIDENCE that my warranty would be voided no matter what. I have talked freely about the possibility of tuning the car and the response from the dealer has ALWAYS been, "if we find it we will report it".

Now I may have been wasting my time with the wrong dealership in trying to build this relationship. My point is that if you have just one dealer close to you then you are pretty much stuck.....I have tried VERY hard to no avial. So I will not be tuning my RS6 even though I would like to. I have had some problems and I don't want to take any chances. So truthfully it is not as easy as having a frank discussion with your dealer and them saying "sounds great, lets do it".

Even if the dealer said sure, then they would not be truthfull with AoA. And I have a pretty good feeling AoA would not be too excited about the modifications that were made to your car, if they found out. It may work differently in Europe with regards to how dealers, Audi AG, Audi UK and others see their high dollar customers. It may be acceptable for these European entities to pay the warranty claims on modified cars. Because it is part of the "norm" for these types of clients and too keep them happy they may see this as an acceptable cost. Here in the US it seems to me it does not work like that. If the dealer looks the other way then they are lying to AoA so is it now off my shoulders if they are lying to AoA but I am not lying to them???

I have noticed on this board that people in Europe tend to modify their cars with little concern as apposed to their US counterparts. This would lead me to belive that there is a difference.

Cheers,

SpinEcho
October 22nd, 2004, 03:32
Amen, Bauer.

There was a post a while back where Nordschleife talked about his special relationship with the dealer, testing cars etc. Nord, do you seriously think we are all in your position, or could be if we wanted to be? You are living in an ivory tower when it comes to this part of your comments.

JAXRS6
October 22nd, 2004, 04:54
Just thought I'd point out you are talking about two different entities, on two different continents. Nord brought up his relationships with manufacturers in Europe, while Bauer is discussing dealers in the US.

Earlier Nord did mention the importance of building dealer relationships. I don't know for sure but I suspect there are differences in doing that, Europe vs. the US. For one thing, warranties are different (e.g. only two years in UK but they allow modified ECU programming or "chips" from one mfr, compared to 4 yrs but no chip in US). For another, I'd wager that the technicians in Europe are much better trained, or maybe they're just smarter, than here. At least I hope so!

And, I know from experience that US dealers sometimes are at a disadvantage because Audi in Germany is so poor at communication. They didn't tell AOA that the RS6 main engine crank pulley is the same as in the 2.7T engine, which caused my car to sit on a dealer hoist for a month needlessly. But until that reason came out, weeks after the work finally was completed, it was the dealer and AOA who looked bad -- even tho the fault was in Germmany.

As for Porsche, there are two sides to that story. Yes, purists were upset at the debut of the Cayenne. The flip side is that many of those who look at Porsche as a business say it would be OUT of business of it continued to offer only sports cars. If true, where would purists turn then?

SpinEcho
October 22nd, 2004, 13:01
Originally posted by JAXRS6
For one thing, warranties are different (e.g. only two years in UK but they allow modified ECU programming or "chips" from one mfr, compared to 4 yrs but no chip in US).

Can any of our UK members confirm this? I was not aware that Audi UK officially permitted ECU programming. If you are talking about individual dealers, that doesn't count, and I would still tend to agree with Bauer's comments! And as I've said before, Audi is Audi. We should quit making excuses for AoA - it is part of the parent corporation, and it is ultimately the parent corporation's job to ensure we are treated well, no matter where we are living.

iconcls
October 22nd, 2004, 14:50
I echo what Bauer, Spin and JAX say, it's a whole different game stateside. If I ECU tuned my car, even with my dealers blessing--and I do have a great relationship with my dealer, purchased 4 Audis in 4 years from them-- I would be on the hook for the things you (Nordo) have had covered, turbos, gearbox, et al. Even if they did cover it, it would be by them being disingenuous with AoA, so in the end, we've only shifted the dishonesty.

Europeans in general, and you in particular, seem to be in a much better position to tune your cars and retain full warranty coverage.

However, if you want to give me the name of a dealer in the Chi metro area that will work with me on tuning AND keep my warranty, I'm certainly ready to start cultivating a relationship.

JAXRS6
October 22nd, 2004, 16:42
Originally posted by SpinEcho
Can any of our UK members confirm this? I was not aware that Audi UK officially permitted ECU programming.

Here's where I got some of that info. Scroll down to an exchange between Dave, Nord, then Dave again...starting with Dave's third post:

http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1101&highlight=UK+warranty

gregoryindiana
October 22nd, 2004, 17:09
Threads like this go on and on.

Nordschleife is correct when he says that trying to chip/ modify your cars, and then trying to hide it from the manufacturer when the mod causes mechanical failure later, is in fact cheating. Sooner or later, we all pay; either cars we like aren't made, as in turbo cars that lend themselves to mods, or prices go up to reflect what the manufacturers perceive as their margin to cover their a$$es if an undetected mod comes back on them.

If you want to mod a car, be man enough to do it and not hide it. If you have a problem with the car later as a result, then pay from your pwn pocket, as you should. If doing that with an RS6 is too expensive for you, then leave your RS6 stock, and use your WRX for your test mule.

By the same token, manufacturers should be held to the standard they set for themselves when they sell the car. If they say 3 years paid maintenance, and your customer takes the car to driving schools you help sponsor and endorse, and melts his brakes, then you should expect to cover those costs for the 3 years, or buy out his warranty for an up front price.

I have modded both a 1986 Audi 5000TQ, and a 1994 Ur S4. Each was out of, or nearly, out of warranty. If I had had a corrosion problem with the body, I would have expected Audi to honor that portion of the warranty, since the mods didn't affect that system. Same with the radio, for example. But not the trans, or the diff, or the clutch, just for obvious reasons.

I have no special relationship with any auto manufacturer, but I do have some common sense. If more of us exercised that, this would be open and shut.

Benman
October 22nd, 2004, 17:20

How about Audi...the brakes on the RS6 are definitely flawed...look at all the brakes that fail on the euro RS6's that were tracked. Heck, even Audi had spare brakes on hand when they did press events on the RS6 at the track. Audi stresses ALL scheduled maintenance for 4 years...guess what, all 2004 models and up are now only allowed 1 brake job. Who is cheating who now?

This is true. But because of the fact I did leave my brakes stock I have had the front pads changed twice and the rear pads once at no cost to me (over $2,000.00 otherwise!). So I can see where Nordschleife is coming from.

On the flip side what Bauer states is 100% correct. I have been building on a relationship with my dealer since before I ever even took delivery. I bought the Service Manager German beer, brought the whole department bagels and cream cheese every time I bring the Beast in for service (after all some bagels and beer are a heck of alot cheaper than paying for all the maintenance myself). And so far I am not one inch closer to being able to modify my car with the dealers permission than when I started. Now wether this makes it right or not for me to chip is up to the individual but as Bauer states it's just not worth the chance.

As JAXRS6 says, maybe it's just different in Europe with Audi than here with AOA. Or maybe it's not! Take Frank Beddor. Now I'm certainly not bad mouthing the founder of the quattro club but I'd BET DARN GOOD MONEY that he has never had to pay ONE SINGLE DIME of his own $$$ on a warranty claim. And yet he freely publishes that his RS 6 is modded to the EXTREME by MTM! Heck, it was HIS CAR that was in Car & Driver's Super Car Shootout!

I think it comes down to the fact that us "common" owners get treated alot different than the "special" ones. And I think that that is the unfare bit.

Just my 2 cents:cheers:

Ben:addict: Forever!

BTW, the WRX test mule is a good idea as long as you don't mind voiding THAT warranty:D

JAXRS6
October 22nd, 2004, 18:57
Originally posted by gregoryindiana
If you want to mod a car, be man enough to do it and not hide it. If you have a problem with the car later as a result, then pay from your pwn pocket, as you should. If doing that with an RS6 is too expensive for you, then leave your RS6 stock, and use your WRX for your test mule.

Write on! :thumb: All I can add to this is that there are plenty of older Audis which work better as a track car than the RS6. They are much cheaper to maintain and you're not out beaucoup bucks if you hit something (tho fixing any German car isn't cheap).

Re Nord and Beddor getting special treatment, it's not like they are just joy riding. They are providing valuable input to the mfr, who obviously respects them for their expertise and talent. Since I don't have that expertise and talent to offer, I don't think it's unfair that they get special treatment -- because they are providing a valuable service to the mfr in return.

Bauer
October 22nd, 2004, 19:44
They are providing valuable input to the mfr, who obviously respects them for their expertise and talent. Since I don't have that expertise and talent to offer, I don't think it's unfair that they get special treatment -- because they are providing a valuable service to the mfr in return.

I would gladly give AoA input on my car if I modified it. I would not consider myself an expert however, I have been a very serious Audi fan and have tried to take the time to learn all I can. I do have personal experience with replacing engines, transmission, ect on Audis. I do not have extensive tuning knowladge but I am working on that:D :D.

and use your WRX for your test mule.

or S4:D :D. That is the reason I got mine. It is a better platform then the RS6 for tracking but not the best.

Still I wouldn't mind an extra 100 ftlbs and 70 hp on the RS6:hahahehe: :incar: but not at the expense of jepordizing my warranty.

Cheers,

JAXRS6
October 22nd, 2004, 19:54
Originally posted by Bauer
S4... is a better platform then the RS6 for tracing

Actually, the platform for the B5 S4 (thru '01) is the same as the platform for the RS6. It's just stretched, a la A8 to A8 L. The differences are in length for the platform and weight, a lot, for the the whole car.

There may be some other differences too, but I'm fairly certain that the Passat, A4 and A6 all came from the same basic platform, with the Passat being the only one not yet replaced (in the US at least). That's what I read about the platforms in the late 90s, and that was the answer given when I asked why the rear seat door frames of my 2000 S4 are the same distance apart as on the RS6. But next time I talk to my owner advocate I'll ask, just to make sure.

Benman
October 22nd, 2004, 20:02
Actually, the platform for the B5 S4 (thru '01) is the same as the platform for the RS6. The differences are in length for the platform and weight, a lot, for the the whole car.

I think the implied meaning was that a used S4 is
A: cheaper (MAIN reason)
B: lighter
C: Not a daily driver
D: Not under warranty
E: Does not have a $40K+ motor, (please see D:D ):cheers:
Ben:addict:

Aronis
October 22nd, 2004, 20:11
I'd like to add that a few years back, perhaps still, BMW allowed Dinan Mods to be done, even through some dealers.

It is sad though that the brakes are such an issue on a car that is supposed to be a real sports sedan. Audi should replace the brakes on an RS6, tracked or not, for the entire warrantee period, or perhaps offer (at little or no charge) to do the swap for the Porche parts mod by Movit.

My dealer said they would do the install on a movit system and just charge the usual hourly rate. They said it would not void any warrantee accept of course the Movit parts D'ooh, but those parts are 100% Porsche(there an s in there somewhere) parts, and thus easily replaced (rotor, caliper, pads).

but is 7 grand or so for all 4 ...:)

Bauer
October 22nd, 2004, 20:15

Still is, but I won't be taking the car in for any driveline work....but other stuff I will untill the warranty is done.

Cheers,

Benman
October 22nd, 2004, 20:31
Originally posted by Bauer
Still is, but I won't be taking the car in for any driveline work....but other stuff I will untill the warranty is done.

Cheers,
Didn't notice the 01:blush: What's the production date?

JAXRS6
October 22nd, 2004, 20:35
Originally posted by Benman
I think the implied meaning was that a used S4 is
A: cheaper (MAIN reason)
B: lighter
C: Not a daily driver
E: Does not have a $40K+ motor, (please see D:D ):cheers:
Ben:addict:

Amen to that!:thumb: I hated to give up my chipped S4 (31K mi with APR & no problems), but I haven't tracked for a couple of years & had no garage space for it long term, so I let it go...with an extended service contract transferred to the new buyer. He got a helluva car, I got some money, but I'm still sad about it. Zipping around the 'hood was fun in such a nimble torque monster, but I couldn't justify the ongoing expense (insurance, performance tires, depreciation, etc.).:cry:especially with another, slightly larger and much classier torque monster sitting next to it.:rs6kiss:

Benman
October 22nd, 2004, 20:38
I got some money, but I'm still sad about it. Zipping around the 'hood was fun in such a nimble torque monster, but I couldn't justify the ongoing expense (insurance, performance tires, depreciation, etc.).:cry:
I've driven in several modded S4s. Every time always a good time!
Shame you had to sell.:cry:

7:53 RS6
October 22nd, 2004, 20:57
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well i did buy a new set of rotors front. And as all produkts there are good and bad sampels. This time i got the bad, after say 3000-4000km they got whraped. And of course Audi did change for free. My old rotors was fine for a long time.

Even useing this bad rotor is not a problem they work fine but of course its not a great feeling when breaking this rotor cold, its big vibrations going thru the front end of car and up to steringwheel. But it do not breake bad for this reason and i just change cuse i now Audi will do for free in this exat matter.

Now when this thing happens to AMS at a track day i wisited a AMS guy said OHHHH the breakes is destroyed now on this RS6 Plus we cant drive it more. Sure you can i said and take it out on track and smashed som heat in to the rotors to say the least, and all is gone while they are hot. Nead i to say the Plus was out on track all the rest of that day!
My point is when even AMS react like this of course the peopel out there paying almost 100 000eur get the word started. And of course they should get ther rotor replaced by Audi if it happend to a farley new rotor. But its not the same as the breakes is shit and dont work, they do.

Now i have tracked my car a lot and i have never faded my breakes(exept when using R-tiers). They have never stopped to work for me in street or on track. Never! so what is so bad about them? Sure the stock pads are to soft fore inspierd driving, like they are almost on every car out ther. Sure stock pads crack and rotors are geting stress cracks and geting blue,but this is normal if driving a bit hard.

And its still working. Change to Motul 600 and steeal line and harder pads, not saying that the car is now geting to stopp in a shorter distance(meters). But the setup can take more heat. And bite and feel and confidence when driving a 2 toner is much better now if driving inspierd.

And of course Audi have extra brake kit in an press event at track driving a 2 toner. This days its so many different guys driving and one thing is fore sure, they have very, very drifferent skills and nowhow about tracking.
Espesally tracing a 2 toner. And to be frank many i guess is not really listening to the cars signal or saying a day like this. Its not to much coling down laps a day like this. I know it, been to some. And Audi as you say know, or else they did not nead to take the spare breake kit along!
Its wery easy to overbreake even the best breake kit, more hard to make a not that good but anyway ok to last! Im not saying that its no better breakes out ther, it is fore sure i know. But on a a 2 toner they work really good in my mind.

Back to topic! I know peopel at AUDI so i could tune and getaway with it if something did happen. Call it good relations or what ever. But its not that AUDI shop wher my contact is that will pay its Head of AUDI or? Corect me if wrong.

And Nord this is going ways around the system aswell?cheating as well? Or do your contact at your place pay your gear box from that dealer place? And listed in ther boks. Or is it AUDI the head office or whats it called that in the end pay it?.

iconcls
October 22nd, 2004, 22:02
Originally posted by gregoryindiana
If you want to mod a car, be man enough to do it and not hide it. If you have a problem with the car later as a result, then pay from your pwn pocket, as you should.

All true, but I know for a fact many STOCK RS 6's have needed turbo and tranny replacements; culpability lies in a gray area.

Chip it and see
October 22nd, 2004, 22:11
Actually, the platform for the B5 S4 (thru '01) is the same as the platform for the RS6. It's just stretched, a la A8 to A8 L. The differences are in length for the platform and weight, a lot, for the the whole car.

There may be some other differences too, but I'm fairly certain that the Passat, A4 and A6 all came from the same basic platform, with the Passat being the only one not yet replaced (in the US at least). That's what I read about the platforms in the late 90s, and that was the answer given when I asked why the rear seat door frames of my 2000 S4 are the same distance apart as on the RS6. But next time I talk to my owner advocate I'll ask, just to make sure.

the A4 and A6 were NOT the same platform car, the A4 and Passat were, not anymore..

Platform engineering is a term used very loosely in the auto industry......don't ever put too much stock in that term

:)

rdpg_Oktane
October 22nd, 2004, 23:45
Originally posted by Nordschleife
If you have a problem with a dealer or manufacturer, deal with the problem.
Don't use it as an excuse to be dishonest.
I know that people who dealt with Porsche on a reasonable basis received satisfactory settlements with respect to the PCCB brakes.

You justification for cheating is juvenile, it does not hold up. You know perfectly well that one perceived wrong does not excuse another, and if you don't you ought to.

The car industry passes 'unfair costs' back to the customer body as a whole, so yes, we should care about it, it affectsd the cars we get to drive tomorrow.

I have said before that my experience has been good, largely, I expect, because I discuss any modifications with the manufacturer. So I have had turbos, downpipes, gearboxes replaced, under warranty, when the cars have been modified.

R+C

If you read the car manual and the warranty terms you can see that a good or bad ralation with the dellaer does not matter.

If you MOD the car, you will loose warranty. Use ONLY stock parts or say goodbie to your warranty.

And i´m sure that you "friendly" dealler will not pay for the costs of a broken gearbox, for an example. The will probably claim for warranty and let Audi AG pay for it all, and lie to them sayin you car is stock. and hope that they will keep they´re word, so you will have to pay for it.

7:53 RS6
October 23rd, 2004, 07:37
Originally posted by rdpg_Oktane
If you read the car manual and the warranty terms you can see that a good or bad ralation with the dellaer does not matter.

If you MOD the car, you will loose warranty. Use ONLY stock parts or say goodbie to your warranty.

And i´m sure that you "friendly" dealler will not pay for the costs of a broken gearbox, for an example. The will probably claim for warranty and let Audi AG pay for it all, and lie to them sayin you car is stock. and hope that they will keep they´re word, so you will have to pay for it.

This is exatley what i wanted to say at the end of my my above post. This is the way i could do it as well as a have good contacts at some places, but it cheating as well. Im not really puting any values in this thing but i can say im not sitting on any hige horses and i culd see my selv in NWRS6 and Nord situation if a would tune and have problems. And i do speeding and walking accros red man when crossing a streat some time as well :harass:

audirs6sport
November 6th, 2004, 08:43
Originally posted by Aronis

Mike

Seems like it may very be possible to do so. REVO is currently working on this project, and they plan to release beginning of next year or so. I'll keep everyone updated.