PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Lead Information

Drew
October 10th, 2004, 08:23
I'm in Los Angeles and interested in purchasing a RS6. I would appreciate any lead information for a new or low mi immaculate car.:rs6kiss:

Hy Octane
October 10th, 2004, 18:09
Try Beverly hills Porsche Audi and Santa Monica Audi as well as Pacific Audi and Keyes in Van Nuys. Not sure if they have anything but it should give you a good barometer for whats available.. Good Luck!

Drew
October 10th, 2004, 21:25
Originally posted by Hy Octane
Try Beverly hills Porsche Audi and Santa Monica Audi as well as Pacific Audi and Keyes in Van Nuys. Not sure if they have anything but it should give you a good barometer for whats available.. Good Luck!

They were my first calls a few weeks ago. Unfortunately nadda. I did find one elsewhere but price in IMO is high at 75K w/9K mi. According to my research this car should retail at low to mid 60's. As amazing as these cars are that fact that they were over 85K and not in demand the residual values are weak. Actually that's fairly true of most Audi's especially the 'S' models

Benman
October 11th, 2004, 01:35
Originally posted by Drew
They were my first calls a few weeks ago. Unfortunately nadda. I did find one elsewhere but price in IMO is high at 75K w/9K mi. According to my research this car should retail at low to mid 60's.
Welcome to the forum Drew.

Not sure what research you're reffering to but I've found that the vast majority are holding their value quite well here in the States (and I'm not complaining:D ). You should be able to find one for a little less than the $75K price that Beverly Hills was asking but don't bet on low 60's. Especially if you're expecting immaculate! All the same good luck with your search.

Ben:addict:

Drew
October 11th, 2004, 02:27
Originally posted by Benman
Welcome to the forum Drew.

Not sure what research you're reffering to but I've found that the vast majority are holding their value quite well here in the States (and I'm not complaining:D ). You should be able to find one for a little less than the $75K price that Beverly Hills was asking but don't bet on low 60's. Especially if you're expecting immaculate! All the same good luck with your search.

Ben:addict:

You may be right. However, dealers are asking inflated prices but realistically the RS6 has an extremely low residual value and dealers are not anxious about having one in their inventory. On the other hand the competition, E55 is much stronger at retail and the dealers can't get enough. A fully equipped '03 E55 is retailing at approx. 75K with 5K miles. It’s not rational that the RS6 would bring the same or near.

Bauer
October 11th, 2004, 17:46
Diablo Audi in Concord CA has a brand new Blue w silver interior sitting on their showroom floor.

I would ask for George.

(925) 682 3150

Good luck

JAXRS6
October 11th, 2004, 19:02
E55 is much stronger at retail and the dealers can't get enough. A fully equipped '03 E55 is retailing at approx. 75K with 5K miles. It’s not rational that the RS6 would bring the same or near.

Based on my experience in Florida last Spring, I would agree with you on this. But something has changed to produce these results I just checked under Used Car Appraisals at edmunds.com:

2003 E55 Dealer Retail: $66,305
2003 RS6 Dealer Retail: $70,527

My guess is that the apparent turnaround is related to supply and demand. Last Spring in FL, when I was considering other vehicles due to problems with my RS6 (since resolved), the 2003 E55 was almost sold out and 2004s were not coming until August or thereabouts. A new E55 was very hard to find, and some in the Miami area were being marked up above $100K for a dealer asking price! And that, of course, helped drive up the price of used E55s.

In the case of the RS6 at that time, however, Audi had increased its US allocation and there were plenty of cars on dealer lots.

But things have changed. Now that 2004 models have reached the market, the E55 supply has risen ... while the supply of RS6s remains constant and new ones are gone or all but gone. Unless the rules of supply and demand have changed, that would seem to explain the apparent turnarond.

Another factor might be the rising popularity of AWD, as evidenced by it now being offered on more U.S. sedans.

Drew
October 11th, 2004, 23:00
Originally posted by JAXRS6
Based on my experience in Florida last Spring, I would agree with you on this. But something has changed to produce these results I just checked under Used Car Appraisals at edmunds.com:

2003 E55 Dealer Retail: $66,305
2003 RS6 Dealer Retail: $70,527

My guess is that the apparent turnaround is related to supply and demand. Last Spring in FL, when I was considering other vehicles due to problems with my RS6 (since resolved), the 2003 E55 was almost sold out and 2004s were not coming until August or thereabouts. A new E55 was very hard to find, and some in the Miami area were being marked up above $100K for a dealer asking price! And that, of course, helped drive up the price of used E55s.

In the case of the RS6 at that time, however, Audi had increased its US allocation and there were plenty of cars on dealer lots.

But things have changed. Now that 2004 models have reached the market, the E55 supply has risen ... while the supply of RS6s remains constant and new ones are gone or all but gone. Unless the rules of supply and demand have changed, that would seem to explain the apparent turnarond.

Another factor might be the rising popularity of AWD, as evidenced by it now being offered on more U.S. sedans.

In Los Angeles you will not find a fully equipped low mi. E55 for under 74K. And yes the dealers are attempting to ask higher #'s for the RS6 but realistically they are not good at resale....Limited demand. Unsure about this comment? Call your dealer and ask him what your RS6 will REALISTICALLY bring wholesale and retail.

JAXRS6
October 12th, 2004, 01:04
In Los Angeles you will not find a fully equipped low mi. E55 for under 74K.

Interesting. I just checked AutoTrader on line and found seven 2003 model E55s listed within 100 miles of ZIP code 90210. The average price is $80,270, even higher than you suggest. The lowest price was 78K.

Then I tried to find the RS6 in the same market. There were only two, both used of course, and their average price was $81,444. The lowest price was 80K. That surprised even me.

Granted, the number of vehicles is not high enough to be statistically significant, and LA is not a typical market. Still, as an owner I found my unscientific mini-survey's results encouraging!
:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

Benman
October 12th, 2004, 01:25

Then I tried to find the RS6 in the same market. There were only two, both used of course, and their average price was $81,444. The lowest price was 80K. That surprised even me.

Well done Jax. So, unofficially, the RS 6 is the one to beat!

Drew
October 12th, 2004, 02:48
Interesting. I just checked AutoTrader on line and found seven 2003 model E55s listed within 100 miles of ZIP code 90210. The average price is $80,270, even higher than you suggest. The lowest price was 78K.

Granted, the number of vehicles is not high enough to be statistically significant, and LA is not a typical market. Still, as an owner I found my unscientific mini-survey's results encouraging!
:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

I have found two RS6's in Los Angeles with an average asking price of 75K. When I contacted one of the dealers and said I was interested in 'trading in' my RS6 for a GT3 they gave be an approx. trade in value of 55K and avised I could try to retail at 65K. Check out these on ebay. One has 1100 miles with a buy now price of $73,900. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6055&item=2493044785&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6055&item=2493331411&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Hey, I'm just the messenger and still an RS6 fan.

JAXRS6
October 12th, 2004, 04:35
OK, so I went searching for the E55 on ebay. Scanning the first few pages I could find none with a buy-it-now price, and bidding status varied widely. Most are 04 models and have zero bids with most of their 7-day listing expired; one has 8 bids, with the current $70K not meeting reserve; one 03 model has 10 bids, but the price is up to only $50K.

For me, this -- along with the other two sources I cited, making three total -- is enough to indicate the two cars have rough parity in market value. Although I recognize that in general a Benz holds its value better than an Audi, and I saw that earlier, I don't see it now when comparing 2003 models of the RS6 and E55.

Jack
October 12th, 2004, 22:30
Drew: What do you think IS a fair price for a low mileage (say under 2K miles) perfect condition RS6?

Miami RS6
October 12th, 2004, 23:44
Drew-
If your interested, I have a Misano Red/Black with 1,200 miles. I bought it a few months ago to add to my collection. The car sticked for $87,260 with warm weather package, rear/side airbags, carbon fiber, and sound enhancing exhaust......obviously the car is in IMMACULATE condition.....make me a reasonable offer.

Hy Octane
October 12th, 2004, 23:46
Dont forget. As of the 2005 model year, Mercedes is no longer offering the 4 year 50k mile warranty and free service. Its 1 yr or 15k I believe.. and after that, YOU PAY!

For me, this would tilt the bucket way towards the RS6, especially with all the problems the MB's have been having.

JAXRS6
October 13th, 2004, 00:09
Dont forget. As of the 2005 model year, Mercedes is no longer offering the 4 year 50k mile warranty and free service. Its 1 yr or 15k I believe.. and after that, YOU PAY!

For me, this would tilt the bucket way towards the RS6, especially with all the problems the MB's have been having.

Excellent point! And, Drew, I'm sorry if I seemed to be trying to buck your effort, but I know a lot of other people browse these forums & I just wanted to post what I found. If my conclusion seems a little fuzzy...well, it was late. I shoulda shut up and gone to bed.

For what it's worth, there were references to RS6s being available around $70K new a few weeks ago in some threads at the rs6 forum for audiworld.com So, maybe there are still some deals!

audirs6sport
October 13th, 2004, 05:45

Yes, starting with the dynamic seats lumbar support problem, the car tends to swerve to the right. There is no fix for that at the moment! I was actually considering upon trading in the RS6 for an E55 amg... What was I thinking!! :doh:

GmbHouse
October 13th, 2004, 17:22
"In Los Angeles you will not find a fully equipped low mi. E55 for under 74K. And yes the dealers are attempting to ask higher #'s for the RS6 but realistically they are not good at resale....Limited demand. Unsure about this comment? Call your dealer and ask him what your RS6 will REALISTICALLY bring wholesale and retail."

Drew - If this is true why do you need our help finding you a cheap one? I guess the law of supply and demand does work.

Drew
October 13th, 2004, 17:33
Originally posted by Miami RS6
Drew-
If your interested, I have a Misano Red/Black with 1,200 miles. I bought it a few months ago to add to my collection. The car sticked for $87,260 with warm weather package, rear/side airbags, carbon fiber, and sound enhancing exhaust......obviously the car is in IMMACULATE condition.....make me a reasonable offer.

Can't do the Misano Red, but thank you.

Miami RS6
October 13th, 2004, 17:35
No problem, good luck on your search.

Drew
October 13th, 2004, 17:37
Originally posted by Jack
Drew: What do you think IS a fair price for a low mileage (say under 2K miles) perfect condition RS6?

Approx. 68K. Jack, didn't you have a GT2 for sale?

Jack
October 13th, 2004, 17:47
Approx. 68K. I'll assume you didn't sell your GT3?

No, I've still got the GT3 -- did sell the GT2 to make room for the new arrival....:eek:

http://jackspictures.com/images/360%20Challenge%20Stradale/360CS-front-side-new.jpg

iconcls
October 13th, 2004, 17:54
Originally posted by GmbHouse
Drew - If this is true why do you need our help finding you a cheap one? I guess the law of supply and demand does work.

Exactly, this is kinda the point isn't it.

Drew
October 13th, 2004, 20:10
Originally posted by Jack
No, I've still got the GT3 -- did sell the GT2 to make room for the new arrival....:eek:

http://jackspictures.com/images/360%20Challenge%20Stradale/360CS-front-side-new.jpg

Yep, were all in the same circle.....F-Chat, Meridian, Watt and now you have a new driver in the club. I just sold Watt's neighbor Charles my 360. I'm in the market for a Stradale.

Nordschleife
October 13th, 2004, 20:15
you might be better off with a 430 than a 360 CS. Horsepower from the 360 CS is often not up to specification.
R+C

Drew
October 13th, 2004, 20:22
Originally posted by Nordschleife
you might be better off with a 430 than a 360 CS. Horsepower from the 360 CS is often not up to specification.
R+C

It's not just about HP rating. More interested in the overall driving charteristics of the car. Also not interested in a 1st. year model car that will also command a serious premium.

Benman
October 14th, 2004, 04:30
It's not just about HP rating. More interested in the overall driving charteristics of the car. Also not interested in a 1st. year model car that will also command a serious premium.
But doesn't the Stradale comand a serious premium?:confused:

Drew
October 14th, 2004, 05:16
Originally posted by Benman
But doesn't the Stradale comand a serious premium?:confused:

Only new with delivery miles. Typically a pre owned with approx. 1.5+K mi. can be had for MSRP. And with 4+K is below MSRP. Unfortunately its all about miles with a Ferrari. When the 430 arrives one can expect a 20-40+K premium unless you place an order and wait approx. 3 yrs.