PDA

View Full Version : Samsung E700 was good, but what do you think of the SE P910i?

Klint
October 4th, 2004, 17:19
Looks like the E700 took too much of a beating at the weekend, so it's due for a new phone, I think I'm a SE kinda guy.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_loader&php=php1_10183&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10183

Anyone with experience of this phone/PDA?

Klint
October 13th, 2004, 13:40
Guys,

I've gone with the P910i on order, with a good price to match... should take delivery within the next 7-10days. :D

cyberkallen
October 13th, 2004, 17:16
I've had my P900 for a year now, and it's the best phone I've ever had. Too bad it only comes with GSM. I guess the P910 will be even better.

Klint
October 18th, 2004, 16:14
Got it, didn't realise it was next day delivery. :D

Briliant Phone, but more biased towards PDA than phone.

It has encounted a couple programme errors and it is failing to synch with the computer at all, or even be recognised....

Klint
November 28th, 2004, 13:12
Now I've had it for a while I think I'll give it a little review...

It's good! I'd give it a 8 out of 10 as a whole package.

The biggest gripe with it is the scroller, it acts as the button to change the function of the Communicam, making it far too easily to swap from Video to Picture by accident.

Function wise, it's good, I hardly ever use 75-80% of the function, mainly the bluetooth synch, pictures, videos and the good old phone calls gets used on a regular basis.

I don't think I could go back to a normal phone that doesn't have a touch screen/stylus, do to the simplisity.

Battery life has also exceeded my expectations, I can go for two to three days without a re-charge and that's with modeate to heavy useage.

Build quality, the QWERTY keyboard on the underside of the flip down keypad is abit too small for my chubby fingers, I don't think I've ever used it. The phone has also survived someaccidental drops and it appears they haven't affected the phones performance one bit.

It has the typical Sony Ericcson credentials. :thumb: