PDA

View Full Version : Pls help on wheel spec

minimad
October 2nd, 2004, 18:03
I am thinking to order HRE or Volk Racing wheels. Both could custom any size for customers. (only for limited models from Volk Racing).

Anyone knows exact spec of Audi 19" 5 spokes wheels. Because I don't want to use any spacers if possible.

GoFastKindaGuy
October 3rd, 2004, 21:16
The stock 8.5 inch width x 18 inch diameter wheel is a +35mm offset.

When I wemt tp 9x19 Kinesis, I used a +25mm offset. This kept the inside rim face about .125 inches farther from the inside fender than the stock location to insure fender clearance.

GoFastKindaGuy
October 3rd, 2004, 21:23
By the way, I love the look of the HRE545 wheel. If you haven't already, check out the gallery on this forum for lots of great alternatives.

nene
October 4th, 2004, 00:05
The earlier post if for replica wheel specs, but they are the same for the real thing.

<a href="http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4117&highlight=wheel+offset">Check specs here</a>

gjg
October 5th, 2004, 13:57
here are the wheel specs for RS6+ from the Audi tech docs as delivered with the car:

8.5 J x 18 ET 30
9 J x 19 ET 35
7.5 J x 18 ET 20

hope this helps

gg

minimad
October 6th, 2004, 02:10
Originally posted by gjg
here are the wheel specs for RS6+ from the Audi tech docs as delivered with the car:

8.5 J x 18 ET 30
9 J x 19 ET 35
7.5 J x 18 ET 20

hope this helps

gg

Thanks! I am interested in Volk Racing wheels -- Forged Mag Spoke (Forged Magnesium Disk/Forged Aluminum Rim for Reverse Rim)http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/indexe.html , pls chk Product => Wheels => Volk Racing
hope they can fit.

R Revolution
October 7th, 2004, 06:43
Keep in mind that if it is HRE/IForged/DPE/CCW or any of those custom made wheel companies. You won't need spacers or have to do any modifications to your vehicle, mainly because those wheels are custom made to fit your vehicle perfectly.

Of course, theonly downside to the custom made vehicles is the time wait.

If you have any other questions let me know. :D

minimad
October 12th, 2004, 03:12
Originally posted by GoFastKindaGuy
By the way, I love the look of the HRE545 wheel. If you haven't already, check out the gallery on this forum for lots of great alternatives.

I like HRE 5 series, too. In fact, I think HRE 542R is more ferver to me.
The problem is, the shinny 3 pieces beauty can not handle the road condition well. There are quite a few HRE wheels had leaking problem among friends. Not seriously damaged, but you have to chk tyre pressure quite often to keep fast car safe. I don't mean to blamish the quailty of HRE, I just don't think three pieces design is strong enough to keep up with Taipei's road quality. Have you seen 3 pieces wheels on WRC cars? :hihi:

I probably will consider HRE 8 series wheels or other alternatives.