PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to RNS-E Navigation System

Erik
October 1st, 2004, 10:51
I know at least one member has done this (or a similar upgrade) in the USA. But from what I heard they did it the hard way, maybe without knowing about this "official" upgrade from quattro GmbH.
I don't know what RNS-E is exactly, but let me guess it's the new DVD Navi.

--------------------------------

Basically, a conversion of an existing navigation plus system of your Audi RS 6 into a RNS-E navigation system would be possible. For price information please refer to the quote below:

RNS-E, Navigation Unit 4B0 035 192 P, 2.343,20 EURO TV Tuner for RNS-E Navigation Unit 4D0 919 146 C, 1.177,40 EURO Adaptor Wiring Harness (handmade prototype), w/o part no., 485 EURO wiring harness includes CAN connector socket and all necessary cables for power supply, CD-changer and diagnosis labour 4,5 hours, 417,60 EURO

Total price 4.423,20 EURO including 16 per cent German VAT

The conversion can only be done by an expert of our R&D department
preferrebly in the premises of quattro GmbH, Audi plant in Neckarsulm.

gjg
October 2nd, 2004, 20:11
you are correct, RNS-E is the DVD NAV

audirs6sport
October 5th, 2004, 00:14
Will the A8L dvd navigation map for the US work right on this RNS-E unit? Was there a specific reason why the Navi Plus wasn't factory installed on the US rs6? (DOT?)

gjg
October 5th, 2004, 10:49
[QUOTE]Was there a specific reason why the Navi Plus wasn't factory installed on the US rs6? (DOT?)

not sure about DOT, the DVD based NAV+ system was not available for order until Q2 2004 (for rs6+) if I remember correctly.

gg

Voicesurfr
October 5th, 2004, 22:21
What about the '04 Canadian spec. cars - will it fit in them?