PDA

View Full Version : I Am Free!! =)

audirs6sport
September 29th, 2004, 02:29
AT LAST, my 160mph in 65mph zone case has been dismissed!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bauer
September 29th, 2004, 21:43
congrats......sounds like the lawyer did his job.:applause:

Finnus
September 30th, 2004, 12:33
my 160mph in 65mph zone case has been dismissed

AudiRS6sport,

Sounds like a story that needs to be told ...

Finnus
:addict:

SR Stealther
September 30th, 2004, 17:49
Wow, thats what i call reckless driving!:)

DidnŽt you recognize you were driving so fast?

IŽd never do that, iŽd be afraid of loosing my driving license!

Be happy that it was dismissed, what would have been the punishment?

Sorry for my english :)

audirs6sport
October 1st, 2004, 08:05
Under VC 22348 section b, 2pts on DMV, license suspension, 1600 dollar fine, and possible hand cuffing on spot. If the D.A. doesn't like you, he/she can possibly bump it up to reckless driving, and give you a misdemeanor for it. Just for the record, I was actually doing 200mph+, but I slowed down :D It didn't feel like the car was moving really fast at all. Maybe just because I'm used to it. :) I knew what my speed was. I just think that it's never fast enough, that's all. :)

audirs6sport
October 1st, 2004, 08:18
Originally posted by Finnus
AudiRS6sport,

Sounds like a story that needs to be told ...

Finnus

I was on the way to dubwars 2004 event, and would have been 2 hours late if I traveled at posted speed limit. I used to make it to Santa Barbara from Orange County in one hour. I decided to say "F%#$ THIS." Long story short, I was doing at least 180mph for about half an hour or so. I approached this nice loooong stretch and just went for it. That's when i was doing 200+mph. Roughly about a mile ahead, I saw the chp parked on side, waiting for another ticket to write out. My ValentineOne was on All BOOGY MODE, but didn't go off. The moment that I saw him waiting from that point, I was already down to 70mph. When I was pulled over they stated that my speed came out 160mph on their radar (maybe there was another cop around that was hiding as well). I said just give me my ticket, and we went our own ways. After reviewing the citation, I gave my traffic attorney a call, and he said, "Yes, I can get you out." I said great. Paid the high premiums, and here I am. Zero pts on my record. :D

Finnus
October 1st, 2004, 12:36
Congrats on getting off. Your V1 was on, but it didn't register? I can't imagine going that fast, especially in Southern(?) Cal. Your car must be chipped to have exceeded the speed limiter.

I got my first ticket with the Beast on the 4th of July on the Mass Pike clocked at a mere 81. The cop would have let me go if I was at 79 (or less 65 mph zone). I didn't even bother going to my attorney since it was out-of-state for me. I just paid it. Hopefully there's no reciprocity.

Finnus

TaTaPiRaTa
October 1st, 2004, 23:56
Originally posted by audirs6sport
....I was doing at least 180mph for about half an hour or so. I approached this nice loooong stretch and just went for it. That's when i was doing 200+mph. Roughly about a mile ahead, I saw the chp parked on side, waiting for another ticket to write out. My ValentineOne was on All BOOGY MODE, but didn't go off. The moment that I saw him waiting from that point, I was already down to 70mph. When I was pulled over they stated that my speed came out 160mph on their radar ......

Too nice story.
I think 180+ for half an hour would put the car into limp mode and over 200mph is not realistic, unless you have sportec 600HP tuning (or stage 3 B&B)....

Maybe you were doing km/h not mp/h ;)

:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

audirs6sport
October 3rd, 2004, 11:47
Maybe you were not aware that stock RS6 without speed limiter does 200mph. For the record, my RS6 is in hell no F%$ing way it's stock if that's what you're thinking. :) And, yes, the specs that you read on the internet shouldn't be based as facts. :D

Nordschleife
October 3rd, 2004, 17:36
Maybe you were not aware that stock RS6 without speed limiter does 200mph. :D

Simply not true, unless it is down hill in winter and the maximum rev limiter has been adjusted.

R+C

gjg
October 3rd, 2004, 21:25
speed governor on my rs6+ is set at 186 mph (299 km/h) ...

I seriously doubt the car (plus) will reach, as delivered from factory, 322 km/h - 200 mph that is ... no way in hell. let alone the stock rs6.

:argue:

what speedo shows may be another story, try to use gps to verify the speed.

gg

audirs6sport
October 3rd, 2004, 23:17
Yes. I was referring to speedometer reading. NOT GPS speed measurement.
"what speedo shows may be another story"

it's not "may be." IT IS different than what gps will tell you. Unless some how you had your speedometer calibrated that it reads "EXACTLY" what your real movement speed measurement is. :D

audirs6sport
October 3rd, 2004, 23:18
Originally posted by Nordschleife
Simply not true, unless it is down hill in winter and the maximum rev limiter has been adjusted.

R+C

200mph on speedometer is about 175mph on gps. :) I don't have a gps unit available to measure the speed. Yes, my rev limiter has been adjusted as well. :D

audirs6sport
October 3rd, 2004, 23:32
Originally posted by Finnus
Congrats on getting off. Your V1 was on, but it didn't register? I can't imagine going that fast, especially in Southern(?) Cal. Your car must be chipped to have exceeded the speed limiter.

I got my first ticket with the Beast on the 4th of July on the Mass Pike clocked at a mere 81. The cop would have let me go if I was at 79 (or less 65 mph zone). I didn't even bother going to my attorney since it was out-of-state for me. I just paid it. Hopefully there's no reciprocity.

Finnus

which state might that be? :confused:

Because there are other ways to fight it without you or your attorney having to travel at all.

JAXRS6
October 4th, 2004, 15:22
200mph on speedometer is about 175mph on gps.:D

Not for me. I've used my handheld GPS while on cruise control and it's usually the same as the speedo or close, maybe off by one or two mph. But no more than that.

Anyone really experiencing differences as great those as you cited is having a problem with one instrument or the other.

GmbHouse
October 4th, 2004, 16:31
200 mph +, 180 mph for a half hour, no points and you can discern a cop at a mile!! I call BS on this story.

audirs6sport
October 4th, 2004, 22:34
It's amazing how you guys are even bothered to think that it's a bs story, while I'm sitting here EXTEREMELY happy that I have no points so far and maintained my driving priviledge. :) I currently have ANOTHER case going on, which is a misdemeanor as of now, for Speed contest/ evading from the police. I wish that I could think the same, and hopefully none of this EVER happend; and wish that it really is a BS. That way I wouldn't have end up spending 10g just on legal services!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

TaTaPiRaTa
October 5th, 2004, 10:48
Maybe you were not aware that stock RS6 without speed limiter does 200mph.

This is not true. Go and see your dealer to fix your speedometer.

nyrs6
October 5th, 2004, 14:15
Originally posted by TaTaPiRaTa
This is not true. Go and see your dealer to fix your speedometer.

:hihi:

The fatsest i ever heard was a few mags got it to 189 mph on the autobahn. Chipped is a different story.

BTW does anyone know, how acurate the RS6s speedometer is at high speeds like 160 mph?

gjg
October 5th, 2004, 14:58
how acurate the RS6s speedometer is at high speeds

mine was pretty consistently 3-4 km above GPS speed up to about 180 km/h ......

Benman
October 5th, 2004, 19:02
Originally posted by nyrs6
:hihi:

The fatsest i ever heard was a few mags got it to 189 mph on the autobahn. Chipped is a different story.

It doesn't sound like a BS story as much as an exaggeration. Nordschleife and Erik (as well as many others on this board) have way more autobahn experience than myself but even still it is truely difficult to maintain those kind of speeds. Here in the States the very fastest I've gone was an indicated 164 when the governor kicked in (in Germany the car I drove was able to reach an indicated 276 kph before said governor kicked in). I was certainly in both instances not able to maintain those speeds for but a few moments due to simply the laws of physics (bend in the road, eventual cars that show up, etc...).

I believe that there was serious speeds involved but more likely was 130-150 for half hour straight with speeds approaching 200 at some point (afterall, said RS 6 is modified).
Ben:addict:

GmbHouse
October 6th, 2004, 01:19
It's BS. Read the guy's posts on Audi World. He's a troll there too.

audirs6sport
October 6th, 2004, 08:51
Originally posted by GmbHouse
It's BS. Read the guy's posts on Audi World. He's a troll there too.

LOL!!!! :D whatevers dude. All I care is that I have no points what so ever. It did cost me quite a bit, but it was all worth it (after you do the math). :thumb: For local So Cal members, if you ever end up being stuck in a situation where you recieved any type of speeding ticket, I "HIGHLY" recommend Sherman Ellison. He'll invite you to watch how he kicks ass in court! Worth every penny :)

Erik, Please do all of us a favor and close this thread. Seems like we have carbonlord Jr. ;) Any more post on this thread is a waste of space. :bye: Thx.