PDA

View Full Version : New 550 hp 5.2 litre V10 from Lambo (Audi)

Erik
September 28th, 2004, 18:50
Lamborghini will release a new engine, pretty initeresting for the next RS6 don't you think... ;)

"The hot-selling Gallardo goes topless in the first quarter of 2006. Fitted with a pushbutton electro-hydralic top, the Spyder may get the upgraded 550bhp 5.2-litre V10 that's in the pipeline."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Murcielago:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"With the Gallardo close to matching the Murcielago on power and performance, Lamborghini will make the Murc a more potent driving machine. An 4wd GT version is expected 2006, with a mild facelift, ceramic brakes and a 6.5-litre V12, producing 645bhp and 516lb ft. A lighter and meaner R-GT batmobile will follow, with rear-wheel drive and race-bred suspension. The street version is said to accelerate from zero to 62mph in an Enzo-busting 3.5 sec."

I'm going out to celebrate this news with a few beers :D :cheers:

steve
September 28th, 2004, 19:22
Where will it end.................:rolleyes:

Don't you just love this hp war:p :incar:

FOX
September 28th, 2004, 21:49
The news is sound's verry good !!!

:D

As long Audi Has influence on the engines everything wil go perfect :0:

:addict: :rs4addict

M-R-G Lader " The Sky Is The Limit "

Hawk
September 28th, 2004, 22:07
The firsts Gallardo had 480 hp, the ultimate (step 3) 510 hp. Pistons and connecting rods have been modified;)
I don't now about this new 5.2:eye:

Qisha
September 29th, 2004, 10:46
To facelift the Gallardo is one step to do before the new RS6 can be released. Policy: to be in no competition with Company Own Cars.

Nordschleife
September 29th, 2004, 17:27
Originally posted by Qisha
To facelift the Gallardo is one step to do before the new RS6 can be released. Policy: to be in no competition with Company Own Cars.

What planet are you on?

How can an overweight understeering luxo barge like an RS6 (it does it very well, nevertheless) possibly be any competition for a sports car like the Gallardo? You could give the RS6 150bhp more and the Gallardo would still beat it.

Please don't confuse horsepower with performance.

R+C

Qisha
September 29th, 2004, 19:15
Dear Mr. Nord,

were do you read that the RS6 or even the upcoming RS6 is going to "beat" the Lamborghini Gallardo ?!?
Oh yes.. nowhere ! I donīt compare the sun with the moon nore i do with these two cars. It is just a matter of fact, that the RS6 is the most sportive, powerfull and fast car in the Hall of Audi. Within the sales managing it is a point that counts, no matter if this is from outer Space (like you are saying).
The RS6 has not been build to go on F360īs, Gallardoīs or 996 Turboīs, i know.
Audi terms: "...the Gallardo needs to stay over the sportiest Audi".

Never heard about Company Policies, donīt you ?!?

PS: I will visit Planet Earth soon, i only have like 1 week of vacation up here on Mars. BUT we do not have any Speedlimits.

:bye2:

Klint
September 30th, 2004, 13:13
Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow: :king: :bow:

iconcls
September 30th, 2004, 13:31
Nordo,

You're such a nitpicking, old hen you make this place boring.

Finnus
September 30th, 2004, 16:19

I interpreted the above statement to say that Audi wouldn't put te V10 in the RS6 because it would be in competition with the Gallardo, & that the Gallardo would have to be upgraded before Audi took this step. If I'm correct, then Robin's response is more than appropriate (minus the barb).

Nordo,

You're such a nitpicking, old hen you make this place boring

I perosnally think Nordschleife's technical expertise combined with his irascible nature and acerbic wit make this forum a much more interesting place. Just my 2 cents.

Finnus

:addict:

iconcls
September 30th, 2004, 16:35
Originally posted by Finnus acerbic wit make this forum a much more interesting place.

I must have missed the witty post.

Erik
September 30th, 2004, 16:41
*sigh*

Can we please get back ON TOPIC?