PDA

View Full Version : Video: E55 meets SLR

Erik
September 26th, 2004, 09:44
http://www.err0neous.org/mbz/slrvideo4.wmv :hahahehe:

For those who thought the :harass: E55 was a fast car

7:53 RS6
September 26th, 2004, 10:46
Compered to my stock RS6 E55 sedan is fast.

Yesterday we where out on the www. challenge.nu( updated results comming on monday)

Its kinda like topgears airport track.
Its anyway on a ariport landing place.

We did line up many times and drove the runway down. My RS6 stock and my friends E55 stock and Porsche Turbo stock(Porsche on r-tiers like most other cars).

I kind of feelt like the guy driving the E55 in obove video must have feelt.

In the start RS6 was first:hahahehe: but preety soon they where leving me in the back:cry:

We smoked a hole lot of rubber doing donuts and throtelsteering whit the E55 on the runway:wo:

Once more i have to say E55 is no sports car compered to RS6.
I did take it out also on the Timed lap around the track. Just one warming lap and one one time(1,24 ). If driven it more times i think my time would improve whit maybee 1 or 2 sek. But i dont think i would come close to my RS6 laptime 1,19 20.

I drove it of course whit out ESP and whit no problems you can if you like powerslid thru almost the hole lap love 700nm:heart:

Of course on my timed lap i was more gentel on gas still no ESP, and its no problems to not let it slide if gently and relly sensitev rightfot:D . The steering totaly colaps in spit sekunds in some thigt turns going race speed with E55, the servo dosent keep up. And chassi in race pace in E55 in thigt turns:vhmmm: . None of this in ouer beloved RS6
Cheers

Matteus
September 26th, 2004, 12:07
wow nice video Erik!
I'm surprised by the E55. I thought the difference would be greater.
but boy does that SLR fly!

idd 8.29 RS6 the RS6 and the E55 are very different cars.
... I love both:p :0: :addict: :addictE55: ;)

greets,

matteus

September 26th, 2004, 19:27
My fiend did make it upp to todays challenge in a SL55, he missed the saturday race. SL55 is a killer and like mr Rådstöm said on Gotland it dosent roll a bit. My friends time was 1,20 40.

Now this make me wounder if i missed to se if the E55 had this superior system called ABC sport( Active Body Controll). Cuse the E55 did roll plenty!

I onley did drive one lap and warming one but cant remembering seeing a ABC sport button. Not seen it before when driving E55 eighter. Checking into this now and if its on and preforms as well as in SL55 i cant flame the chassi of course.

He also lost steering so it should be same.

Also Mr Rådströms test was not liking SL55 breakes and gear box for inspierd driving

Calling my friend whit E55 now need to check this.

September 27th, 2004, 11:15
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
My fiend did make it upp to todays challenge in a SL55, he missed the saturday race. SL55 is a killer and like mr Rådstöm said on Gotland it dosent roll a bit. My friends time was 1,20 40.

Now this make me wounder if i missed to se if the E55 had this superior system called ABC sport( Active Body Controll). Cuse the E55 did roll plenty!

I onley did drive one lap and warming one but cant remembering seeing a ABC sport button. Not seen it before when driving E55 eighter. Checking into this now and if its on and preforms as well as in SL55 i cant flame the chassi of course.

He also lost steering so it should be same.

Also Mr Rådströms test was not liking SL55 breakes and gear box for inspierd driving

Calling my friend whit E55 now need to check this.

There are no ABC sport on E55 just air up and down it seems he say.
So i stick to my first impression of E55 chassi beeing not so god. SL55 chassi is super with ABC sport button on!

September 27th, 2004, 11:49
New times are up on www.challenge.nu
Soon foto and film also.

RS4Ever
September 28th, 2004, 02:17
very very cool clip

:)