PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Seat -> noise

Qisha
September 21st, 2004, 20:45
Does anyone had problems with the Recaro Seats ? After not more than 1 Week the Drivers Seat started making noises. I am not a lightweight but never had Problems with any Seat in the past. The noises only happen in the lowest and most backwarded position, what i do need because of beeing 6.4ft tall. :D

7:53 RS6
September 21st, 2004, 21:04
Originally posted by Qisha
Does anyone had problems with the Recaro Seats ? After not more than 1 Week the Drivers Seat started making noises. I am not a lightweight but never had Problems with any Seat in the past. The noises only happen in the lowest and most backwarded position, what i do need because of beeing 6.4ft tall. :D

Do you have the armrest down when it sounds. If so try to lean the arm rest back. It was the armrest that made the sound in my car, but i thought it was the seats(armrest rubbing to side of seat and make sound).

steve
September 21st, 2004, 21:18
Check the seatbelt... the plastic of the "click-in"unit can make a noise because it rubs against the leather. If you put a bit of foam or something like that between the unit and the seat it should stop.
But as 8.29 RS6 already said, the armrest could also be it.

SpinEcho
September 21st, 2004, 22:53
Not to hijack this thread, but I would be happy to have squeaking seats in my Beast if they were Recaros... :360:

I wonder how many North American owners would agree?

Bauer
September 21st, 2004, 23:59
agreed!!!

nyrs6
September 22nd, 2004, 00:31
New rule- Complaints about recaros, nav +, 19 inch wheels. Are not aloud on this board :D (just kidding)

:rs6kiss:

gjg
September 22nd, 2004, 06:33
but I would be happy to have squeaking seats in my Beast if they were Recaros...

hey guys, is this what you're talking about? :harass: :harass: :harass:

gjg
September 22nd, 2004, 07:40
and from the other side ......

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

SpinEcho
September 22nd, 2004, 12:59
Yeah, but we get an extra red light in the overhead console (OnStar) and a nice, big box in the trunk (battery). Top that, Euro boy! :bye2:

nyrs6
September 22nd, 2004, 14:13
We shouldnt complain we are paying $85,000 in the US and in europe they are paying $105,000. For that price they deserve Even more extras :incar:

gjg
September 22nd, 2004, 15:03
originally posted by Spin Echo
but we get an extra red light in the overhead console (OnStar) and a nice, big box in the trunk (battery). [/B]

oh, we're cheated even more - we got no spare ..... just the huge truck battery in the spare wheel, oh well ....... :harass:

and

originally posted by nyrs6
We shouldnt complain we are paying $85,000 in the US and in europe they are paying $105,000.

well, tax (only 19% .... puke: ) included the rs6+ is about $122,000 US give a take few $ on exchange rate, so for that we should get more than just the "seats" .... well, the DVD NAV+ is somewhat there ..... and ... and ... oh, of course, we get the Avant .... :heart:

:thumb:

TaTaPiRaTa
September 22nd, 2004, 16:17
Originally posted by gjg
..... and ... and ... oh, of course, we get the Avant .... :heart:

:thumb:

..... and RS6 Plus :dance:

7:53 RS6
September 22nd, 2004, 18:17
Originally posted by nyrs6
New rule- Complaints about recaros, nav +, 19 inch wheels. Are not aloud on this board :D (just kidding)

:rs6kiss:

:D :D :D

VinzRs6
September 25th, 2004, 16:20
I have this squeak but believe it to be the right thigh bolster rubbing the center console. I reconditioned theouter leather of the bolster and re-sprayed the plastic side of the console w/ 303 protectant. My thinking is if I decrease friction, away goes the squeak. You may also need to reposition the seat so as to minimize the contact between the surfaces. If this doesn't work, I plan to find some adhesive backed felt and apply it neatly to the console plastic. I have the silver grey interior so I will plan to use a light colored felt out of fear that a black felt may leach color and stain the seat bolster. Hope this might help.