View Full Version : E60 M5 vs RS6 +

Bingocaller
September 21st, 2004, 09:27
Okay I am going at it on the M5board voting for the + offcourse :D

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=460327#post460327

But your opinion ?

Qisha
September 21st, 2004, 10:03
To be honest, i guess no but its going to be close.
Because of the electronic Options the Driver is able to adjust, its more easy to satisfy the Testdriver. The Cars will be Head to Head from 0-60 mph the M5 will lead from 60-120 mph. For sure the RS6 plus will win the Topspeed as the M5 is limited to 250 km/h. Overall the M5 is the newer Car with Racing Technology (SMG etc.).BUT still only available as a Saloon, only 70 Liter Tank and a more or less likely Design (for me no choice).
The RS6 plus has not been designed to beat the new M5 but it will keep up. The M5 is a new Chapter, it will lead until Audi strikes back... thats how its been and most likely ever will be.
:D

TaTaPiRaTa
September 21st, 2004, 11:44
It is not good test, comparing latest build M5 to old design RS is not fair.
I'm sure M5 will be faster and nicer to drive due to the less weight and it's better distribution. On dry pavement it will rock. If they test in the rain we could see RS advantages.

The test is anyway very interesting as we could see how RS6 is keeping up with new BMW technology.

The real comparison will be done when new RS6 is on the scene.

Audi needs to reduce weight and engine overheating, improve weight distibution and then we can compare it to new M5, engine is less important I think - it will be stronger for sure anyway.

I love my RS but to underline that it is not the same ERA of build as new M5 you can see that there is not even a rain sensor in our beast.....

I'm waiting anxiously to see the test (from someone's ftp...)

:rs6kiss: :addict: :rs6kiss:

Qisha
September 21st, 2004, 11:50
...talking about Heat Problems:

The new M5 does not have Foglights, because of the Heating Problems BMW had. Were Foglights are placed until the 545i, only cooling Ducts are mounted on the M5.