PDA

View Full Version : New Family Member......Not as Nice as Eriks though

Bauer
September 17th, 2004, 17:44
Well, finally got around to taking some pics of the new/used S4 I got about two weeks ago.

Here some info.

2001 S4 not 2001.5 so I can "kill" the ESP
Innovative KO4 turbos
RS4 intercoolers
Larger fuel Injectors
Oil cooler
Aluminum flywheel
RS4 clutch
Snub nose mount
Larger custom MAF
Some custom intake and hose work
Custom GIAC software
Custom full race exhaust (see pic:dance: )
Cone filter housed in stock air box
BBS CH 18X8.5 (I put on)

On the way

STaSIS MotorSport suspension (OHLINS) here next Thur.
Front Brakes and Rotors (still doing research AND INPUT IS WELCOME )
Sloted rear rotors
Race seats
RS4 bumper and ducting (have just need to get on the car)

Next Phase

STaSIS center and rear diff chage out

That's it currently....any sugestions are welcome....THANKS

Bauer
September 17th, 2004, 17:45
pic 2

Bauer
September 17th, 2004, 17:46
pic 3

Bauer
September 17th, 2004, 17:47
pic4

Bauer
September 17th, 2004, 17:48
pic5

Bauer
September 17th, 2004, 17:49
pic 6

Erik
September 17th, 2004, 18:04
Except for the rainforest-like :lovl: interior it looks like a very nice car! :s4addict:

Nordschleife
September 17th, 2004, 18:43
Ben
When doing your suspension upgrade, discuss the brake option with Stasis. Given the current Euro-Dollar exchange rate, I can't see Mov'it brakes being economically attractive. But they would be good.

R+C

Audihead
September 17th, 2004, 20:56
Nice ride. Not much left for you to do. How many miles are on her? She looks to be in great shape. Would like to see some duals out of the back bumper though, maybe? Awesome choice! Enjoy.

:revs: :mech: :incar: :s4addict:

:s4addict: -Audihead

Bauer
September 18th, 2004, 00:10
How many miles are on her? She looks to be in great shape. Would like to see some duals out of the back bumper though, maybe?

25k on the clock and it is very clean. I am currently looking at options for exhaust just to get it to pass smog:mech:. It is way to loud currently and not sure if it will pass out the tailpipe. So looking at a street exhaust and a track exhaust options.

Nord,

I Have talked with STaSIS about the breaks and they sell the Alcon set up which I know is a very nice package. At this point trying to get all the info I can on each upgrade and why one would be better than the other.

Cheers,

RS4Ever
September 18th, 2004, 00:48
very cool

congradulations man

nice rims also

SpinEcho
September 18th, 2004, 01:40
Originally posted by Bauer
Front Brakes and Rotors (still doing research AND INPUT IS WELCOME )

Beautiful set of wheels, Bauer!

May I suggest Stoptech brakes? They are reasonably priced, balanced for your car, and beyond reproach for street and track, IMO. I think they make most other brands look overpriced. Many look poorly engineered next to Stoptech, too.

eph94
September 18th, 2004, 02:21
One thing about hitting certain income level is that it's just "relative poverty" for there on in.

I gotta say, Ben, I'm jealous!!!

:addict: :s4addict:

Joe

Klint
September 18th, 2004, 18:56
Ben,

Very attractive package you got there....Seems more like a fast road car/sleeper to me than a track car... Ditch the seats, the wood interior, get a roll cage two racing bucket (recaro) seats up front and some 4/6 point harnesses along with a tastier interior finish for the dash, then get into some form of novice track day (if you haven't done it before).

How about some strut bars too?

Carbon boot and bonnet? (excuse the english-english differences)

Short shifter?

Racing pedals so heel- toeing is easier to do (since it's a manual)

Some bonnet pins (;))

A N-tercooler for the intercooler (basically NOS for the intercooler) it'll keep things chilled.

DOT5 race brake fluid, with similar grade lubricants for the diffs, gearbox and engine, upgraded spark plugs and ignition coils/leads...Where does it stop? :D

Excellent project you have there, it really shows your loyalty to Audi very well, since the platform isn't the most easiest to get 'track ready'.

Klint
September 18th, 2004, 19:01
How about some kind of diff. bias device so you can move the power to the front or back?

And some permanent toe hooks?

Pull the interior insulation apart too... Take the spare wheel out aswell, and maybe get a removeable toe bar on the rear so you can carry spares on a trailer to the events...

Last but not least, a full rs6.com livery. :D

iconcls
September 18th, 2004, 23:08
Looks almost too nice to flog on a track. :thumb:

Congrats, it's going to be a blast.

rs6w
September 19th, 2004, 19:26
That is one sharp looking S4. Enjoy it!

Bauer
September 20th, 2004, 16:39
SpinEcho-

I am seriously considering the StopTech set up with the 355 at this point as I think they would be a good fit for the S4.

Klint-

Getting race buckets, changing out all the fluids, and on the next phase will be putting different center and rear diffs in that will change the power bias. Which should help a bit with the understeer on the car.

Icon-

I will try to keep it out of the walls:D :hihi:

Cheers,

djinn
September 20th, 2004, 17:50
Congrats man. Nice car. We are waiting for the new performance values...

minimad
September 21st, 2004, 03:02
Bauer,

Have you heard Tarox break system : http://www.tarox.com/english.html

I have set of them on my another car, 10 pots caliper with ceramic coated disk. They are................. so so impressive to me. My friend and I had compared Stoptech and Brembo system on the same car, guess what?:p

Unfortunately, they don't have bigger system for RS6 currently, otherwise, I will consider them before Moveit and Alcon. But they have 360mm x 32mm system for RS4. I guess they might fit S4 as well. You can choose 8 pots system or 12 pots system up to your need.

They are expensive, but still cheaper than Moveit or Alcon. And if you use ceramic disk, you will have no more breaking dust in your front wheel.

SpinEcho
September 21st, 2004, 03:17
Originally posted by minimad
My friend and I had compared Stoptech and Brembo system on the same car, guess what?:p

What?

minimad
September 21st, 2004, 06:06
Originally posted by SpinEcho
What?

They all replaced their Stoptech and Brembo immediately - - to Tarox:race:

SpinEcho
September 21st, 2004, 13:10
Why? What did you like about them better?