PDA

View Full Version : New A4 (2005)

Shak
September 15th, 2004, 07:38
Okay, so I am hearing that orders will be from October 2004, and delivery in January/Feb 2005 for UK customers.

However does anyone know the following:

1, will Avant and Saloon both have same release date ?

2, S4 (B7) any expected dates ?

3, RS4 (B6) whats happened to this then ?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

btw, what ya think looks better, new Saloon or Avant ?

Shak

tailpipe
September 16th, 2004, 13:50
Both Saloon and Avant arrive in January 2005, but you can order now.

S4 also arrives in Saloon and Avant form at same time.

RS4 arrives in B7 format not B6. Will be shown at Geneva show in March 2005 going on sale in June.

No question that new Avant is the best looker, but new grille looks good on both in my humble opinion.

The question you didn't ask is what about the A4 coupe?

Unsubstantiated rumour has it that we'll see a coupe version of the B7 A4 also at the Geneva show in March 2005. It will look a lot like the Nuvolari and will be without doubt the most beautiful Audi on sale. Expect 2.0 TFSI; 3.2 FSI; and 4.2 S4 versions with Quattro.

Audi's aim is to pee on BMW's firework when the new 3-Series is launched at the same show. Given that the new 3-Series is a mixture of Bangle design and the influence of a nervous bunch of senior managers, it looks a mess, so Audi should have no trouble stealing the limelight.

Shak
September 17th, 2004, 06:35
many thanks for the information.

am assuming prices will be similar to B6 ?

also any news on whether S4 is being release with Tiptronic, or will that be a year down the line

Shak

RS4Ever
September 17th, 2004, 06:51
tip... yes of course.. 6 speed with paddle shifters

dsg.. no (if thats what you meant as in the TT)

A418TQTip
September 18th, 2004, 13:42
Originally posted by tailpipe
No question that new Avant is the best looker, but new grille looks good on both in my humble opinion.

Audi's aim is to pee on BMW's firework when the new 3-Series is launched at the same show. Given that the new 3-Series is a mixture of Bangle design and the influence of a nervous bunch of senior managers, it looks a mess, so Audi should have no trouble stealing the limelight.

I definitely agree. The new Avant looks better. Does anyone have any pics of the upcoming coupe?

Why are we so overly concerned about BMW? I lurk here from time to time and there's always a reference to BMW in every other thread I read... Aren't we happy with our cars? I for one am VERY happy with mine regardless of which is better... :thumb:

Sure, Audi itself is trying to "pee on BMW's firework" because broader market share won't hurt them, but we (as enthusiasts) better be happy with our rides - no matter how ugly current/future BMWs are/will be, they still DRIVE like BMWs... ;)

itisme
September 23rd, 2004, 16:11
I went to spain for a week an on the autobahn in spain near barcelona there were 3 black a4 overtaking our bus at not much speed, but I only could see the rear end and what I saw was awesame.. the Avant looks so damn good.. very very nice!

RS4Ever
October 26th, 2004, 23:44
how does topgear get the chance to review the new a4? in september?

do they go to audi facilities to test it.. do they test with spy-wear on car?

anyways, here is a review of the new A4 3.0 TDI
ignore some of the pictures from the beautiful a3 sprtback they have posted

check it out...click below for link
TopGear Article - B7 A4 3.0 TDI -Road Test Review (http://www.topgear.com/jsp/individualRoadTest.jsp?&carType=new&mCode=A2&rCode=B5&mDesc=Audi&rDesc=A4&roadTestNumber=22.html)