PDA

View Full Version : What is the best tuner for the RS6

Veyron
January 10th, 2003, 19:13
What do you think is the best tuner for the RS6?
I read alot about ABT, MTM, Sporttec, but I don't hear much about B&B. What do you think about that one?
Comparison B&B RS6 series (http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/english/mau_v_rs6.html)

625 Hp for stage 4?
0-100 in 3,8?

Does anyone know of a tuner with even better performances?

Benman
January 10th, 2003, 21:00
i could be way off but i would think that mtm and abt
are bigger names and probably make more reliable
products. besides their mods are plenty peppy
:D

:addict:

Skiba Tuning
January 11th, 2003, 11:18
According to your question which tuning is the best, here are some facts of our tuning for Audi RS6:

Stage 1:
365kW/496bhp
Maximum torque: 630Nm/3000 RPM

Stage 2:
379kW/516bhp
Maximum torque: 660Nm/3100 RPM
including K&N Air-Sportfilter.

Prices for Stage 1:
EUR 1.950,- incuding tax and fitting

Prices for stage 2
EUR 2.250,- incuding tax and fitting and filter

These are our official price ranges for RS6 Software modification.

We generally offer a test drive, before you buy.
Warranty for 24 month is possible. Also TÜV certificates for tuning.

I have told to scoop, that registered members of RS6.com will be get better prices for tuning of their RS6 cars.

More details, next time.

Nrn
January 11th, 2003, 11:45
Originally posted by Skiba Tuning
We generally offer a test drive, before you buy.

Thats a good initative! If you upgrade, atleast I would like to make sure that the tiptronic works just as smoth as it did before! :) And its always nice to know what you reallly are buying before you buy it ;)

Do you have a homepage adress? Would be nice to see what you have more to offer! :MTM:

BR /Nicke

Reno
January 11th, 2003, 12:24
there's an url above the front wheel of that nice RS4:)
----) www.skiba-tunig.de

greetz

theob
January 13th, 2003, 10:05
Originally posted by Benman
i could be way off but i would think that mtm and abt
are bigger names and probably make more reliable
products. besides their mods are plenty peppy

Ben,
You know that the fact you and some other guys (including myself as well) are more aware about MTM or Abt is due to marketing reasons. Both of them are some years in the market and are very successful in their job.
Here in Greece, however, MTM has experienced quite a lot of problems because their chip tuning is "perfected" for some higher octane gas, while we still enjoy :( lower quality most of the times. Hence, many MTM customer seems to be dissatisfied with such a great tuner of worldwide acceptance. I don't say that to undervalue MTM, but to show you that every major player in the tuning field may show some weaknesses, even temporarily, because the aforementioned problem was solved immediately.

There's no way to exclude some other new Audi Tuning engineers from the market.
Both B&B Automobiltechnik (http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/english/mau_v_rs6.html) or Skiba Tuning (http://www.skiba-tuning.de)) may have/be very skillful engineers and make wonders with their tuning upgrades, especially when they backup up their work with a two year warranty like their "bigger" competitors, a fact that makes all of us go to sleep, without worrying if our car will "explode" :vsad2: the next morning! :)

Some of us will try their solutions, especially those of us who live in continental Europe, if not have tried them already, and share their experiences with us:-)

(btw Reno, the correct URL for Skiba is: www.skiba-tuning.de (http://www.skiba-tuning.de)) :0:

Till then...

Benman
January 13th, 2003, 20:21
your'e right!!

my only concern is here in the states i think it might
be easier to find a authorized shop to work on products
from mtm or abt than the other tuners.:D

but your point about the two year warranty is right
on the money! any legitimate company that backs up
their product should be more than ok to use.:0:

myself i'm leaning towards mtm or abt unless the
other tuners are more popular in my area than i'm
aware of. your'e also correct about the fuel issue.
out here we do not get the sweet stuf that germany gets.

:addict:

jimmy94507
January 19th, 2003, 06:04
Send me an e-mail. I'd like to compare notes with you about what your dealer is telling you about your RS6. My dealer is in Concord, CA. Who is your dealer.
Thanks, Jim (jimmy94507@earthlink.net)

Nrn
January 19th, 2003, 09:11
I would go for he Hohenester upgrade as soon at it hits the market! www.hohenester-sport.de or if you´re swedish www.ace-competition.com

BR /Nicke

Erik
January 19th, 2003, 11:59
It might be added that Hohenester is a perfect example of a tuner which is really good, but does no marketing - they're too busy anyway! They're based in the Ingolstadt area just like MTM.