PDA

View Full Version : How many have had the Electrical Recall work done??

Aronis
September 10th, 2004, 17:12
I am just wondering how many RS6 drivers have taken their car in for the Electrical Fire Issue Recall.

How long did the repair take, any probelms after...etc....

Thanks,

Mike

Hy Octane
September 10th, 2004, 17:55
Had Mine done on its first service at 5k last week. Not sure how long it took them to do it in man-hours.. No problems and no evidence of any intrusion in that area..

nene
September 10th, 2004, 20:11
Did it this AM with an oil change service added for good measure. Love the folks at Clair Motors in Boston!!!! Aaron, Jeff and the team are rock solid in my book.

gregoryindiana
September 11th, 2004, 06:25
She waited for about a half hour job. Shouldn't be any longer for the RS6, I would think, and any dealer should be able to do it, even if they aren't RS6 "certified".

Aronis
September 11th, 2004, 22:16
That's good news, I figured it could be done at any Audi dealership. That will save me a 10 hour round trip!, But still will be a 4 hour round trip.

This is the last car I am buying that is not sold in town. Period.

Before I got my first A6 4.2, I was looking at a Buick. Can you believe it, a Buick. Anyway, I would have saved a fortune and not had to drive around the state to get service, D'ooh...

Well, three more years with the RS6, then it's gonna be a Buick....lol

Mike

Benman
September 14th, 2004, 04:11
Originally posted by Aronis

Well, three more years with the RS6, then it's gonna be a Buick....lol

Mike
:D Took @ 1/2 hr. Might take longer if real busy, but not complicated.
Ben:addict:

Aronis
September 14th, 2004, 13:32
Originally posted by Benman
:D Took @ 1/2 hr. Might take longer if real busy, but not complicated.
Ben:addict:

I'd Rather pick up the parts when it is convenient for me (or have them shipped to me) and do it myself, and save the 10 hour round trip trip to the dealer..

We are planning a trip to Albany for Christmas Shopping in Oct or Nov, so I hope to have the 15 k service and the electrical thing done that same day, but tooooooo risky trusting them to:
1. Not Cancel my appointment (been there).
2. Have a loaner car for us.
3. Finish the work in one day.
4. Not break something else.

I sent an email to the dealer, no response, boy they responded to every one of them when I was considering buying the car though...bastards....

Mike

Benman
September 14th, 2004, 16:06
Man, that is sad. Really dissapointing service.