PDA

View Full Version : Possible replacement vehicle

sturs6
September 10th, 2004, 16:34
A new option for the replacement of the RS6 replacement.
http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/previews,view,Chrysler.spy?artid=27527&pg=1
Or you could buy it and do this to it.
http://www.dubedition.com/images/DUB-EditionWebsiteLayout_02.gif

rs6_newyork
September 10th, 2004, 16:46
i'm sorry every time i see these cars i think gansta, even if they don't have pimp wheels like this. The armored car high waisted door slit window look, the don't give a damn grill. It all screams excess. They may weigh the same as an RS6 but damn they look like cars for the 'screw the environment' crew, the ''my other cars are all SUVs" crowd.

sturs6
September 10th, 2004, 18:06
Originally posted by rs6_newyork
i'm sorry every time i see these cars i think gansta, even if they don't have pimp wheels like this. The armored car high waisted door slit window look, the don't give a damn grill. It all screams excess. They may weigh the same as an RS6 but damn they look like cars for the 'screw the environment' crew, the ''my other cars are all SUVs" crowd.
Yes at 6.1 liters this think has to drink gas. Thats a lot of liters to get that horse power.

SpinEcho
September 11th, 2004, 01:53
Please, no. I do hope you're not serious.

sturs6
September 11th, 2004, 02:05
Not at all sorry for bringing it up the way I did. I should have just posted about the car ad not joked about possible replacement.

Klint
September 11th, 2004, 03:04
Stuart, nooooooooooooooooo!!!

Although, from the shoulder line upwards it resembles the Bentley Arnage rather well...

Klint
September 11th, 2004, 03:06
the 'performance exhaust# looks like a pea shooter, but your taste in vehicles is respected...:hihi:

Klint
September 11th, 2004, 03:08
ever considered the C55 or the Range Rover with 24s on?

I'm trying real hard here to save Stuart, help!! :hihi: :hihi:

sturs6
September 11th, 2004, 03:38
You know I should not have attached this photo because no one has probably looked at the web link.:hihi:

audirs6sport
September 11th, 2004, 05:34
I've seen few of those in Tijuana, Mexico. The owners seem to get alot of pussy :D

:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

JAXRS6
September 11th, 2004, 06:42
Originally posted by sturs6
Yes at 6.1 liters this think has to drink gas. Thats a lot of liters to get that horse power.

Actually the 300C Magnum gets 26 mpg hwy, due to new technology that allows it to run on only four cylinders when cruising.

And, yes, that's a lot of liters. Typical US approach, vs. Europeans, who utilize technology to get more hp per liter.

Still, to those of you who belittle this car, I urge you to drive one. I have and was impressed. The 340-hp 300C Magnum is fast and handles well, with a nice interior and even very good fit & finish. No competion for the RS6, I know, but excellent value in its mid-30s price segment. That's why it is selling like hotcakes.

rs6_newyork
September 11th, 2004, 07:27
don't believe that 26mpg, for a start, all those EPA mileages are crazy. EPA City is really EPA highway, and EPA highway is a fantasy.
And second, I've seen specific reviews saying that during their testing of the car, clearly no cylinders were deactivated going by the way it drank fuel...

sturs6
September 11th, 2004, 12:20
Look at this website. The vehicle I am talking about is not in that picture it is on this (http://www.chrysler.com/300/300c.html?context=300-index&type=promo) it is the Chrysler 300C SRT8 with 425 hp 6.1 liter hemipherical V8.

Erik
September 11th, 2004, 12:40
What is a company that has to :harass: look back to see the future? :vhmmm: :looking:

sturs6
September 11th, 2004, 12:47
Originally posted by Erik
What is a company that has to :harass: look back to see the future? :vhmmm: :looking:
Nice comment. In my personal opinion it is the same thing that American General has done by allowing General Motors to take ove the Hummer H2 H3 name it has run its name in the ground and made the Hummer name more visible. Hemi used to be a oh man look it's a Hemi Cuda or what ever but now Hemi's are running everywhere.

JAXRS6
September 11th, 2004, 17:13
Originally posted by Erik

This isn't always a bad thing. A lot of companies are looking back to see the future when they consider increased diesel production. Besides, personally I don't care what technology a company uses, as long as there is great performance and an acceptable degree of reliability. And on that last score, US cars have been gaining at the expense of European brands in recent years.

Don't misunderstand; I love my RS6 and plan to keep it. But sometimes I detect a degree of carism on Audi forums (does not apply to Erik's quote above however).

What is carism? I admit, I just made it up! But it's like racism, i.e. a belief in the superiority of one race over another. Carism is a belief in the superiority of one brand of car over another, or maybe one nation's automotive products over another's. It's a form of pre-judging, which is the root word for prejudice.

Prejudice sometimes has a good foundation. If one were to say US cars were clearly interior a few years ago, based on a previous year's models, one would be correct. But times change, and Detoit's latest sedans -- Caddy's CTS V series and the 300 & Dodge Magnums -- are no slouches. They already are fast, with higher performance on the way. And quality is on the rise.

All of which is just another way of saying, wake up and smell the roses. If you believe that competition is good, having more high performance sedans available -- even if they are from previously lowly US companies -- also is good.

Besides, anyone who thinks car companies can't recover from dark days doesn't know the history of Audi itself. It might even be argued that much as Audi was helped by becoming part of VW, Chrysler now is benefitting from Daimler.

steve
September 12th, 2004, 19:04
I like the 300C's styling... but not with that pimping... keep it clean without the wheels and maybe best of all... no black... although I love black.

And remember guys... basically a 300C is a Mercedes E-class:p

oswald
September 14th, 2004, 05:36
this is one of the most hideous GM cars i've ever seen. If you have to replace the RS6, go for the Caddy CTS-V. It simply rocks.

http://www.uol.com.br/bestcars/carros/gm/cadillac/cts-v-series-1.jpg