PDA

View Full Version : Carrara Gt finds a new home

GoFastKindaGuy
September 10th, 2004, 03:25
New to the garage...

...just couldn't say no.

RS4Ever
September 10th, 2004, 07:43
wow! very nice (of course "very nice" cant even explain it).
any home-made videos?
Love the red!:0:

Mr Balsen
September 10th, 2004, 09:08
Congratulation ! ! !

Cheers,
Frederic

7:53 RS6
September 10th, 2004, 09:30
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :dig:

sturs6
September 10th, 2004, 11:57
Nice!!!
I may have to try to make a trip up to your area with the video and photo equipment. How is the car? Give us an inside real world drivers view of that "Ultimate Beast".
Oh and in my opinion the Carrera GT Trumps the Aston Martin that was planned

Fab5
September 10th, 2004, 12:18
CGT:bigeyes:

You are a lucky man,have fun with it and take care of it this is the sweetest Porsche has.

Damn i want also one...

Fab5:revs:

Klint
September 10th, 2004, 13:21
WTF?

Is this a test of our gullability? or what? Wow!

Lovely indeed, I think I gotta get me one of those, shame they're in LHD.

Congratulations! :incar:

nene
September 10th, 2004, 15:45
Very sweeeeeet indeed. Congratulations. We need more pix, your smile ear-to-ear inclusive!

Audihead
September 10th, 2004, 19:10
Originally posted by nene
Very sweeeeeet indeed. Congratulations. We need more pix, your smile ear-to-ear inclusive!

Yes, What he said.

:s4addict: -Audihead

TOO COOL.

Benman
September 10th, 2004, 20:18
Unbelieveable!!!:bigeyes: :bigeyes: . A Carrera GT amongst our midst. Awesome. Enjoyment goes without saying!!:cheers:
Ben:addict:

RS4Ever
September 11th, 2004, 02:44
he probably posted that he got the GT and then jumped back in the car and hasnt been back to the forum.:incar:

hey. if i had the option.. i'd stay in the car as well.. hehe

post some pics man.. and a video if possible.
:alig:

nyrs6
September 12th, 2004, 06:16
Really more pics please! :D

Nice car!

krm
September 12th, 2004, 15:57
Congrats! :thumb:

Please share more about this amazing car :idea:

Erik
September 12th, 2004, 16:19
Long time no see.

But what a return! :cool2:

GoFastKindaGuy
September 12th, 2004, 16:36
All the rest of the photos are a blur...

I'll upload some to the gallery in a few days.

Preliminary report: Remember the jump to hyperspace in the first Star Wars movie? Yea, like that!

GoFastKindaGuy
September 12th, 2004, 19:39
I put a few more photos on the gallery - member cars section. These are the best I have - until I shoot some more.

Thanks for the nice comments.:dance:

J.Seven
September 13th, 2004, 16:38
Congrats on your CGT.

Did you have any complain regarding the clutch actuation? I´ve heard many complains of some CGT owners, and some even canceled their order because of that.

J.Seven

GoFastKindaGuy
September 13th, 2004, 23:56
The clutch takes getting used to. I had read about the stalling some have experienced, but also had read to let it out slowly and completely before touching the accellerator -- and that works. I never stalled during my test drive. But did once after I bought it.

The only cure is patience. I think after a few weeks, it will be a non-issue. Besides, once your off, it takes no time at all to regain your proper place in traffic. The low inertia of the drive line helps make accelleration unbelievable.

Anyone who would cancel their order because of this clutch is not worthy of the car anyway. (Learn to drive you lazy butts. Sorry. Excuse me!)

The machine is a race car in street dress. Aah, the joy.:love:

Benman
September 14th, 2004, 04:20
Originally posted by GoFastKindaGuy

Anyone who would cancel their order because of this clutch is not worthy of the car anyway. (Learn to drive you lazy butts. Sorry. Excuse me!)

The machine is a race car in street dress. Aah, the joy.:love:
:D Well said. You know you are to used to autos when you start to complain about a manual. Just think, in a few short years they'll begin to dissapear completely. Everyone thought I was crazy when I thought that the M5 would NOT have a manual option by the following one coming out(The one AFTER the 05)! And now look! An entire body style BEFORE I thought wont even have a stick! We should relish them while we can!

GoFastKindaGuy
October 3rd, 2004, 21:41
Benman, you're a body shop & paint guy. Think I should flame the doors?:vhmmm:

Benman
October 4th, 2004, 15:29
Benman, you're a body shop & paint guy. Think I should flame the doors?:vhmmm:
:D :D How dare you suggest to defile such a fine automotive masterpiece:D :cheers:

GoFastKindaGuy
October 4th, 2004, 16:10
I was thinking of shark fin graphics, only kicked up a notch. You know, just to mess with peoples' minds. (I've never forgotten Alan Arkin's flamed BMW hood in the movie, "In-laws".)

:D

Benman
October 4th, 2004, 17:28
I was thinking of shark fin graphics, only kicked up a notch.

BTW, still got my shark fin graphic going strong on my Beast. Get a lot of compliments on it :D

SSpray
October 26th, 2004, 21:40
I was thinking of shark fin graphics, only kicked up a notch. You know, just to mess with peoples' minds. (I've never forgotten Alan Arkin's flamed BMW hood in the movie, "In-laws".)

GoFastKindaGuy,
'88 Countach (for sale, maybe)

Lets talk...

srcady@earthlink.net

Julian Yang
October 27th, 2004, 11:06
It's a beautiful red inside and looks fabulous:0:

Congratulations and Drive carefully with that Germanic monster:incar: