PDA

View Full Version : Buy Back HELP!!!! Quick Please

sturs6
September 8th, 2004, 17:54
Audi is buying back my car!!! I know this is a real difficult problem to have. (Sarcasm) I now have to make a very difficult decision. Do I want another RS6 that is now almost two years if not more old that has lost value but I would have to get it for full value from another dealer or do I want to get something else. Such as E55 that is on the lot at MB or an A8L or an A8 SWB or order and wait for an M5 V10 or maybe even something totally different. I came to you my “family” to get some real people outside unbiased (somewhat) opinions. I have 30 days to make this decision.
HELP!!!!
-Stuart
Oh yeah I tried to get them to send me an RS6+ but they said no. :nono: :cry: :cry:

Bingocaller
September 8th, 2004, 19:14
1) Why are they buying it back ?

2) If u choose to sell your amazing car there is only one way - and that is to go up !

The E55 is quicker but has poor handling compared 2 the RS6, The old E39 M5 is in my opinion not an option, and regarding the new E60 M5 I would wait for the opinions of the motorjournalist and hear their input.

How about a 911 or the Gallardo + a "daily" 4 seater ? Or if u want to stay at "4seaterbeastlevel" how about looking in 2 a Brabus or Kleemann C or E class ? Lots of power with great handling

Just my 2 cents

Good luck with your VERY hard decision :thumb:

Nordschleife
September 8th, 2004, 19:26
Just be really cool and drive a Maserati Quattroporte

nyrs6
September 8th, 2004, 19:59
The new M5 sounds like its going to be good. But the problem is. its not coming out for a year (Fall 2005).

Bauer
September 8th, 2004, 20:23
Stewart-

I am glad Audi is taking care of you...I may need to seek some advice if I keep having issues with my car.

As far as what is next, that is going to be very hard....let me think on it and get back with you.:D :D

JAXRS6
September 8th, 2004, 20:33
Hmmm. Well, and I don't mean to sound blasphemous, but if I was in your situation I might go for the E55 (after another test drive of course).

When I ordered my RS6 in 2002, I was in an AWD mindset out of necessity. But now I don't deal with snow or cold winters, altho I realize AWD has benefits beyond the snow.

I also was in a winding road mindset back then. By that I mean I still had memories of driving thru hills and Big Sur in California, with hopes I might do that again. But it wasn't meant to be; I now split my time between Florida and SE Michigan. Both of which are flat, with few hills or even winding roads. Thus the handling advantage of the RS6 is largely lost on me.

Also, the Benz has a couple of features not offered by Audi. One is 4-way climate control, which would help our dog in the back seat during long trips (because he likes cooler air than we do). The other is the adjustable suspension. The E55 also has a more modern platform and a current body style that will be around for a while.

But if I had to deal with cold or snowy winters, I'd get another RS6. And I'd do the same if I lived in an area where its handling advantage could be better utilized.

sturs6
September 8th, 2004, 20:55
The reason for buy back Bingo is the Telematics Unit. They have spent 12,000 dollars fixing this problem and it continues. I told them give me a new car and you can have this and find the problem for all the other American chaps that have this problem. So in essence I am taking one for the team.
I have 30 days to make my decision.
Nordschleife ,
I knew you would say that... I told Ricky on the phone that is what you would suggest and I am looking into it right now. Any other info you can give me on it would be great.
I just came back from driving a Presidential 1 of 130 E55's Jack and it is a beast in every sense of the word. I punched it leaving the dealer and the esp came on.
:D :cry: Obviously this would happen we are still getting the left over of Frances. But then the saleswoman said turn it off and see what it would do and I said gladly so I turned off ESP and made a U turn without the steering wheel really. :thumb: :applause: :brag:
So the Quest continues and it looks like it will lead me to either the A8L or SWB unless the Maserati works out.

ricky71370
September 8th, 2004, 20:57
im convinced...

ricky

sturs6
September 8th, 2004, 20:58
:brag: :thumb: :applause:

ricky71370
September 8th, 2004, 21:21
this is what i would get...

ricky71370
September 8th, 2004, 21:22
do you like?

gjg
September 8th, 2004, 21:23
given the area, A8L or S8 may be better choice with kid(s) unless you want your "never take the family to this car" own set of wheels .......... than the Maserati Quattroporte would be my choice as well ... :thumb:

ricky71370
September 8th, 2004, 21:24
i do.

eph94
September 8th, 2004, 21:39
I think if I were in your shoes, I would go the E55 route. You had the brunette for a year... it's time for the blonde. Variety is the spice of life!! :D Then who knows? Maybe the fiery redhead (E60 M5) could also be in your future.

Or how about the "girl next door" and go not as upscale with some Detroit iron like the CTS-V??

I'm also not opposed to the Maserati idea!! That's your runway model.

Ahhh, to dream.... yes, cars too...

JAXRS6
September 8th, 2004, 22:05
Here's a Road & Track take on the Quattroporte:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=6&article_id=1265

You didn't mention domestic brands, but there is a lot of Daimler in this forthcoming 0-to-60-in-5-sec-or-less Chrysler. It doesn't offer the prestige of the others & requires waiting til February; on the other hand, there are many more dealers for Chrysler than Maserati, which could be a factor if you travel a lot. I don't know Maserati's reputation for reliability, service or breakdowns, but if my reason for switching cars was related to component failure, I'd try to find out.

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=100555

Have fun and good luck!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Bingocaller
September 8th, 2004, 22:34
If we are talking Quattroporte, why not the Bentley Con GT or the new Ferrari 612 Scaglietti ?

In my opinion much sweeter then the Masa - a bit more expensive but still....

Klint
September 9th, 2004, 00:45
Congratulations, Stuart, it's finally happened, but remember to take those stunning rims off before they take it back...

I recon,those rims would look the doggies danglies on a Skoda Superb. :thumb:

Bauer
September 9th, 2004, 01:48
I think the E55, Quattroporte and the A8L are all very nice choices but different. Can you wait for the W12 A8? That might be the way to go.

audirs6sport
September 9th, 2004, 01:59
How about the next BMW M3, with the V8 squeezed under the bonnet? It sure seems like a nice car to own.
http://www.edmunds.com/future/2006/bmw/m3/100405835/preview.html I'm sure it's much better than the next C55 amg for OVERALL performance. Just my 2 cents. :D

:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

sturs6
September 9th, 2004, 02:25
All posts are appreciated. I have now also brought maybe the 4.2 2005 A6.

RS4Ever
September 9th, 2004, 02:44
check out the American version of the Quattroporte...

notice the Air Inlets/Outlets from the engine...:hahahehe:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/buick/parkavenue/100386757/photogallery.html?pg_type=Sedan&imgsrc=%2Fpictures%2FVEHICLE%2F2003%2FBuick%2F1001 18036%2F001396-T.jpg

hehe.

JAXRS6
September 9th, 2004, 02:47
Originally posted by RS4Ever
check out the American version of the Quattroporte...

notice the Air Inlets/Outlets from the engine...:hahahehe:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/buick/parkavenue/100386757/photogallery.html?pg_type=Sedan&imgsrc=%2Fpictures%2FVEHICLE%2F2003%2FBuick%2F1001 18036%2F001396-T.jpg

hehe.

LOL! Reminds me of a friend who, when the '94 LeSabres came out, said "If you squint it looks like a Jag!"

gjg
September 9th, 2004, 05:45
I recon,those rims would look the doggies danglies on a Skoda Superb.
hey Klint, luckily won't fit on that extender of yours :harass: :harass: :harass:

Klint
September 9th, 2004, 11:50
Originally posted by gjg
hey Klint, luckily won't fit on that extender of yours :harass: :harass: :harass:

hahahaha.. :applause:

Stuart,

What's your search criteria? (i.e four seats or two?)

Have any particular preferences (i.e German or European?)?

Quite frankly I find the Maserati Quattroporte (name stolen from Audi? and what's four about it anyway?) to be an ugly duckling that'll depreciate like every other Maser.....at a quicker rate than the Bismarck took to sink.

sturs6
September 9th, 2004, 11:59
Originally posted by Klint
hahahaha.. :applause:

Stuart,

What's your search criteria? (i.e four seats or two?)

Have any particular preferences (i.e German or European?)?

Four Doors!
Anything foreign!!!! There are no suitable domestics.
I may have narrowed it down to the new A6 4.2 and the A8L or SWB. The SWB because it is the closete thing to the old S8... which they still have on the lot with 26,000 miles.

I must also add that they have told me I could keep the car. They have found that the problem with the OnStar is something that can just be reset and it does not have to be changed everytime.

Klint
September 9th, 2004, 12:26
Originally posted by sturs6
Four Doors!
Anything foreign!!!! There are no suitable domestics.
I may have narrowed it down to the new A6 4.2 and the A8L or SWB. The SWB because it is the closete thing to the old S8... which they still have on the lot with 26,000 miles.

I must also add that they have told me I could keep the car. They have found that the problem with the OnStar is something that can just be reset and it does not have to be changed everytime.

Stuart,

A8L W12. :D

M5 RUS
September 9th, 2004, 13:09
I'd go for E55 as well...

some info of new M5 if you are willing to wait...

More titbits.
Did I mention the noise? Best soundtrack of any car, ever! Goes through so many different vocal planes that it's impossible to describe. It wails and howls and bellows on its way up to its pure F1 noise at the top of the rev range.

Noticable step in power delivery just before 6000rpm. Every time you red-line it and flick up to the next cog you're bang slap right in the middle of the sweet spot. Super fast, even in 400bhp mode. However, slip it into P500 Sport (have to use iDrive or pre-program the M-Drive button) and it's quite simply the fastest thing I've ever driven.

It sounds like the HUD was faulty on the edmunds car - the one in mine worked a treat!

'Our' test car was Interlagos - not a bad colour, but it's got a tad too much purple in it for my taste.

The chassis's great. There is a whiff of understeer in slower corners, but that's expected with something that weights the best part of two tonnes. In medium and high speed bends the grip is awesome, and BMW's claims that it'll pull over 1g are entirely believable.

Brakes are mighty powerful, although there is a bit of grumble from them after you've used them heavily, but this affects just about every car with drilled discs.

SMG works a treat, although it's a real bang bang on upshifts in S5 and S6 modes, especially if you don't lift. S4 is proably the best compromise - still very fast cahnges, but with a little more comfort. Not all that keen on SMG auto mode - prefer to do it myself.
In sequential there's a 'kickdown' point on the throttle where it will drop down the perfect number of ratios to get maximum attack acceleration - very useful for picking off dawdling German holiday makers. As always the way it blips the throttle everytime you want to downchange is just marvellous, and I don't think I'd ever tire of flicking up and down the box!

Economy isn't its strong point, but you wouldn't expect it to be would you! We saw a worst of 9mpg, a best of 18, and an average of 13mpg.

It's brilliantly stable on the Autobahn. You can sit at an indicated 270km/h all day long with really not a huge amount of windnoise, and its aggressive front end gets traffic moving out of your way like Moses parting the Red sea.

It would still be nice to have a manual, but BMW's so wrapped up in the F1 tie up that I can't see it happening. The way the cogs are arranged in the seven speed it would be impossible to make this box a manual.

Overall though, a brilliant piece of kit.

Cheers

Bob

sturs6
September 9th, 2004, 13:36
Originally posted by Klint
Stuart,

A8L W12. :D
But in all sense of the price tag and the increase over the standard 4.2 A8L is it worth it? Would it be a financially smart move? I have asked myself this because that is what I want but I think the answer is no. Others may have a different opinion and if so please state them so that I may continue to consider it. My wife would kill me though if she found out how much I would have to pay more and I am not sure I am ready to die just yet I still want to drive the Autobahn and The Ring. :D

gjg
September 9th, 2004, 14:08
But in all sense of the price tag and the increase over the standard 4.2 A8L is it worth it?

same question raised by my friend in Shelby - and he ordered A8L with 4.2. ....... IMO it is unlikely that you will utilize the power difference.

sturs6
September 9th, 2004, 14:52
Originally posted by gjg
same question raised by my friend in Shelby - and he ordered A8L with 4.2. ....... IMO it is unlikely that you will utilize the power difference.
Roger that George.
That is my thoughts exactly.

Qisha
September 9th, 2004, 15:00
I drive the A8L 4.0 tdi daily, most time Autobahn. For me it is one of the best long Distance Cars i´ve ever owned. :thumb:

I took the tdi because of the amount of kilometers i drive, round about 100.000km/year.

Overall the A8L is a good choice if you like comfort, understatement and performance as well, not just because of this it has been nominated to be the best car in it´s class.

Take a look at the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, it is also a good choice...

Bingocaller
September 9th, 2004, 15:02
Or the X5 4.8 high perfomance :thumb:

sturs6
September 9th, 2004, 15:34
Originally posted by Bingocaller
Or the X5 4.8 high perfomance :thumb:
Yeah until the ordered M5 comes in!!!:D

Bingocaller
September 9th, 2004, 16:36
Yeah until the ordered M5 comes in!!!:D

That means u have ordered the E60 M5 :confused:

If u have u are one lucky bas.. :race: :applause: :thumb:

The word one the street is that it is one amazing vehicle :MTM:

Have u seen the clip from the Ring where its going under the bridge? What a sound :music:

sturs6
September 9th, 2004, 16:56
I have not ordered yet but the thought is dancing about in my head something severe. I have heard the clip and that sold me well and the lastest review of it. posted by M5 RUS.

Bingocaller
September 9th, 2004, 16:58
I have not ordered yet but the thought is dancing about in my head something severe. I have heard the clip and that sold me well and the lastest review of it. posted by M5 RUS.

I can see where u are going :D

7:53 RS6
September 9th, 2004, 18:43
I would have a go for the m5 . But of course if its takes a year for it to arrive in to usa.........well it maybee worth waithing for.

If im lucky i will try it in oktober. And if i will tell all aboutit

Erik
September 11th, 2004, 12:12
Would you trust the italians with the electronics? :confused:

You can't get the RS6 Plus, so the most interesting car as it looks now is the new M5. I would NOT go E55 AMG. If you said E65 AMG then perhaps, but the M5 is definetly more interesting if you like to :incar: :revs:

sturs6
September 11th, 2004, 12:25
Yep Erik here it is check out my other thread at http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5085. It may be the Interlagos Blue like this picture.
http://nelson.maxieuro.com/BMW_info.html/DSCF0001.JPG